You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

First goal in games is key obviously! That was a 1 in 50 or 1 in a 100 shot that flew in the top corner from Gera, Johnson put him under a lot of pressure too. Obviously extremely disappointing reaction to that goal, but it's our first game with new players and new manager trying to play a different style of football. I hate football and the reaction to results like this.

Played well until they scored, had our chances, needed to take one really, worrying that Suarez started this season like last season missing too much, still love him though. Meh, I can't be arsed thinking about it, hope we get our confidence back soon enough and we'll look like a decent team I hope.

So Agger's just out for one match then. That's good. Thought it was 3. Shame that one game is against the best attacking side in the country. Both penalties were soft as fuck. You sometimes get a ref give one like that but 2 within a couple of minutes of each other? There would be mass outrage in the media if Suarez had gone down as easily on so many occasions as Long today. He miscontrolled the ball just outside the box and fell over and got a freekick about 5 minutes into the match and that just seemed to set the tone for his whole performance. Dowd was fucking appalling. Compare that to him giving Brown the benefit of the doubt at Anfield against Sunderland on the opening day of the season because he didn't want to end the game as a contest so early on.

Didn't learn anything new today that we didn't already know coming into this season. We need someone who can score goals. A poacher, a striker, call it what you want. But we need to finish our chances. WBA had a shot on goal in the first half, which they converted. They had two pens, one converted (no matter how dubious we think those penalties were) and a debut goal from a loan player. They took advantage of us being a man down. We didn't take advantage of our opportunities.

I hope Rodgers picks his team up and gets them ready for what could be a tough week with the EL away and then City at home. I'm not ready to get the knives out for him just yet.

Dowd is a fat fucking imbecile. It's a mystery he's still allowed onto the pitch.

Felt like everything went against us today. God damn goal of the season contender on the brink of half time. A red card and two penalties against us in the space of two minutes.

Positives for me were Allen and Johnson. Allen took responsibility, nearly always made the right call with the ball even though we lost i thought he had an encouraging debut. Suppose you cant blame Reina for any of their goals either, and he saved a penalty.

Gerrard had one of the worst games i can remember, but he's forgiven by default.

I'm not goin to panic just yet. We played up until their goal and we should've been ahead. Which leads me to my next point. We are crying out for a real predator, a cool finisher in the box, because as fantastic a player Luis Suarez maybe, hes a scorer of great goals, not a great goal scorer.

It's going to take time, we can't throw money around like drunken sailors, we are still paying the price for the previous regime, we are still examining all options for a stadium and we will only spend what we earn. Champions league football is a must. Our season starts now, we must learn from our mistakes, we have a new philosophy and system, Blah blah blah. I feel like Bill Murray in groundhog day.

but it's our first game with new players and new manager trying to play a different style of football. I hate football and the reaction to results like this.

I really hope people stop making fucking shithouse excuses like this.

Do people not follow the world of football?

WBA have changed as much as us from last season, if not more.

I really hope people stop making fucking shithouse excuses like this.

Do people not follow the world of football?

WBA have changed as much as us from last season, if not more.

How do you work that one out? One new player in that starting XI, and pretty much same style,long high balls out wide for the strikers to chase,extremely compact defensive set-up,very much a Hodgson performance

How do you work that one out? One new player in that starting XI, and pretty much same style,long high balls out wide for the strikers to chase,extremely compact defensive set-up,very much a Hodgson performance

Very True. WBA have hardly changed at all.

Thank God Lucas is back. Clear how much we missed him shielding the defence

As for zonkocunt wishing an injury on our best player, Captain and Liverpool legend, I can only hope the same for you. Preferably one that hurts a lot. You fucking cunt.

Overall, a dismal start. Allen looked alright, but apart from that, we look a total shambles.

But what did anyone really expect from this season? We have a poor squad and if Sahin makes the (correct) choice to join Arsenal, we are even deeper in trouble.

What an embarrassing start for Rodgers. I can't recall a worse debut managerial result from a Liverpool manager in recent history. Although, one positive is that it will make the happy- clapping 'Rodgers is the new Shankly' spastics shut the fuck up in embarrassment for a while.

I listened to the game on 5 live They had Keown on the commentary. He was impressed with our play and said we were unlucky to be a goal down, even praising Suarez for his work rate although said he should have put us in front.

I switched off after the 2nd pen. Keown roasted Dowd for being on the half way line when he gave the 2nd pen against Skrtl

An interesting comment after half time was that we had a 88% pass completion rate in the 1st half, more than any side had all last season.

I'm gonna call this a freak result and pray that I'm right. We'll soon find out

I fucking hate posts like this.

WBA have a new manager, a new system and new players.

Just like us.

We are wank.

If you were expecting Rodgers to come in, spend £30m and have us playing like fucking Spain from day one you're a gobshite.

What the fuck? Calling us wank after one game is pathetic.

Best fans in the world.

I think Suarez should be moved out wide. Play him on the left and bring in someone with some pace upfront. His finishing is erratic as has been mentioned but it would also mean Borini on the right and Downing out the side and hopefully fired out of a cannon somewhere, anywhere.