You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers: "There'll be more days like this." Maybe not quite like this, but it's a long journey, not a quick fix"

Rodgers: #LFC Its not Xbox its Real Football we need Time!.

i'm not up to speed on this twitter lark. Is that second quote actually from Rodgers as a tweet?

Said almost exactly the same mate, almost word for word infact. Including the lap top bit.

The utter inept shite served up by ref's in this country is beyond ridiculous now, but then again its been that way for at least 5 years now.

Ha yeah i bet theres a fair few things been broken this afternoon.

Thing is it just gets brushed aside and the ones like us who rightfully make a fuss about it are mostly ignored and told to stop moaning , no doubt Dowd will be out there next week waddling around the pitch blowing out of his arse all match and this week will just be forgotton , that was gross incompetance out there today he should be binned for that performance.

Problems:

Gerrard needs to be replaced ASAP - He needs to be a luxury player, a Giggs, a Scholes. Of course, I said this last season and was laughed at, but he's only declined since then, spending what little time he's had on the pitch as a relative non-entity. You maximise what his creaking body has left by using him sparingly and you actually end up getting a lot more than if he played every game.

I'm not convinced by Lucas' long-term viability following his injury. I stated in December that we should immediate look to purchase a player who could serve as his long time replacement, for cruciate injuries have an abnormally high chance of causing immediate, irreparable decline in any sportsman afflicted by it.

Clearly I was right insomuch as we went to pieces completely after his injury foisted the likes of Spearing upon us, but he looked sluggish today, not the player able to dart around and shield a defence exposed much more frequently than you'd expect. I would've had £20m on ice in December; Man City will tell us a lot about whether we need to bring that money out before August draws its last breath.

Suarez will never, ever be a finisher. It's just not his game; he would be capable of scoring a multitude of goals as part of a team in a weaker league where he's getting countless chances in every game, but he's not one to be relied on for goals. In truth, he's not a striker and needs to be told that he's not to shoot at goal unless it's the only option - he must always look for someone else.

We know how bad Downing is. We also no that Carragher is an appalling player in his current state, and not one who'd be anywhere near the first choice at another club in England's top two divisions. It is of great concern that he appears to be the third choice CB; like Hodgson, Rodgers is going to be close to finished if we lose to Man City and Sunderland so I'd say it's in his best interests to insist that the cheque book comes out. If that cannot happen, just fucking put Kelly or Coates in there.

Jamie's only crime is failing to resist the passing of time, but the natural decline brought on by age was always going to affect a last-ditch defender like him considerably more than a cerebral CB like Hyypia.

Edited by TheDrowningMan

I don't wanna read every single post, in this thread since i can almost imagine how it is anyway.

My opinion of the match, was that we started great, created several good opportunities, and had great variation in our play. Our central midfield looked good, and except Downing, i think the first 20 minutes our offence looked sharp, and we should have been at least a goal up.

From around 20 mins or so we lost tempo, lost the ball very quickly and failed to make even simple passes. We made it easy for WBA to defend, and we were lacking ideas in the final third.

Then Gera hit that wonderstrike wich goes in like 2/100 times, and so poor timing. Just before the break, where we could have adjust to there defence, but now we have a mountain to climb. WBA is not a bad football team, especially not defensively. So obv it was going to be difficult.

Again we started good. Had good pace in our attack, looked lively, and we created something.

But then we get a stupid red card, get two stupid penalties, and then ofc you lose. You can't expect to win games when you make these mistakes.

We were clearly the better team 11 v 11, but after the red card and 2-0 it was just embarrasing.

Nothing much more to say really. Suarez needs to scorer on some of those many chances he gets, or else we will never win any games, and our defence needs to make less mistakes. Our midfield looked dominating as expected, and Borini, and Suarez created lots of problems for WBA.

Before the sending off no one was bossing or dictating the game. Thought mulumbu and yacob were brilliant for WBA today.

Suarez should of scored all three chances for me, just worry that we are going to rely so much on him scoring our goals. I will be surprised if he scores more than 14 league goal this season. Then you have to look who will be ur 2nd top goal scorer and how many goals they will be behind Suarez.

Two awful pens, awful referring today from dowd. Ye refs make mistakes but the thing with dowd is he looks so arrogant and egotistical when he is giving a decision.

Joe fucking Cole.......did he do a full warm up? Because I don't see how u can tweak or pull your hamstring if you have done a full warm up and only being on the pitch for 5 mins.

Overall I think this would have been a 0-0 had we not had agger sent off, lots of work to be done and we really can't wait for results to happen, our fixtures in next few games are brutal, really need to grind out a few wins or we will be playing catch up very early on.

Joefucking Cole is a useless parasite and should be shipped out freeeeee! Downing should also go along with useless pony tail and buy someone who knows how to score goals. Brendan should seize on this last few days of the window and make the necessary sales and purchases. We've just gone from the frying pan into the fire on our performance today.

Before the sending off no one was bossing or dictating the game. Thought mulumbu and yacob were brilliant for WBA today.

Suarez should of scored all three chances for me, just worry that we are going to rely so much on him scoring our goals. I will be surprised if he scores more than 14 league goal this season. Then you have to look who will be ur 2nd top goal scorer and how many goals they will be behind Suarez.

Two awful pens, awful referring today from dowd. Ye refs make mistakes but the thing with dowd is he looks so arrogant and egotistical when he is giving a decision.

Joe fucking Cole.......did he do a full warm up? Because I don't see how u can tweak or pull your hamstring if you have done a full warm up and only being on the pitch for 5 mins.

Overall I think this would have been a 0-0 had we not had agger sent off, lots of work to be done and we really can't wait for results to happen, our fixtures in next few games are brutal, really need to grind out a few wins or we will be playing catch up very early on.

Except we were already behind when he was sent off.

Edit, is see you've spotted it

Edited by ROTOQ

Depressing to think we'll be without Agger for the next 3 games. Agree that there didn't seem to be any point bringing Carragher on when we were losing 1-0. The penalty hadn't even been taken at that point so there was a good chance we would be 2-0 down so it just seemed to be giving up on the game. Not that having Carragher on seemed to help the defence at all. Had to take a breather after the second penalty was given for the good of my computer and when I came back I started to wonder if we'd had someone else sent off while I was away. We didn't seem to ever have more than 2 people near their goal and yet were constantly looking wide open at the back. No excuse to get run ragged like that even with 10 men.

Rodgers: "There'll be more days like this." Maybe not quite like this, but it's a long journey, not a quick fix"

Rodgers: #LFC Its not Xbox its Real Football we need Time!.

Well, at least they won't be quite like this. Maybe. That's encouraging.

Seen many a game like today, where we look like we are having the better of the game but if you don't get the first goal when you are on top then it encourages these teams who we know that the likes of United, City, Spurs and the likes of Newcastle and Arsenal and maybe even Everton will collect 3 points from. To state the obvious we are in real need of a good finisher and are more than likely to have many more frustrating afternoons until we find one.

Guest San Don

Well, what a shocking performance that was. But enough about the ref! No seriously, if we are going to see red cards for a bit of a push in the box (3 game suspension for that!?) two pens when a player goes down like a sack of shit, all well and good but somehow, I dont think those standards will be applied to the majority of games.

If any one of Suarez, Borini, Gerard or Carroll etc had of gone down as easily as long did (twice?) they'd be called diving cheats by all and sundry.

What today shows is that united and a few others get the decisions (dot cotton at stoke anyone? should have been carded but got off with just a yellow.) that enables them to win titles. Does that mean we should get those decisions? No, it doesnt but, it does show its going to be ten times harder for us to win a title than them.

Dowd was fucking appalling with those decisions today. I look forward to him giving us the benefit of a red card and two pens in quick succession in any one of the games he refs at Anfield. Wont hold my breath though.

As regards the team, well I hope that shows the owners and others sacking the King wasnt the panacea they thought it would be. Not in anyway blaming Rodgers so dont anyone jumpt to that incorrect conclusion.

Im a little surprised we didnt try 3 at the back after Agger was carded plus leaving Carroll on the bench makes me question whether our Plan B of altering Plan A a little to make Plan A work really is a sound approach.

Its early days and we still need to put in a lot of hard work. The first 3 home games are suddenly looking a lot harder than they previously were though.

Things I learned today:

Things I was reminded of today:

1. Phil Dowd is a prick.

2. Downing? No.

That's it really because Dowd's lunacy made the game a joke in terms of being able to draw any sensible analysis from it. The first penalty call was dubious, there's no doubt that Agger's arm came across his back but I didn't see any kind of push and the sending off effectively killed the game. The second penalty decision was just a joke.

The only thing I would say is that Borini should be playing through the middle in the league in my opinion. He did put a couple of nice balls in but given that Suarez has skill in abundance and isn't the most reliable finisher, I expected him to be exploiting the wide areas - instead we went the other way round and it didn't work today.