You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Well get beat 8 nil there will be a pitch invasion and Rodgers will fight for his life and cheese will go up 50 percent.

I think well win but the last few year our opening games have pissed me off, last season v Sunderland summed up our season. It's an absolute must win for me considering our next fixtures.

Absolutely chomping at the bit here. Can't wait for 3:00.

Can't make up my mind about the first few fixtures. Looks tough on paper but then we've been ok against top teams for the last couple of seasons so I guess I should be worried about today instead going on recent league form.

But I'm not.

Away win for us (1-3).

C'mon Brendan's Boys!!!

Well get beat 8 nil there will be a pitch invasion and Rodgers will fight for his life and cheese will go up 50 percent.

I think well win but the last few year our opening games have pissed me off, last season v Sunderland summed up our season. It's an absolute must win for me considering our next fixtures.

Somebody better bump that cheese thread or we could get twatted.

Forget it, done.

I think we'll do well in the upcoming fixtures against the big sides, it's the smaller teams that worry me. Today is a big test. Must attack them from the off and none of this sitting back passing it sideways for 60 minutes against a side that will be quite happy to let us do just that.

Considering we went Gung Ho against most sides last season and didnt win I would guess its not a great tactic.

Considering we went Gung Ho against most sides last season and didnt win I would guess its not a great tactic.

We were woefully negative in these away games last season, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

I don't know where the myth has come from that we were very attacking last season.

Go back and actually count the number of players we were sending forward and the number of players who were in the box when one of Downing's shit crosses came in, you're in for a shock. We were cowardly.

Whether that was Kenny's instruction or simply the cowardly, negative nature of players like Downing and Henderson who were supposed to be in and around the box but weren't is anyone's guess, but them are the facts.

As long as Rodgers is willing to commit players forward, we're sound.

Our style of play will dominate the smaller teams, so it'll just come down to finishing.

When you play the big sides (and we are a big side) its usually just a pick em'. Other than City, I feel we're just as capable of beating United, Chelsea and Spurs 3-0 as they are beating us.

Joe Allen makes his Liverpool debut in today's Barclays Premier League opener at West Bromwich Albion – listen live online from 2.30pm BST.

The midfielder is joined in the side by fellow summer signing Fabio Borini for Brendan Rodgers' first league game in charge of the Reds.

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Kelly, Agger, Skrtel, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Downing, Borini, Suarez. Subs: Jones, Adam, Henderson, Shelvey, Carroll, Carragher, Cole.

Allen starts - listen live - Liverpool FC

We were woefully negative in these away games last season, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

I don't know where the myth has come from that we were very attacking last season.

Go back and actually count the number of players we were sending forward and the number of players who were in the box when one of Downing's shit crosses came in, you're in for a shock. We were cowardly.

Whether that was Kenny's instruction or simply the cowardly, negative nature of players like Downing and Henderson who were supposed to be in and around the box but weren't is anyone's guess, but them are the facts.

In about 50% of our away games that was true. We were woeful.

But the other 50% of games we didnt let our opponents cross the halfway line, we created loads but failed to convert.

The truth is we should have got a hell of alot more points from a number of games last season, but a lack of quality in the final third cost us.

Nice team, what's happened Enrique? Not even on the bench.

I'm glad Henderson is on the bench, I do think he's going to be a really good player in the future, so hopefully this year he can play a bit-part role and learn from the likes of Gerrard. That's what should have happened last season.

Negative? We were too positive most of the time. We never controlled games.

Would have preferred Sterling on the bench over Adam, but I can see why he's gone with Adam.

I wonder what happens if Sahin and another attacker comes in? Do we loan out Shelvey or Henderson? And who is left out when Assiadi comes back? And is Kelly going to be left off the bench when Enrique comes back?

EDIT - Had no idea West Brom got Lukaku on loan.

If Wor Andy comes on either of the other two move outside anyway.

I suppose. Still, until that other lad is ready, Sterling is the only one to offer us a bit of pace from the bench. Thought his goal against Leverkusen was quality too.

Also Joe Cole is about as much use as a used tampon.

All jesting aside, I think this can be a massive year for Sterling but he needs to be used. 7 places on the bench, no harm one of them going to the kid.