You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Not particularly arsed about this in a footballing sense, he's a good player but nowhere near the caliber of the top strikers of years gone by, despite his record last season, plus some partnerships just don't click.

don't agree with this, think he has been at the top level of strikers for a long time now when fit, just that hasn't been enough, he'll never have a season like last season mind and whilst I expect him to be in the league's top scorers I do think he will lessen Rooney's impact

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you join those fucking bastards from any of the top clubs in England you are committing treason. It's absolutely unacceptable and I fully understand the hate Arsenal fans feel for this cunt. Unfortunately I'm sure Wenger will find someone great to replace him and bring them up there in the right place as always but not good enough to be in for any titles due to their usual cock-ups in late March.

I reckon old purple is concerned weetabix heads best days are behind him. He reminds me of Norman Whiteside in that he was fully formed at 17 yrs old and on the slide at 25.

I could be proved wrong of course.

Another thought is whether purple still holds a grudge over the misbehaviour the other year when he complained about the quality of the signings and hinting at a move only to get a pay rise out of it all.

Purple kept his council and let his fartcatchers in the press have a pop at him.

If RVP starts slotting and Kagawa steps up he might just try and move him on.

Fucking wishful thinking on my part.

Guest The Big Green Bastard
I reckon old purple is concerned weetabix heads best days are behind him. He reminds me of Norman Whiteside in that he was fully formed at 17 yrs old and on the slide at 25.

Another thought is whether purple still holds a grudge over the misbehaviour the other year when he complained about the quality of the signings and hinting at a move only to get a pay rise out of it all.

Purple kept his council and let his fartcatchers in the press have a pop at him.

I reckon he will get moved into an attacking mid role as his pace declines.

You could be quite right with all this, Corro.

And getting inside old purple's Bordeaux-addled head is definitely over and above the call of duty, so well done...

This Van Persie thing could go either way.

It's definitely an over the odds buy. A very good player, on the oldish side, bought on the back of one stellar season.

It does smack of a 70-plus-year-old manager's last throw of the dice in the face of Russian Oligarchy and billionaire towel-headism.

If it works, and I mean winning the title no less, it will be a "masterstroke".

If it doesn't, well, Susan Boyle will be clearing her throat in the OT dressing rooms in readiness for his vale aria.

As for Weetabix Boy ... well, Paul Gascoigne needs replacing.

Really?!

Oh, you again?

Yes, really.

It was a light-hearted "regionalist" remark, mate, yes.

A joke if you will, made in a similarly parodic, linguistic, connotative context of the post I was commenting on.

You've heard of jokes, I believe... you know, those things you try to crack and no one laughs at.

You appear aptly self-titled, fungus.

A trawling, cowardly, bottom-feeding, parasitic invertebrate lurking in the wings, who probably only laughs at his own jokes, and throws his toys out of the travel cot when people don't find you remotely as funny as you think you are.

Get a life, son.

And take that advice as a privilege, as I don't normally bother with the likes of you, and certainly won't be from this post onwards.

Skaro don't be a bellend he has legitimately called you up on a comment you made. It's a shit joke which undermines what's was a reasonable post by you.

Yes, mate, it may well have been a shit joke and if you think it undermines the post fair enough.... And if it's that important to you to speak on someone else's behalf as well, at least get it in context.

He made some smart arse, snide remarks to me on another thread yesterday as well, and I had a crack back, and so he was merely looking for an excuse to have another crack here, which I gave him perhaps.

So the tete-a-tete went further back than this page.

(And besides, other than you, no one else seems to have found the need to pipe up about my shit joke, perhaps because it was also irrelevant to the point I was making,)

As I said, I won't be engaging with him again.

As for the bad jokes, well you'll just have to take the good with the bad.

And bellend? If you say so.

Fair enough, just dont like threads being derailed (appreciate I have done that here myself).

Rvp will no doubt be a good signing for them. They do need better full backs and central midfielder but they will be up there. Arsenal also losing song is good news though especially if they don't get sahin in. That's the team we should displace but I will be happy if any of them drop out to our gain.

Fair enough, just dont like threads being derailed (appreciate I have done that here myself).

Indeed.

I was commenting very specifically about the implications of the RVP move, not derailing, in the post you and Mushroom chose to take exception to.

Anyway, fuck other teams' players. We're at West Brom tomorrow. Much more interesting thing to talk about.

Regarding City not wanting him - seems Mancini was interested - probably to replace Dzeko but a don't know any City fans bothered about him.

As 'available' strikers go - he's probably as decent as it gets, but looks like United had to pay over the odds for him. Seller's market it seems.

Not really sure where he'd fit in at City and (honestly) if someone asked "would you swap him for Aguero? it'd be no. Similar for Tevez ('issues' apart). Personally I'd have swapped him for Dzeko or Ballo (maybe) but all in all, I'm not sure he'd be an improvement.

I believe he's a great player, but was flattered by Arsenal last year, with all routes to goal through him. United won't quite be the same deal.

From RVP's point of view, he's probably made the most logical move... little guarantee at City, much more chance of being the main man at United, but still a chance of winning something.... I hope he doesn't of course!

It's obvious that United are terrified of us, that's why they signed Van Persie. They knew they wouldn't be able to handle the pressure we're going to put them under this season. They're running scared. This is the year we win the treble and man u fall apart. YNWA

It's obvious that United are terrified of us, that's why they signed Van Persie. They knew they wouldn't be able to handle the pressure we're going to put them under this season. They're running scared. This is the year we win the treble and man u fall apart. YNWA

Obvious Troll

ROBIN Van Persie is expected to be out for at least nine months after some very loud shouting by Sir Alex Ferguson.

Van Persie will not travel without his Emotional Support Bunny

The new Manchester United star is convalescing in Holland where trained soothers are giving him a temple massage with spa water infused with essence of tulip.

Following United’s defeat to Everton, Van Persie was horrified to discover that his new manager used very nasty swear words and spoke in an aggressive tone.

Minutes later, psychiatric nurses were called to the dressing room and Van Persie was removed in a wheel chair, sobbing uncontrollably as a wet patch spread rapidly over his groin.

The Dutch star said: “Such awful words. And he threw a cup. No one has ever spoken to me like that – not my mother, my teacher, my pastor and certainly not Mr Wenger.

“My parents were artists in Rotterdam, When I was 14 and some rough girls teased me about my bow legs I ran weeping to my mother. She said to ignore them, that I had been granted twinkle toes by the angels and I was destined to dance through life, free of all horridness. But now this beastly man…”

When he first joined Feyenoord, Van Persie’s mother issued him with a note, passed on in turn to Arsene Wenger, stating that he had ‘delicate bones, delicate ligaments, delicate hamstrings and especially, delicate nerves – he is my delicate little fairy artist boy’.

But the note never reached Old Trafford and may have been lost along with Van Persie’s cotton wool padded romper suit.

Sir Alex said: “I thought I was pretty mild – I just called him a ‘useless wee bucket of fuck’.

“He started crying so I said to him, ‘harden up, it’s not as if you’re living in Glasgow’. Then he said, ‘what’s Glasgow?’ and so I told him and he started crying again.”