You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest San Don
Hardly touched?

So you mean he was touched.

Any push in the back when running at pace will knock you over.

We would have been screaming for a pen and a red card if it had happenned to Suarez.

And you seriously think dowd, atkinson, mason et all would have given Suarez two pens in 5 minutes at Anfield in similar circumstances!?

Have a fucking word with yourself.

Makes me laugh when people try and take positives from yesterday, there are none, our new midfield got twated by fucking West Brom, Rodgers should apologise for the team and to the lads who went there yesterday

Are you saying there is a new letter coming up?

And you seriously think dowd, atkinson, mason et all would have given Suarez two pens in 5 minutes at Anfield in similar circumstances!?

Good point, and even if he did the FA would have nullified the result by Monday and banned Suarez another 10 games.

They would have probably seen it as a prime opportunity and booked him for diving.

Negatives:

The ref

Losing Agger for the City game

Downing is still hiding

Gerrard had an off day

Suarez continues to miss chances he should be putting away

Boroni was pretty quiet

Skrtel was poor with the ball

Lucas looked unfit but that's understandable

Kelly is not and never will be a right back

Joe Cole

Carraghers embarrassing attempt of a shoulder barge on Lukaku when skinned

Positives:

Joe Allen looks a player

Reina looked better

Glen Johnson was decent

Enrique should be back for the next game

Seriously shit day yesterday. All the old failings of last season were laid out to bare yesterday.

We still can't convert our chances, we feel unlucky all the time, our heads go down once something goes against us and we start feeling sorry for ourselves all over again and again and again.

We were desperately unlucky with the 2 peno decisions yesterday but i dont think it would have mattered if Suarez Johnson or Borini had converted at least 1 of their opportunities in the first half.

I must of been watching a different game to the general media as i never thought West Brom were in it until Gera scored just before half time. We come out second half and piled the pressure on, they get a break away, a peno and a sending off and suddenly the whole game has changed, but what fuckin infuriates me is that everybodies heads drop.

If we had of pulled 1 or 2 back before the end we would of been feeling a hell of a lot better then we do today leaving that pitch yesterday but that was never going to happen because as soon as they scored their second peno we might as well of packed up and went home, we were just not interested after that.

This feeling sorry for ourselves, poor me attitude will get us relegated (OVER REACTION YOU MIGHT SAY) if we are not carefull because thats the ways losers think....they think the whole fuckin world is against them and this team reeks of a poor me attitude, it all goes against us!!!!

Mentality needs to change drastically this season if its to be a progressive one.........WE NEED A STRIKER A.S.A.P.

Not an unexpected result really. A team expected to finish 7th goes a man down and loses away. Two centrebacks who played like they'd had their heads turned, a forward who has the pressure to create and score all of the team's goals, and a captain who, despite trying to convince himself otherwise, probably secretly wishes he was elsewhere. All having its roots in a disastrous transfer policy that began with the signing of Keane and has culminated with spending the majority of the transfer budget on a slightly upgraded Henderson in lieu of the desperately needed goalscorer.

And now there's some fans suggesting selling Suarez and Gerrard. The batshit crazy, gutless thought process of the owners has somehow spread into the fanbase.

Allen proved yesterday that he is far from a slight upgrade on Henderson, his touch and passing was excellent at times.

This is the culmination of problems that have been allowed to fester under previous regimes, and thanks to last years woefull transfers we now have £80m worth of talent vying for a squad place, and need to find 3 or 4 first team players on a limited budget. Something has to give, it should be Caroll, Adam, Downing and Spearing, it might be Agger if those four don't move, or can't be moved on.

My own personal view is that Caroll and Adam have to go, and we need a minimum £25m for them.

We looked slick against Gomel at Anfield and all the things we were told were going to be there, were there. The quick closing and the passing. At West Brom it wasn't quite there, for whatever reason, the closing looked a bit hurried and frantic and we were bypassed sometimes. The passing was nice at times but didnt really lead anywhere - that is something that will change when we have more attacking threat (i.e., someone other than Downing playing as one of the top three).

I think we will have days when we batter teams, but it IS early days, we arent going to have everything figured out already and if anything, I think that first day nightmare will only make everyone work that much harder and make us a better side long-term. They sure as shite won't want to experience another day like that any time soon anyway. Hopefully that will be enough of a kick up the arse to get everyone going.

I was there, it wasn't that bad. If we played like that against manure we would smash them, same with citeh, or the chavs. This is our year mark my words.

Jesus, wums just don't put in any sort effort these days.

You're as inconspicuous as Andy Carroll at a Westlife gig.

Good point, and even if he did the FA would have nullified the result by Monday and banned Suarez another 10 games.

And it's banal replies like this that make us appear like whinging fans who think the whole football world is against us.The first was a penalty and therefore a sending off,the second probably not.Believe it or not,we have had the odd decision in our favour over they years.It seems like you can't criticise or be objective these days without appearing to be a traitor to the cause.Open your eyes and your mind lads,and yes have a word with yourselves.

• Downvote 1

Some perspective from a West Brom fan on RAWK.

I'll repeat what I've said in other threads.

First half you lot were very good, and looked like you might score every time you went forward.* The problem was, you didn't.

We played fairly neatly but never really threatened.* Down your left Johnson kept overlapping and caused us loads of problems.

Gera's goal was quality, but I just assumed you'd turn it up another gear in the second half, and end up winning 3-1 to be honest.

The red card obviously changed the game, and after that you were pretty awful, defensively a complete shambles.* If you can start scoring (and I get the impression you've been saying this for a long time) you'll be a pretty good side, especially once you get used to the new system.

Another couple of points...

As far as the referee goes, we were certainly pretty lucky over the course of the game, in terms of you guys getting yellows, and our players getting away without them etc.* But as far as the big decisions go, I really don't think you can complain.* Both were penalties in my honest opinion, and I'd like to think that isn't bias talking.* And it was obviously a red card because he was last man (regardless of how innocuous the foul was).

Also, whilst I think you lot have the makings of a good side, it'll be a while before you're a great side.* You'll be nowhere near top 4 this season.* Bit of a longish term project I think.

Anyway good luck with the rest of the season etc etc.

And so after the pre-season optimism, reality bites. I was at the game as an exec guest, and we had a couple of Albion coaches on our table, which made for an incredibly insightful day before, during and after. The Hawthorns is a great ground, and the atmosphere was rocking with a great showing from the travelling Reds.

The results and performance were disappointing, yet in the first half we were the better side and could easily have been four up. It is easy to forget that this was only Rodger’s 39th game in the Premier League, he will learn, and we will have to bear with him. Equally at Swansea he was a disciple of what Martinez had put in place not the instigator, so implementing this short passing game is as new to him as it it is for the players to play it, again he will need time.

Rodgers was incredibly unlucky to be playing a side managed by a man who knew the Liverpool side far better than he does. That is a one off.

No complaints about the penalties or sending off. Suarez’ booking was unnecessary and a concern, we need him available all season and he cannot afford any disciplinary issues this term. I am a big supporter of what Rodgers is trying to do, the irony that Carroll would probably have put away those two headers that Luis missed grated though. Albion were happy to let Luis run with the ball playing the percentages that ultimately he was unlikely to hurt them. Our failure to score will concern Rodgers.

I am a little more relaxed about the Agger/Skrts/ Carra jitters at the back, once they get used to Rodgers style that will settle down soon. I am delighted at the lack of criticism of Rodgers, he inherited a team in relegation form in the second half of last season, one that was not scoring enough goals, that was never going to turn around straight away. We just need to back Rodgers and give him breathing space- which I am sure he will get.

I believe Carroll must stay but the gutless and the useless (Adam, Downing and Spearing step forward) have to be moved on.Adam clearly cannot cope with being just another player (unlike his superstar status at Blackpool) Downing and Spearing are not good enough...

agreed

i listened to the match on the radio yesterday and i have to admit i heard carrolls name mentioned more in the 10mins he was on the field than i did borini in the whole 2nd half. im convinced carroll will come good and do a great job if he is given a run of games