You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Biggest pile of shite.

OOT Superfan cunts are cunts and would be if they were from Liverpool and would act no different.

There's plenty of fucking no mark dickheads from Liverpool who don't have a clue just like there is from anywhere.

The Internet fanbase however is a different matter and the majority of them are from outside Liverpool so that's why it comes across this way,and I agree most of them are bad cunts but that's the Internet for you

A good lad OOT gets just as much supporting Liverpool as anyone else,and understands the club and it's traditions as much as anyone.

Mostly right I suppose, but for me, I think the difference between OTTers and locals is that of roots and community. Let me explain that a bit...

I'm a few years older than Robbie Fowler, for example. Fuck me, I loved that bloke. At the time he was rising to prominence, I was living on the corner of Kingsley and Prinny Ave in Toxteth and here's this local lad, one of us, making a name for himself in the team my Dad used to take me to watch when I was a nipper. Of course, you like to see any player in your team do well, but for a local lad there is that extra bit of love, that extra feeling you get from watching someone you can feel as your own family doing well. Family? Well...

Growing up in Liverpool in the late 70s/80s was quite close knit, there was a real sense of us vs them, what with Thatcher ripping the heart out of the place, and in all that, we were all, for the main, in this together. Any local doing well for themselves, no matter what they were doing, was a source of pride and inspiration. You loved and appreciated them the same as above, almost as part of your own extended Scouse family.

Coming to Gerrard, similar thing. Local lad grown up to be a legend playing for the club you love. Ok, he had that little flirtation with Chelski but, like you would with a kid brother, you forgive him with a clip around the head and a "Fuckin' grow up, soft lad", and carry on loving them.

I'll forgive the local lads a bit more than I would the OTT players for these reasons alone. That's all part of the passion and romance of football to me. That dream, that feeling of seeing someone from your extended family doing the business for the club you have followed for as long as you can remember.

That's the difference between local and OTT supporters. Not trying to say an OTTer is any less passionate or supportive, but there is that extra little level which, I feel, they'll never quite get in the same way as a local will.

/ramble

Fuck me, did that make any sense at all? Hope so, can't be fucked editing it as I'm now late for work. Thanks for that....

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So your happy with his contribution to the cause over the last 3 years then?? one season spent sulking because he wanted Rafa out, half the next season injured and contributed very little when he then came back, another large chunk of last season missing as well and when he came back he only produced one good game out of every 4 or 5, he is not the world class player he once was, he is still a good player and a very useful player to have at the club but he should be treated like every other player at the club, if he plays well he gets picked if he doesn't he gets dropped simple as that.

Horrible post. Gerrard owes his biggest achievement in football to Rafa. Equally Rafa owes his biggest achievement in football to Gerrard.

If Gerrard was sulking, Rafa wouldn't have noticed because he was too busy organising his move to bother coaching the team. See, anyone can play this bullshit game.

Gerrard needs to be picked, or dropped, on merit. But the amount of disrespect and bile spewed out to probably our greatest ever player and one of the greatest servants this club has ever had because of some supposed conspiracy to boot out the manager gets right on my tits. Particularly as it's invariably peddled by melts who have no idea what it is like to support the club. Gerrard will forever be a legend to proper Liverpool supporters, and should be shown some respect, even by clueless no marks.

Mostly right I suppose, but for me, I think the difference between OTTers and locals is that of roots and community. Let me explain that a bit...

I'm a few years older than Robbie Fowler, for example. Fuck me, I loved that bloke. At the time he was rising to prominence, I was living on the corner of Kingsley and Prinny Ave in Toxteth and here's this local lad, one of us, making a name for himself in the team my Dad used to take me to watch when I was a nipper. Of course, you like to see any player in your team do well, but for a local lad there is that extra bit of love, that extra feeling you get from watching someone you can feel as your own family doing well. Family? Well...

Growing up in Liverpool in the late 70s/80s was quite close knit, there was a real sense of us vs them, what with Thatcher ripping the heart out of the place, and in all that, we were all, for the main, in this together. Any local doing well for themselves, no matter what they were doing, was a source of pride and inspiration. You loved and appreciated them the same as above, almost as part of your own extended Scouse family.

Coming to Gerrard, similar thing. Local lad grown up to be a legend playing for the club you love. Ok, he had that little flirtation with Chelski but, like you would with a kid brother, you forgive him with a clip around the head and a "Fuckin' grow up, soft lad", and carry on loving them.

I'll forgive the local lads a bit more than I would the OTT players for these reasons alone. That's all part of the passion and romance of football to me. That dream, that feeling of seeing someone from your extended family doing the business for the club you have followed for as long as you can remember.

That's the difference between local and OTT supporters. Not trying to say an OTTer is any less passionate or supportive, but there is that extra little level which, I feel, they'll never quite get in the same way as a local will.

/ramble

Fuck me, did that make any sense at all? Hope so, can't be fucked editing it as I'm now late for work. Thanks for that....

That made perfect sense, Meat.

It's like a family. Locals are the family, and OOTs are the in-laws. Always welcome to come for tea. ;)

For me, the OOT debate is a moot point these days. It's more about being a regular match goer, as opposed to the once or twice a season, entertain me types that seem to have infiltrated the support.

And lets be honest - there are as many nobheads at the match with scouse accents than there are without a scouse accent.

*Lodge lane lad now living just outside the city*

Bringing the arguement of OTT vs locals fanbase when discussing the merits of a footballer is fucking stupid.

ANYWAY...back to original question of should Gerrard be dropped, the answer is of course not, you don't drop your best players. Regardless of how much stock you may think Gerrard has lost in two injury ravaged seasons he is still (easily) in our top 3 players (I personally think he is THE best player we have).

• 2 weeks later...

another awful performance from him today - so sloppy, he strikes me as being impatient, not willing to just play the simple pass - but more often than not his hollywood balls end up with us losing possession, even the basic stuff seemed tough for him today, compared to allen he looked like he was playing in treacle at times, just looks off the pace and not sharp at all

oh and of course there are the individual errors, if you keep giving the ball away you will be punished - he has now been directly responsible for an error that led to the opposition scoring in all three games this season

silverlining seems to think because he is from liverpool he should have a free pass

others seem to think because he is one of our greatest ever players his performance levels should not be questioned

for me it's simple, he is not playing well at the moment and he is doing the team damage so he should be dropped until he recovers his form

sterling and allen showed up today, a new player and a teenager and they put to shame the performances of more senior guys like reina, enrique, gerrard and suarez

Shelvey in Gerrard out next game IMO' date=' he was dreadful.

Pains me to say it as well.[/quote']

Not sure about dropping him. This is based on the fact that their aren't too many better options at the moment. I don't think he should be played in the middle anymore though. He isn't disciplined enough for a start, and when he gets forward he doesn't seem quick enough to get back. The fact that Joe Allen has come in and done so well has highlighted this even more so for me.

Should be played through the middle as he is the one most likely to score in a one on one. Suarez is playing through the middle and frankly he's rubbish at it.

Wouldn't be a bad idea, I wanted us to do that with Maxi last season.

I think Borini should be given a run as the centre forward first though. He's poor out wide, and Suarez would be much more effective on either flank, left more than right probably. Its why I wanted us to sign a left footed wide man for the right hand side. We've got about five players whose best position is wide left, arguably none for the other flank.

Gerrard is clincial and a goal threat.

Gerrard doesn't have the patience to simply recycle the ball in midfield.

Front 3 couldn't score with a golden cock.

Everyone can see it except Rodgers.

Gerrard in midfield - not working at all. Bad enough last season, but in this system you've got Gerrard playing his own way and others trying to play the Rodgers way. It's a mess.

Suarez in the middle. Not working. He's not a centre forward.

Rodgers needs to play these two in different positions if he wants to get anything out of them, and improve the goal threat from the team.

Yeah, he should. The West Brom game was a terrible game for him and I was hoping it was just one of those games. Man City he was even worse and then today he was absolutely dreadful. Him and Suarez have been so poor so far and it's quite worrying that our key players are playing this bad.

I think Allen and Shelvey would be better at this moment in time.

I'd give Shelvey a go in Gerrard's place but doubt Rodgers would have the balls to drop him.

i think rodgers fears dropping him, but soon he'll have to weigh that up against the possibility of not being employed by christmas. Gerrard will be the last person to put his hand up and admit he needs to be dropped, just like carra had to be told rather than realise it himself. He's fucking stuff up.