You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

------------------Reina----------------

Johnson----Skrtel---Agger----Enrique

------------Lucas---------------

----Downing----Allen------

--------Gerrard------------

---Suarez----Borini--------

yeah I'd go with my interpretation of a 4-3-3. Gerrard to play closer to the attackers in this one. Carroll to play some part maybe in the last 20 mins.

That looks far too narrow for me.

Can't belive the new season is here already! I was sick of football after finishing 8th and Kenny was sacked. Even considered to stop watching football altogether. Now, after two months of abstinence, I'm suddenly as exited as ever! Proper junkie behaviour.

Come on red men!

We have a fucking mental start to the season with City, Arsenal, Sunderland and Utd after this. So 3 points feel very important today.

What's this about Enrique not starting ?

Just a guess or he he out for whatever reason ?

Lucas, Allen and Gerrard in midfield, Borini, Suarez and Downing up front would be my bet.

We have a fucking mental start to the season with City, Arsenal, Sunderland and Utd after this. So 3 points feel very important today.

What's this about Enrique not starting ?

Just a guess or he he out for whatever reason ?

Lucas, Allen and Gerrard in midfield, Borini, Suarez and Downing up front would be my bet.

It's going by the bibs players wore in training.

Proved to be accurate for the uefa cup game.

How do we know Enrique's not starting?

If Enrique returns in the form he was in through the second half of last season, it's not a bad call to leave him out. There's a really good player there being hamstrung by appalling decision making.

Whoops - just read the posts above. Point still stands though.