You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nuri Sahin

WhiskeyJar

Theres multiple scenarios playing out in my head really with all this.

Get Sahin, keep Agger...maybe sign 1 or 2 more players...Delighted with that.

Miss out on Sahin, keep Agger, sign another forward/wide player... Happy with that.

Miss out on Sahin, lose Agger, don't sign anyone else... Will not be happy at all.

Basically I won't lose any sleep over it if we everything else goes in our favour.

A truly wonderfully crafted article which claims both that there'll be a decision in the next few hours and that there'll be no decision until next week. Brilliant.

"Senior LFC staff were telling everyone who would listen they were 100% confident!"

...says one guy on twitter.

Shambles if true. What the fuck is wrong with the heirachy at the club?

The fact that its on twitter, about senior staff with no names, about a player that are 'linked' with along with many other clubs leads me to believe that that 'one guy on twitter' is talking shite

I think people need to remember we finished eighth last season. We cannot sell the club on the name alone. It's ok to think Arsenal are in disarray but they finished third and have been a mainstay of the Champions League for 15 years. Why would a young Turkish lad feel any affinity to us when clubs who are currently in a much healthier state are also interested in him? Get in the real world, if we sign him we have pulled of a major coup. If we don't then we have to realise that it's a direct result or the three years of underachievement and our absence from the top table of European football.

The fact that its on twitter, about senior staff with no names, about a player that are 'linked' with along with many other clubs leads me to believe that that 'one guy on twitter' is talking shite

I dunno. People with insiders at the club were all saying the same thing. Someone was mouthing off that it was a done deal. It probably was verbally, mind, but they should wait until everything is signed.

I think people need to remember we finished eighth last season. We cannot sell the club on the name alone. It's ok to think Arsenal are in disarray but they finished third and have been a mainstay of the Champions League for 15 years. Why would a young Turkish lad feel any affinity to us when clubs who are currently in a much healthier state are also interested in him? Get in the real world, if we sign him we have pulled of a major coup. If we don't then we have to realise that it's a direct result or the three years of underachievement and our absence from the top table of European football.

Exactly

We are unlikely to forget with miserable fuckers like your good whining on.

Just what exactly is the point of that post.

I can pick up any paper I like to find out how far we have fallen. I could do without a fellow red bitching over old ground.

Are any players going to any sides outside the CL.

It's a loan though. Surely it's his clubs decision who he's going to, it's not like it's a permanent move can't Madrid say we are loaning a player to Liverpool.. So arsenal please fuck off this isn't an auction we want him at a club were he will walk into the team under a manager we know and not be fingered up the arse in the shower by a floating hot water tank cover you fucking breathing apparatus of a club.

Sheeeeeiiiiit we should be the faucet and the goose.

I dunno. People with insiders at the club were all saying the same thing. Someone was mouthing off that it was a done deal. It probably was verbally, mind, but they should wait until everything is signed.

To be honest. I mentioned it in another thread yesterday that i was concerned an was told it was 100% done deal so either somethings changed or the press need a story to print.

Randy Marsh on the money. I would also like to add that this modern player is a pain in the cunt. Shit bags* like this should be happy that LFC are interested in him in the first place. This bollocks of being thrilled that a club like Man City or Chelsea or PSG or any other newly rich club are interested is a total heap of shit. Its the money you fucking cunts.

*he obviously is not a shit bag if he signs

We are unlikely to forget with miserable fuckers like your good whining on.

Just what exactly is the point of that post.

I can pick up any paper I like to find out how far we have fallen. I could do without a fellow red bitching over old ground.

Are any players going to any sides outside the CL.

Behave you whopper.

It's this arrogance that if he doesn't want to walk over broken glass to sign for us then we should fuck him off. It doesn't work like that. We are a level below the clubs competing for his signature. Good players are hard to come by and we will face competition for anyone we are competing for. Being Liverpool alone isn't enough.

The dismissal of Arsenal as a poorer option to ourselves makes me laugh when you look at our league performance since 2009. I'm not dredging up old ground or wallowing in our underachievement, I'm reminding people that we finished eighth last season and this romantic idea that players will willingly forego CLfootball to come and play for us just because we are Liverpool is utter nonsense. Foreign players will need alot of persuasion that we are the right club to sign for when we are competing with higher placed rivals. If he signs for Arsenal he isn't a cunt, he is just joining a club in the capital who play Champions League football every season. No matter how you spin it we are a step down from that on current levels. If he comes we have done a great job in convincing him.

Arsenal and Wenger > Liverpool and Rodgers

Champions League > Europa League

That's just the way things are at present. Deal with it.

Can you still say that now that 2 of the 3 most influential Arsenal players just left?

I'm not so sure.

Arsenal are in their own state of disarray now and these new lads need to hit the ground running for them to stand any chance of being top 4. Personally if they don't get Sahin (who should sign for them) or similair to plug the hole left by Song and they don't get a reliable CB then they could be in more trouble than people think.

The only players that Arsenal have that I believe could improve our side are attacking players, the only defensive player they have worth his salt is Vermaelan.