We just don't have any consistent, reliable shooters. That skied effort from Johnson is all we can expect from the majority of our players the majority of the time.

Suarez is not clinical at all in his shooting, which wouldn't be a problem except that almost all our chances are started and ended by him.

Downing can't beat a man, he can't go past a man because he has no real speed or acceleration or any technique whatsoever. And it's hard to be a winger without those 2 qualities. Gera with a stunner, a nice goal but we should score already..

He looks as anaemic as ever. If Asssaidi's any way decent he could play a big part this season.

Allen looks great already.

We still need a goalscorer.

Basically same shit different season then eh? Inability of multimillionaire players to finish or to make the most of their possession. Inept, laughable officiating and boo-boy knuckle dragging opposition "supporters". Doesn't change does it.

Bring on the Paralympics, this is a fucking load of wank.

I'll add to the moaning!

Just playing exactly like last season, create loads of chances, not take them. Just hope we can improve, we've got to.

I see everyone is coming back for corners again?

He looks as anaemic as ever. If Asssaidi's any way decent he could play a big part this season.

Allen looks great already.

We still need a goalscorer.

I have literally run out of scorn for Downing.

He just ain't worth mentioning any more.

A staggering waste of cash that nearly everyone on here predicted.

Errrrrrr..... my 1-3 prediction is still on.

Impressed by Allen, hoping Borini is gonna be one of those players who is meh most of the game but pops up with a brace at least.

Not sure we could have done too much about that goal - blinder, except score 3 that is...

It's impossible to plan how to play a game of football when the referee and his buddies use different sets of rules at different points of the match. Joe Allen penalised for tackling people, but West Brom get no problems for the use of elbows, some of it was disgusting. Loads of fouling from West Brom, that's all they've got.

I'd take Downing and Borini off and replace them with Shelvey and Carroll, if it's a fight they want then let's give it to them. I hope we win this, I fucking hate West Brom, and I hate Clarke, unfortunately they've left a lovely set of chocolate digestives out for Dowd and his boys in their dressing room.

Dowd must be hating it out there, dressed in lack on a hot day, the fat fuck.

Same story as last season really, played some nice stuff, created some decent chances and then concede.

Really hope we can turn it around in the second half, need to get some points here considering how hard our next few games are.