You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What I would like to have is a short clip of the two situations that lead to the penalties and the one where that defender "blocks" Borini in their box. Just those three, without the resulting decision. Then I want to show that to my friends to find out if I need to see a crazy doctor for which one of these I consider to be the most blatant one.

Some of the decisions were shocking. Why the fuck did Suarez get booked for telling off the linesman from 50 yards away? Is he on some hit list now? Nobody ever gets booked for those.

What pissed me off about this the most is that Shane Long had a right go at that same lino less than 10 minutes later, from a few yards away, AND ended it with the same arm-waving show of disapproval... yet got nothing. Where is the consistency? if you're going to book people for ridiculous things then book them all, surely?

I really hope it's not a sign of things to come and Suarez doesnt become victimised (although it seems that ball has already started to roll).

We conceded two goals because we for some reason decided to give the West Brom players all the time and space possible just outside our box on corners, what kind of tactics is that?

The pens were both jokes, Agger hardly touched Long, people should try and see how much force its possible to get from a forward movement with the elbow like that, hardly any.

It wasn't all bad!

My Tandoori kebab was lovley, I made the right decision to wear shorts and we managed to get away with paying on the tram!

Can't be arsed reading through 18 pages of nonsensical whinging from the usual mensturalating cunts.

Each and every play who was away on international duty and late back was a pile of shite! At this moment it could be nothing more than teething problems.

That was about as bad as a performance as I've ever seen from us. Don't know what to make of it.

We need to sign hungry players keen to make a mark. They are available.

The growing list of cheap, effective,hitherto unheard of, bargain strikers, signing for other clubs, is starting to piss me off.

All we do is buy middling rubbish looking for a payday.

We are being bled dry by mediocrity everywhere.

We've hired Rodgers, do we have the balls to let him impose his "style" on the team?

Don't know why we're being linked with Butland though.

Bit worrying.

It wasn't all bad!

My Tandoori kebab was lovley, I made the right decision to wear shorts and we managed to get away with paying on the tram!

Can't be arsed reading through 18 pages of nonsensical whinging from the usual mensturalating cunts.

Each and every play who was away on international duty and late back was a pile of shite! At this moment it could be nothing more than teething problems.

Did you think the de-fence looked like they'd all been on the ale?

The growing list of cheap, effective,hitherto unheard of, bargain strikers, signing for other clubs, is starting to piss me off.

We've hired Rodgers, do we have the balls to let him impose his "style" on the team?

Bit worrying.

We need pace so bad it's painful to watch. A team knows we can't hurt it on the break, opposition fullbacks don't need to worry about being beat for pace, no pace in this league kills you. Oh and downing needs fucking off he is a non entity just looking at him pisses me off.

Did you think the de-fence looked like they'd all been on the ale?

I thought Johnson and Kelly were poor, Kelly particularly. Skrtel doesn't like playing with with Carragher, which I think has always been the case. Lucas was still not fully with it.

I think we went to peices when Agger got sent off which in all fairness isn't that surprising, on top of understanding a new way of playing, it was too much. We need two players in the short term, defensive midfield cover and another attacker/wide player.

Why do we hire managers who make things over complicated?

A striker who was played as a right midfielder,a left midfielder on the right and one of the best attacking midfielders in Europe as a defensive midfielder and when going down to ten men bringing on a defender and taking off an attacking player,it all seems so familiar.

If ever there was a need for a player like Carroll it was yesterday yet we have another manager who put his own need before the teams.

Let's also forget this crap about 'playing like Barcelona' rubbish and remember that only Barca can play that way and other teams like ourselves have to play to the strengths of the players we have available to us and make that work.

Yes,the referee was absolutely shite but we hardly had a strike at goal in the second half so we still have ourselves to blame and nobody else.

Are we ? we've been shit ever since Rafa left with sporadic bits of good form here and there but in the main were shite , its fucking depressing but its true.

Agree with what Hansen said on MOTD though we all have to get behind Rodgers and give the bloke a chance , hes far from a wanker like Hodgson.

Hansen called Hodgson a wanker?

A striker who was played as a right midfielder,a left midfielder on the right and one of the best attacking midfielders in Europe as a defensive midfielder.

What do you expect our managers to do? 4-4-2 with a big man and little man upfront?

A striker who was played as a right midfielder,a left midfielder on the right and one of the best attacking midfielders in Europe as a defensive midfielder and when going down to ten men bringing on a defender and taking off an attacking player,it all seems so familiar.

If ever there was a need for a player like Carroll it was yesterday yet we have another manager who put his own need before the teams.

Let's also forget this crap about 'playing like Barcelona' rubbish and remember that only Barca can play that way and other teams like ourselves have to play to the strengths of the players we have available to us and make that work.

Yes,the referee was absolutely shite but we hardly had a strike at goal in the second half so we still have ourselves to blame and nobody else.

I always remember when Ged bought Harry Kewell, the best left winger in the country at the time.

First game in a red shirt?

Right wing.

Ged said "i like him there".

Hardly touched?

So you mean he was touched.

Any push in the back when running at pace will knock you over.

We would have been screaming for a pen and a red card if it had happenned to Suarez.

And he would've been fucking booked for diving and a free out given.

Really disappointing result, especially with the fixtures we have coming up. I thought Rodgers looked a little shell-shocked in his interview afterwards, perhaps it has now dawned on him the scale of the task. It was easy to be sucked into optimism after playing the part-timers FC Gomel, but now the real football has begun and it's going to be a tough start to the season.

Thought Dowd was very poor and inconsistent. Suarez created the majority of our chances (for himself) and really needs to put one away. He has scored for fun for Uruguay and elsewhere he's played, just not sure what's happening here. He just needs to get that aspect of his game right here and he'll be unplayable. We clearly do need another front man whatever and that should be our priority (as it has been since the middle of last season!) especially if Carroll is not flavour of the month.

I'm not overly concerned about a first game of the season result as these tend to throw up freak results, but our capitulation in the second half was a little shocking. We need to get our shit together for next weekend. We'll beat Hearts, which will hopefully give us the platform to give City a game.

Really disappointing result, especially with the fixtures we have coming up. I thought Rodgers looked a little shell-shocked in his interview afterwards, perhaps it has now dawned on him the scale of the task. It was easy to be sucked into optimism after playing the part-timers FC Gomel, but now the real football has begun and it's going to be a tough start to the season.

Thought Dowd was very poor and inconsistent. Suarez created the majority of our chances (for himself) and really needs to put one away. He has scored for fun for Uruguay and elsewhere he's played, just not sure what's happening here. He just needs to get that aspect of his game right here and he'll be unplayable. We clearly do need another front man whatever and that should be our priority (as it has been since the middle of last season!) especially if Carroll is not flavour of the month.

I'm not overly concerned about a first game of the season result as these tend to throw up freak results, but our capitulation in the second half was a little shocking. We need to get our shit together for next weekend. We'll beat Hearts, which will hopefully give us the platform to give City a game.

Unless we improve about 500% in a week we will get smashed by city

Guest San Don

Er so who are they? Clint Dempsey and the like!?

So who are they!?

Bit worrying.

Oh, so he's not one of the growing list of cheap effective hitherto unheard ofs signing for other clubs we should be signing then?

Saw Rodgers pre-match interview and there was a suggestion that he thought we may struggle in first game. Talked about how we finish the league being more important than how we start (can't remember exact words) and made reference to Arsenal last season.