You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Attitude-esque promo. Cena would have fit in perfectly, back in the day, really great stuff.

Cena is hilarious whenever they let him say what he wants. It's the overly scripted promos that make he and others sound like cornballs. Reigns isn't the brightest but he's also better when he's given more freedom.

Thats clips had me watching clips and shoot video's all day in work

So resubscribed to WWE Network for a while and am planning to sit down and start a chronological rewatch of some of the WWE.

Going to start from 1996,catch just prior to the start of the attitude era.

Enjoying with rewatching the older stuff

Started with the first Rawin january1996

Some right corny shite and sales pitches for the WWF store

Triple H still Hunter Hurst Helmsley

Austin justing starting as the Million Dollar  champion the ringmaster 

Jerry Lawler full on heel commentator

The highs were higher in the Attitude Era, but I think the lows were lower as well. There is some really weird and disturbing shit they did back then that people forget. These days it's just very meh. It also doesn't help that wrestling used to be very mainstream back in the day, but now it's kind of seen as weird if you're a grown man and still a big fan. The perception of it is a lot worse.

Im watching just prior to the attitude era

I started to go off watching it when the ECW stuff started moving over to WWE

The thumbtacks and barbed wire etc really was not my thing at all.

I loved the attitude era as a whole as RAW pretty much became a soap opera with running storylines etc.

But i also loved it pre Monday night Wars when you see the old territory stuff and Ricky Steamboat/Flair etc just putting on clinics

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...