You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Dear. Steve has a bad day. So did (IMO) Agger, Skrtel, Kelly, Borini. Of note. I said on another thread that some bad freaky luck prevailed in terms of the pens and sending off. I'm gutted, angry, disappointed....

If this carries through another 10 games, I'll join in. For now, shit performance, but I'll put it down to a bad day.

If others feel more strongly, you're entitled to your opinion, but let's ease off on each other.

I think we should just kill him then we'll never have to worry about him ever again.

Gerrard and Suarez are gonna be lethal together.

At last. Some brevity (or is that levity)? My English needs some sharpening. Either way, good post and a rare piece of humor in a less than humorous thread. Good man.

Gerrard was shit the today along with many others.

People just have a massive problem with a captain who doesn't lead .

He hasn't performed in a few years and we are more than fucking entitled to point that I utter.

Hasnt performed in a few years ?

Seriously go fucking drown yourself.

Like it or not. Gerrard isn't the player he was five years ago. Personally I think his best position is in the front three, but in a "free" role where he can link up with the other forwards. It should be instead of Downing who is pretty much useless no matter where you put him.

Playing Gerrard in midfield makes us weaker. Yes. Weaker. I think in his head he's still "captain fantastic" or whatever the embarrasing nickname is. His comments the other day that he still sees himself as an attacking player, but that he will drop deeper in a couple of years made me shiver. Add the comment that he doesn't need to prove anything to anyone, and your'e bang on with a captain with a mentality that will hold us back as he rides into the sunset.

Like or hate Benitez, but he's the only manager in recent years that hasn't been influenced on Gerrards own wiches. (Add Capello to that, by the way).

I would love Rodgers to play Gerrard where it's best for the team, and also bench him if that's the best thing to do. I pretty much doubt it will happen.

Legends or not. The new Liverpool won't exist before a certain Gerrard and a certain Carragher have lefte the dressing room.

I certainly wouldn't drop Gerrard but I would play him in the front 3. He is clinical and has the intelligence to link up with Suarez.

I wouldn't play him in midfield anymore, not in a possession based system that requires you press the ball relentlessly when you loss the ball and requires you find a team mate 9/10 when you pass and requires you make that pass regardless of how much pressure the opposition put on the ball. I really don't think that Gerrard's game.

Play Gerrard in the position where he can hurt the opposition the most and that is part of the front 3. This is where Dempsey would play if we bought him and Gerrard (imho) would be more effective.

Put

Hey listen smackhead, the day you see me turn on our players, you can call me for it.

You fucking whinge like a girl too much but you know that right? Whatever.

Who said anything about you turning on players? My original post was agreeing with you over the amount of gobshites having a go at everything like it was the apocalypse & not our 1st game of the season. When I called you a gobshite I didn't mean you were joining in with them, I just meant you were a gobshite, in general. The biggest on here. Even after Code.

Guest San Don

LOL! All these 'Championship Manager' types saying authoritively when and where Gerrard should play.

How come you lads arent League One Managers in real life never mind in the Premier League?

Guest San Don
Who said anything about you turning on players? My original post was agreeing with you over the amount of gobshites having a go at everything like it was the apocalypse & not our 1st game of the season. When I called you a gobshite I didn't mean you were joining in with them, I just meant you were a gobshite, in general. The biggest on here. Even after Code.

Wibble. Faux indignation.

When was the last time he turned a game around and showed some leadership ?

I just finished watching the game there again and his attitude stank yesterday.

Watch it again and you'll see what I mean.

He's a world class player when he wants to be but sadly it's been a few years since hes consistently shown it.

I wouldn't want him dropped but I think he needs a kick up the hole just to remind him he's supposed to be leading by example.

I'll judge Gerrard when he's played as an attacking midfield player and plays crap for a few games and not when asked to play in a position that gives the opposition a boost because he has little chance of hurting them.

Strange people weren't saying this after the Gomel home game.

Gerrard. Right Wing. Still best crosser at the club.

Suarez. Left Wing. Finishing not good enough for CF.

Carroll. Centre Forward. Looks like he wants to shove it right up his doubters.

Borini from the bench. While he gets the hang of things.

Very simple.

And no Downing ever again.

Seriously who on earth would even pay £5mill for him now?

Wolves?

When was the last time he turned a game around and showed some leadership ?

I just finished watching the game there again and his attitude stank yesterday.

Watch it again and you'll see what I mean.

He's a world class player when he wants to be but sadly it's been a few years since hes consistently shown it.

I wouldn't want him dropped but I think he needs a kick up the hole just to remind him he's supposed to be leading by example.

newcastle at home last season? probably had other influential games after that but I'm only up to January in Dave's book. I'll let you know though when I'm reminded of any other games from last season.

Norwich away was another one.

Gerrard will be fine. He's been written off more times than I care to remember.

He'll be adding to his 150 goals for the club.

newcastle at home last season? probably had other influential games after that but I'm only up to January in Dave's book. I'll let you know though when I'm reminded of any other games from last season.

Norwich away was another one.

Gerrard will be fine. He's been written off more times than I care to remember.

He'll be adding to his 150 goals for the club.

I'm a massive fan of our captains but our performances and results were a lot weaker with him in the team last season and even the season before. He played very well in only 3 maybe 4 games last season.

We can't afford to play him in a pivotal position and hope he is going to turn it on if he continues playing well in only a 30 to 40 per cent ratio that he has for over 2 years.

And it's nothing personal, great players have always been treated as they should be at this club but never at the expense of the team.

Bar goalie Gerrard would probably be our best player in every position on the park even at his relatively advanced age. At the moment he is undroppable and what message does dropping the Captain of any team, after one league game send out ?

Think Downing will be warming the bench soon. Once Assaidi up and running he will go straight in - I expect him to play against Hearts. Didn't watch game yesterday just listened but would Borini have done better as the main striker down the middle with Suarez playing on left or right of front 3 ?

LOL! All these 'Championship Manager' types saying authoritively when and where Gerrard should play.

How come you lads arent League One Managers in real life never mind in the Premier League?

So you haven't got an opinion on anything then. If you have one tho, your a 'championship manager' type, who's opinion doesn't matter coz you've never managed in league one never mind the prem! May as well close the forum down then. Gobshite

Are you talking about dropping him to motivate him?

Do you know him? What motivates him? Everybody is motivated by different things. Indeed some players would be demotivated by this course of action.

Perhaps you want to drop him for a better player? Who Did you have on mind?