You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

For fuck sake wake up everyone. It's the same as carra.

Both legends but just not able to repeat the performances of old.

He should not be guaranteed a place anymore as he's done nowt for at least 4 years.

Younger and hungrier players are available and if we are to shake out the stale attitudes then Stevie needs to take a backseat now. If he's to play he should at least pretend he cares.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's probably all but given up by now, must be hard to motivate himself.

If he cannot get motivated he should give up. I'd play him starting RW, free role, go where you feel like. He was one of the poorer ones today, but there's no reason to drop him. Skrtel and Agger were both poor, as well. Drop them? Suarez ahould have scored 3. Drop him?

The ones to drop after this game are Downing and Kelly. The rest should just get a kick up their arse.

He needs to take Downings spot in the team. And I'll be fucked if anyone whines about him playing on the wing or some shit.

Hes wasted playing in midfield. He needs to play where he can be a goal threat and he would be if he takes Downings spot.

Yes.

Play Carroll up front with Suarez too.

Looks to me like Andy has a point to prove to Rodgers.

Downing should never play for the club again.

Every time he sets foot on the pitch he knocks another £500k off his already diminished price.

Abysmal signing.

I though Allen was crap rather, I though he didn't look part of the team yet and did not work wells with Lucas or Stevie. I would have started Jonjo over Allen today to atleast give the team a sense of paid work for the weeks in training and would have integrated Allen gradually.

I though Allen was crap rather, I though he didn't look part of the team yet and did not work wells with Lucas or Stevie. I would have started Jonjo over Allen today to atleast give the team a sense of paid work for the weeks in training and would have integrated Allen gradually.

Hmmmm, I'm not sure about that. Allen is a much better player than Shelvey right now. I know Shelvey's still only 15 or whatever, and I have high hopes for him, but there's no point in not playing Allen. Maybe Shelvey will get a go soon, but I don't expect him to be replacing Allen.

He was shite today. Drop him. Who was our goalie who let in all the goals? Drop him too, he can't be trusted. One bad game, get rid. We don't need those liabilites. Who was the manager who put those players out? Sack him an all. We had such a bad game today, the whole club is a joke. Just sack the club.

Idiots. One game. Give it a rest.

Hmmmm, I'm not sure about that. Allen is a much better player than Shelvey right now. I know Shelvey's still only 15 or whatever, and I have high hopes for him, but there's no point in not playing Allen. Maybe Shelvey will get a go soon, but I don't expect him to be replacing Allen.

I'm not saying Jonjo is better than Allen or that he should be ahead of him, I'm just saying maybe it was too early for Allen to start because he really did not look comfortable with his teammates today. I might be wrong but one week of training is not enough to get a new player on a team ready for an EPL start.

Baffles me, half of the mongs on here are a joke, I bet 90% of you have never kicked a fucking ball in your life.

this forum used you have a lot of decent reds on here with productive criticism but nowadays it's littered with fucking retards, instead of complaining on your fucking laptops get to a match you plassy cunts, easy to sit back after 90 mins and switch from your steam to here, think of the thousands that made the fucking trip like me, 200 quid day.

Best fans in the world be fucked, one game in already the mongs are off, jokers the lot of you.

I'm not saying Jonjo is better than Allen or that he should be ahead of him, I'm just saying maybe it was too early for Allen to start because he really did not look comfortable with his teammates today. I might be wrong but one week of training is not enough to get a new player on a team ready for an EPL start.

I'd agree with that, the midfield looked better with Shelvey there. Options and possibilities...

I get what you're saying, but i think a good player can slot in straight away. I'm not sure there was much coherence anywhere on the pitch to be honest.

It's early days. It will get better.

Guest San Don

Fucking hell. 1st game of the season and the attention seeking mongs want to hang someone out to dry already.

You utter fucking gobshites.

Nobody should be guaranteed a place in the side, even if they are/were world class, if their form doesn't merit it. I'm not necessarily saying that's the case with Gerrard's performance today because I've not seen the game. Aside from being club captain, one reason why he's always selected when fit is that he has so often brought the team that little bit extra when we've needed it. Certainly when he's bang in form he's still a fantastic footballer and well worth his place in the side so it would be foolish to dismiss him outright.

Since the last World Cup, aside from his various injury issues, he has struggled with consistency. That's is partly down to all the chopping and changing of management and playing philosophies as well as a high turnover in personnel. I don't think it has anything to do with a lack of motivation which some people have suggested.

We know that he is at his most effective when playing off the front man because his link-up play is superb. The thing is, he has been playing in a deeper role pretty much since Hodgson came in. Hodgson had Gerrard playing as a more orthodox midfielder and it didn't suit him. He can play that way but if you want consistency from him, that is not the role to put him in.

When he has two midfielders behind him (the 'double pivot' if you like) he doesn't need to track back and drop deep nearly as often, so he can utilise his abilities where they are most effective, in the last third. As part of a midfield 3 in a 4-3-3, he can still be effective this way. The problem arises when the 4-3-3 has two midfielders further forward and only one staying back. Looking at Rodgers' set up with Allen and Lucas, I think he wants Lucas to be the deepest of the 3, but that means Gerrard would need to do more pressing and tracking back alongside Allen. Even if the team as a whole plays a high-intensity pressing game, Gerrard will still be a bit further away from the front man than he would like.

In terms of captaincy, he's one of those that goes by deed rather than talk. That's great when things are going well, and he certainly has the knack of galvanising his teammates with his play on the pitch. When he's off his game or things are not panning out well, I do think he's a little too quiet and reflective. He's not a ranter and a raver and that's fine, but sometimes I feel that he's too self-conscious about his role in the team and how much responsibility he has to bear that he doesn't want to ball out his teammates lest it have a negative effect on the team. He's caught between a rock and a hard place.

It's going a bit too far to analyse Gerrard on the basis of just one league game, especially in a team slowly getting to grips with a whole new approach. I know today was a shocker and has people worried, and I know it's cliche to bang on about having patience and so on, but it is a necessary thing to have to do.

I can certainly make my points a lot better than I have above, but hey, it's Saturday evening and it's baking hot!

Baffles me' date=' half of the mongs on here are a joke, I bet 90% of you have never kicked a fucking ball in your life.

this forum used you have a lot of decent reds on here with productive criticism but nowadays it's littered with fucking retards, instead of complaining on your fucking laptops get to a match you plassy cunts, easy to sit back after 90 mins and switch from your steam to here, think of the thousands that made the fucking trip like me, 200 quid day.

Best fans in the world be fucked, one game in already the mongs are off, jokers the lot of you.[/quote']

A once mighty institution is now a laughing stock, people are gonna have their say regardless of the odd retard.

Fucking hell. 1st game of the season and the attention seeking mongs want to hang someone out to dry already.

You utter fucking gobshites.

Aye you're right San Don, some proper fuckin bell whiffs on here today. Unbelievable. I really hate this new breed of 'fan'.

You'll always still be the biggest gobshite tho. Whatever.

He was surrounded by poor to mediocre players. I genuinely feel sorry for the chap... Another false dawn...

Uh?

I can name hardly any of the West Brom players, and they pissed on us, so let's not go suggesting that it was the quality of players we dont have that fucked us today.

One manager, one day, is going to drop him after a bad performance or two.

Write me a list of the top 100 players in the World, where would Gerrard be in that list? Would he even make that list?

Why does it have to have an ulterior meaning if we drop him?

So what if he's the son of Liverpool? I thought this was a football club and not a popularity contest?

I think this will come as a shock to Brendan Rodgers, who may now have to leave Assaidi on the bench for Man City and start Cilla Black instead.