You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No, we are not 'wank'.

We have better players than West Brom across the park, but they gave 100% and not all players did that. That's inexcusable, the fucking selflish wankers.

The two centre backs were a fucking liability all game, from the off, cocky pricks taking a touch too many every fucking time.

Rodgers needs to get a handle on this cancerous shitty culture of only putting a shift in when it suits them, and he needs to hammer it the fuck out of the club tonight.

Well done Allen, Lucas, Reina, Suarez.

The rest of them should be sent a gift-wrapped dvd of the game as a memento to remind them of that lovely day out they had in Albion in the Summer of 2012.

#

No. we are wank, and have been for 3 season... going on four.

If you were expecting Rodgers to come in, spend £30m and have us playing like fucking Spain from day one you're a gobshite.

What the fuck? Calling us wank after one game is pathetic.

Best fans in the world.

No i expect us to beat WBA who have gone through the same process as us.

Shouldn't we be beating WBA. I mean they are fucking shit and we are supposed to be good.

I watched the game and then went out to 'coach' the nipper. It was his first ever game and I've been dragged into being the assistant coach by virtue of being from England. Six years old. First game EVER was today. He scored five goals so I pulled him out because he was scoring at will.

Sign him up Brendan! The lad's name is Jacob Richards.

Switching to my beloved Liverpool, that wasn't very good today at all. I can pick holes in it as well as the next man but I will refrain and see if a football team starts to emerge in the coming weeks. Ideally we would have three points because there are much tougher games coming up. The only comment I will give (I can't help it, sorry) is that our two older scouse stalwarts need some thought. I don't know why Carra was preferred ahead of Coates, unless there was some circumstance I didn't know about. And I thought Stevie looked very rusty indeed. He seemed to give the ball away an awful lot. Much room for improvement all around.

No i expect us to beat WBA who have gone through the same process as us.

Shouldn't we be beating WBA. I mean they are fucking shit and we are supposed to be good.

Are we ? we've been shit ever since Rafa left with sporadic bits of good form here and there but in the main were shite , its fucking depressing but its true.

Agree with what Hansen said on MOTD though we all have to get behind Rodgers and give the bloke a chance , hes far from a wanker like Hodgson.

Firstly, the tags on this thread are an embarassment.

Secondly, we weren't great or even good today, but the game changed with the sending off. Before that, we looked ok and played some really good stuff. I personally wasn't expecting a perfect performance today at this stage in the Rodgers era and I think that I saw enough today to suggest that we will definitely improve with time.

Th worrying thing is the run of games we have got coming up. If we get a decent result against City next week, that could send us on our way. However, if we get beat, it could easily trigger a bit of a collapse.

Lets see the reaction from the players next week before casting too much judgement. For now, I'm putting today down as bad day at the office.

Perspective.

We finished 8th last year with 14 losses and 52 pts. We finished 6th the year before with 14 losses and 58 pts. We finished 7th the year before with 11 losses and 63 pts.

This is 1 loss. It's not all that bad... We can start having bad feelings when we get around 10 losses. (hopefully, we won't)

I just hope we never, ever, try that Kelly and Johnson combo again.

Kelly is not a full back, and Glen is not a left back.

And Shelvey and Sterling more than deserve a chance in the first team. Youth, determination, excitement, let's embrace it.

If City want to offer us £22m again for either Agger or Skrtel then we should snap their hand off and reinvest in the best possible goalscorer we can get, or another wizard like Suarez and then just use Borini/Carroll/Morgan as a number 9.

Rodgers should have carte Blanche to do what he wants, sell whoever he likes, drop whoever he likes.

Terrible start but it`s only one game I suppose. I`m just sick of us playing catch up from day one which we seem to do every year.

I`ve got no problems with the penalty decisions really but the capitulation after the sending off was shocking it should have been about six.

I wonder if all the transfer speculation got to Skrtel and Agger as they were both off their game today. Gerrard was very poor, his passing was terrible and too often rushed which was the case when he gave the ball away which led to the sending off.

Very early days but an awful lot of work to do.

Rodgers should have carte Blanche to do what he wants, sell whoever he likes, drop whoever he likes.

Name any manager of ours in recent years who's had that?

Rodgers is under pressure after one game. It's ludicrous. The fixture list has been far from kind and I don't think we're best prepared. It's far from an ideal situation.

There are plenty of other things to complain about, but Dowd was fucking wank today. Some of the decisions were shocking. Why the fuck did Suarez get booked for telling off the linesman from 50 yards away? Is he on some hit list now? Nobody ever gets booked for those.

Olsson (the dirty Swede with shit hair) should at least have been booked for his elbow on Suarez and the new Argentine fella should have been as well when he caught Stevie in a good shooting position (Stevie wouldn't have taken the shot of course because he hardly does anymore, though). Both happened in the first half and could have changed the game a bit.

And although he's probably right to send him off by the rules, Agger barely deserved a booking for that light push on Long.

Gera's goal was amazing unfortunately and we barely had anything to fight back with. It was particularly depressing to see the reaction to the second goal. Already then the players looked like they couldn't even give a shit about this game.

I was going to call it "a game of two halves" but it turned out to be 'a game of two decisions'.

I've said it so many times in the past: football is largely about mental attitude. That second penalty destroyed our mental toughness. If ever I felt that there was a genuine conspiracy against Liverpool from the top premier league referees, it was today. Suarez is a filthy racist, so lets give him a yellow, cos he got upset cos he was offside after being blatently fouled earlier; lets give West Brom a penalty after Long tackled Skrtel from behind and then tripped over him!! THE most disgusting decision in the recent history of the game.

We played a good first half, and the only difference between the two teams at half time, was a sensational 'one in a hundred' strike. Downing was going well on the right, crossing reasonably well (Carroll possibly should have started, synergising with those crosses, cos Borini really didn't get it together) Johnson was boss on the left wing. However, we were guilty of misplaced passes, and not from the usual suspects.

A note on Suarez:- Once again I felt his temperament let him down. When things go against him or the team in general, he has this tendency to get into a negative attitude, and it DOES affect his finishing and general play.

We were fucked over by appauling refereeing, and we never recovered. Sure, Agger was probably on balance going to get sent off, with a tackle like that under pressure, but even then, after Pepe saved the penalty, we had a chance to get back with ten men and the away support still strong.

I'm sorry to moan about this, and yes, maybe I'm paranoid, but is our club being victimised?? I for one, want answers to some extremely dubius refereeing decisions.

Perhaps there's a one-way slush fund between the Man Utd overdraft facility, and the Referee's Association.

Shocked and disgusted.

I was going to call it "a game of two halves" but it turned out to be 'a game of two decisions'.

I've said it so many times in the past: football is largely about mental attitude. That second penalty destroyed our mental toughness. If ever I felt that there was a genuine conspiracy against Liverpool from the top premier league referees, it was today. Suarez is a filthy racist, so lets give him a yellow, cos he got upset cos he was offside after being blatently fouled earlier; lets give West Brom a penalty after Long tackled Skrtel from behind and then tripped over him!! THE most disgusting decision in the recent history of the game.

We played a good first half, and the only difference between the two teams at half time, was a sensational 'one in a hundred' strike. Downing was going well on the right, crossing reasonably well (Carroll possibly should have started, synergising with those crosses, cos Borini really didn't get it together) Johnson was boss on the left wing. However, we were guilty of misplaced passes, and not from the usual suspects.

A note on Suarez:- Once again I felt his temperament let him down. When things go against him or the team in general, he has this tendency to get into a negative attitude, and it DOES affect his finishing and general play.

We were fucked over by appauling refereeing, and we never recovered. Sure, Agger was probably on balance going to get sent off, with a tackle like that under pressure, but even then, after Pepe saved the penalty, we had a chance to get back with ten men and the away support still strong.

I'm sorry to moan about this, and yes, maybe I'm paranoid, but is our club being victimised?? I for one, want answers to some extremely dubius refereeing decisions.

Perhaps there's a one-way slush fund between the Man Utd overdraft facility, and the Referee's Association.

Shocked and disgusted.

I have to admit I agree about the second. Today I've seen people try to say Skrtel's was a penalty which I think is insane. I think anyone that can't see Shane Long basically kicked himself into a penalty must have never played football or even properly watched it.

It was never a penalty. Agger's probably was, though a case could be made for it being outside the box. At the end of the day though it was always going to then end up red.

Agree with all your post apart from Downing, he was just his usual self for me. Just far far from good enough and hes giving nothing a youth player wouldn't give. Or why not stick Gerrard there and play Shelvey where Gerrard is.

Back to the point about the refs, its never going to end till we do something about it. Playing nice is getting us nowhere. We simply have to start making life difficult for them the way other managers do. It will help us.

Rodgers is under pressure after one game. It's ludicrous. The fixture list has been far from kind and I don't think we're best prepared. It's far from an ideal situation.

To be honest he's been under pressure since he was appointed and how laughable is that :whatever:

West Bromwich is kind. Anything at Anfield is kind. Preparation is up to Rodgers. He can make it ideal if he has it in him.

The first half was just fine, however everyone seemed nervous. Then we got stupid fouls and bad subs and lost it. The players and the manager can share this defeat, equally.

Not long found out the result, is it worth finding a d/l later or not? I know 3-0 is terrible but anything to be positive about?

The majority of the first half was a bit like last season (in terms of flow of the game not style), we played well for most of it, created some good chances that didn't get finished and then we got hit by a wonder strike from Gera.

Second half can be thrown out the window, the shit just kept piling up and it all went downhill.

West Bromwich is kind. Anything at Anfield is kind. Preparation is up to Rodgers. He can make it ideal if he has it in him.

The first half was just fine, however everyone seemed nervous. Then we got stupid fouls and bad subs and lost it. The players and the manager can share this defeat, equally.

I thought our approach was naive. Especially after going a goal down. Maybe I'm still caught in the Benitez school of thought but I'd have been happy with a point. Establish a firmer footing going into a tricky few weeks of games. Our problems from last season wont disappear overnight. We're not clinical enough in front of goal. Get the defence sorted and go from there. City at home has not always been a kind fixture to us, even before the Sheikh arrived. Same goes with Arsenal.

The manager could well be under the cosh very early on. Nothing he cannot recover from but still, it's not ideal.

Not long found out the result, is it worth finding a d/l later or not? I know 3-0 is terrible but anything to be positive about?

At the risk of being ridiculed, having given the 2nd half a bit more afterthought, yes, there is indeed a positive to take away.

There could well be a place for Andy Carroll in Rodgers' starting eleven. He came on for 20 minutes, and pretty much played centre half!! He's big, hard to get past, can pass well enough on the ground, and can get up the field to nod headers.

He could be our replacement for Big Sami !!