Quantcast
Wrestling thread - Page 70 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

13 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

The reactions are brilliant,  you hear Davey boy Smith say " fuckin el he's fell"

Yeah, they’re boss. 

“Who is this motherfucker?”

“He fell flat on his fucking arse”

The Stormtrooper helmet painted purple and covered in glitter is hilarious. It looks like something a 5 year old made.

5 of the 13 named on the card are now dead. 5 of the 9 non tag teams

Only say this as everytime I see the thread bumped I wonder who died

Has anybody been watching AEW on ITV?

I haven't watched a weekly wrestling show in years but am bang into this. At only 90 minutes a week it's not like trying to fit Raw and Smackdown into my week. 

Jericho is amazing as Le Champion, the cowardly, tantrum throwing heel, doling out comic promos every week.  Some really good young wrestlers, elements of luchadore and older experienced heads. A few Brits in there as well like PAC and Kip Sabien. It doesn't take itself too seriously which I love and is just pure entertainment. 

No boring, overlong segments, no weekly cuckoldry.  Tony Shiavoni and a sadly, slurring JR on commentary. They're all on ITV on demand and I'd recommend casuals,like me, give it a try. 

3 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

I had been following Being The Elite on youtube from before Cody joined them.

The evolution of AEW has been fun to watch. Their debut PPV had teething problems, but they seem to be learning as they go. It helps having passionate fans, whether that's sustainable will be a test for them. But AEW's humour has nicely aligned with the crowds and Jericho is endlessly watchable.

The Moxley vs Omega match is a particular highlight of mine. Moxley crawling through the glass was hard to watch.

On 15/12/2019 at 10:17, Paulie Dangerously said:

I haven't watched a weekly wrestling show in years but am bang into this. At only 90 minutes a week it's not like trying to fit Raw and Smackdown into my week. 

Jericho is amazing as Le Champion, the cowardly, tantrum throwing heel, doling out comic promos every week.  Some really good young wrestlers, elements of luchadore and older experienced heads. A few Brits in there as well like PAC and Kip Sabien. It doesn't take itself too seriously which I love and is just pure entertainment. 

No boring, overlong segments, no weekly cuckoldry.  Tony Shiavoni and a sadly, slurring JR on commentary. They're all on ITV on demand and I'd recommend casuals,like me, give it a try. 

Some of AEW is incredible; Jericho, in particular, but Coady and MJF.

But some of it is genuinely shockingly bad:

Terrible watch in places

Really hard onle to get to grips with. 

At the time you just though roid rage +problems and he snapped. The talk of his kid having a bad illness. 

Then the CTE reasoning came out and you thought he just snapped and lost his shit as CTE is prone to cause people to do. 

Then you hear what he actually did to his wife a d it was the next day before he killed his kid and then he sat around for a day or two before killing himself. That's not a blacked out moment of rage. He thought some of that shit through at least killing his son and himself. 

Weird weird shit

Its a great series

• Upvote 1