You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

our defense was surprisingly comical. wonder how important clarke was to our defense. there were talks about how he had an important role for making us defensively solid last season.

also no agger for city,arsenal and sunderland.:wallbutt:

hope we really work on our finishing on training.

and downing hasnt changed a bit from last season - scared to run on defenders

Out-muscled, out-thought and out-paced by mitghty Albion! An opportunity for Brendan for a clear out; he has ten days to do so. Otherwise we are doomed. It's pathetic how this lot can call themselves professional with no passion, nor skill. We're really fucked if we don't get a goal scorer and a creative midfielder soon. And what was the point bringing on the useless pony tail for ten minutes? Even more worrying for me was Brendan standing there clueless much like Kenny in his last days.

Well, that was terrible.

I thought first half, we looked decent. Suarez was doing his nice footwork and was doing what he usually does, but he can't finish. Well, he can, but he misses way too many chances.

Downing was non-existant as per. He is way too predictible too. He can't use his right foot at all, so he has to cut in and then leaves it too late to get his shot in and gets tackled straight away. When he does try and use his right foot, it goes about 30 yards over the bar.

Gerrard didn't show up today either. His passing in the first half was dreadful and then in the second half, he barely done anything.

I thought Allen looked decent at times. Wasn't great, but certainly wasn't the worst player on the pitch. Borini was alright too. Brilliant ball into Suarez for the header in the second half.

I'm just hoping we get a new signing or two this week and bounce back on Sunday against City. We should have Enrique back, hopefully Sterling gets put on the bench at least and maybe one or two new guys available.

All in all, not the first game I was hoping for, but it's not the end of the world.

Shocking start to the season. Agger now suspended (3 games?), Cole injured after 5 minutes, near the bottom of the league and with a tough fixture list coming up. Think things are going to get worse before they get better.

Gerrard had a shocker, and I'm not sure how Borini is an £11M player on that performance. A lot of work for Rodgers to do.

Can't really blame the ref for that, he wasn't great but we were very poor especially in the second half. The 3 in midfield never really worked I don't think and we got a bit of a chasing. It doesn't help your cause when your two central defenders are making stupid mistakes right enough.

We need to get a bit of steel onto that pitch because we got bullied to fuck out there. What I wouldn't give for a Souness in our side. At least Andy put himself about a bit when he came on and looked like he gave a fuck that we were getting bummed by West Brom, the rest of them looked like they were still on holiday.

I dont even feel like drinking any more. Grim as fuck.

our defense was surprisingly comical. wonder how important clarke was to our defense. there were talks about how he had an important role for making us defensively solid last season.

also no agger for city,arsenal and sunderland.:wallbutt:

hope we really work on our finishing on training.

and downing hasnt changed a bit from last season - scared to run on defenders

It'll just be City, 1 match ban for a professional foul.

Rodgers must be feeling let down. As for Gerrard, he's a fecking England player in a Liverpool shirt. A manc captain would have been up Dowd's arse the whole match - Stevie couldn't be bothered. Absolute zero leadership.

One match doesn't make a season. The really troubling part was that apart from Luis nobody showed any passion at all.

Before the sending off no one was bossing or dictating the game. Thought mulumbu and yacob were brilliant for WBA today.

Suarez should of scored all three chances for me, just worry that we are going to rely so much on him scoring our goals. I will be surprised if he scores more than 14 league goal this season. Then you have to look who will be ur 2nd top goal scorer and how many goals they will be behind Suarez.

Two awful pens, awful referring today from dowd. Ye refs make mistakes but the thing with dowd is he looks so arrogant and egotistical when he is giving a decision.

Joe fucking Cole.......did he do a full warm up? Because I don't see how u can tweak or pull your hamstring if you have done a full warm up and only being on the pitch for 5 mins.

Overall I think this would have been a 0-0 had we not had agger sent off, lots of work to be done and we really can't wait for results to happen, our fixtures in next few games are brutal, really need to grind out a few wins or we will be playing catch up very early on.