You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bret Hart's book is awful. He said it himself he wrote that when he was in a dark place.

He was certainly in a dark place, however, that's what made the read more appealing for me.

From what I remember, he said he'd kept a detailed diary throughout his career and this really showed with the level of detail that came through. One thing I kept finding myself doing straight after reading a chapter was to go on youtube and rewatch the bouts that i'd just read about.

What really stood out for me was that even though its 'fake' it was always geared towards whoever Vince felt was the glory boy and that was more of a kick in the balls for the wrestlers than what it would have been if the whole thing was 'real'. Yoou can bust a gut every night and ruin your body to stay on top, yet with one swipe of a pen your whole career can go down the shitter if someone has a better gimmic than you.

1991 - 1994 were great then there was Montreal and as a Hitman fan, felt cheated watching the Shawn Michaels show every week.

Then around 2000 I started watching, attitude era? it just went mental for a number of years. Bizarre stories like HHH shagging Kanes dead girlfriend? buried alive, hell in a cell, TLC, Fatal 4way matches, lesbians, pelvic thrusting insults. Brilliant television.

Regarding Undertaker & Montreal, everyone knew what VKM did was wrong, perhaps himself, he just had that 1% doubt that Bret would take the WWF(E) title to WCW,... and shat it

Yeah but nobody spoke up directly that's my point. 'Taker is well beyond holding back for fear of upsetting anybody.

Have you seen many documentaries?quite a few decent 1s out there too.

Attitude era was brilliant. Some very close to the bone(heehee) storylines

When shawn michaels kicked marty janneti through the barber shop window in brutus segment that was mental (this is what happened isnt it? or my memory cocked up)

remember watching it with my mate and we were proper shocked

oh yeah, that happened, circa 1992. They weren't "getting on" but Brutus (again ace name) got them to be pals again...then Shawn superkicked Marty, picked him up and threw his head threw the window. that next week the HBK era was born.

As commentator Bobby Heenan would say... "I just knew he was gonna do that".

I like the current product and I think I'm only one of the few people left who do!

Bryan, Punk, Lesnar, Ziggler, Rhodes, AJ and Barrett are all good performers in my opinion and MITB's match between Bryan and Punk is a potential match of the year, alongside Taker and Triple H from Wrestlemania.

I've also seen a lot of people mention 1995, which was the worst year for the business. Diesel as champion killed ratings and up until 1998, WCW was by far the better company.

For me, Undertaker walking out a coffin and attacking Ultimate Warrior, then putting him in a bodybag. Watched that at my Nans. She wasn't impressed.

Bizarrely, those 2 never had a PPV match did they? (not my nan!!, I mean warrior/ taker)

Didn't the Undertaker MK I put him in a coffin and not a bodybag on Paul Bearer's Funeral Parlour as well?

Randall Kieth Orton is the best Wrestler ever followed by Stone Cold Seve Austin the Shane Omac

I take it you are in your early 20s and missed the golden era of wrestling?

As great as the attitude era was for taking risks it's hard to look past the great days of true baby faces and heels.Always loved to see a heel win the fight dirty,back in the days of chair shots being a very rare event.

Mr Fuji throwing salt,Jerry the King Lawler and the knuckledusters down his rights or the Honky Tonk Man getting himself counted out to keep his title.

Great days

Randall Kieth Orton is the best Wrestler ever followed by Stone Cold Seve Austin the Shane Omac

[YOUTUBE]JkpzR5vVA9k[/YOUTUBE]

Best "wrestler" of all time is either Bret or Kurt Angle. However the best in the business of all time is Hulk Hogan, with honourable mentions to Stone Cold & The Rock.

No one can touch those three.

[YOUTUBE]JkpzR5vVA9k[/YOUTUBE]

Best "wrestler" of all time is either Bret or Kurt Angle. However the best in the business of all time is Hulk Hogan, with honourable mentions to Stone Cold & The Rock.

No one can touch those three.

Best at what?????

Very limited wrestler who was very lucky to have the new direction of a company hung on him by the visionary that is vinnie mac.

Great gimmick and it worked fantastically well

Guest The Big Green Bastard
Best at what?????

Very limited wrestler who was very lucky to have the new direction of a company hung on him by the visionary that is vinnie mac.

I reckon his exposure in Rocky III made him the force he was in the WWF.

Best at what?????

Biggest draw, headlined the first 9(?) Wrestlemania's and his heel turn was one of the greatest moments in wrestling history.

Yes he wasn't a great wrestler and he didn't put many people over but he is still the greatest of all time in my opinion.

Biggest draw, headlined the first 9(?) Wrestlemania's and his heel turn was one of the greatest moments in wrestling history.

Yes he wasn't a great wrestler and he didn't put many people over but he is still the greatest of all time in my opinion.

Wires crossed, my bad, apologies.

Hogan changed the face of wrestling, he was the poster boy of a new generation, the spearhead of a new era. He was huge. I loved him. I got goosebumps every time he returned to WWE, his music blasted out and the crowd popped.

He was the first wrestler i ever saw. He was the reason i was into wrestling in the first place.

When i see someone say best wrestlers(i take it literally) i expect to see the names, Perfect,Backlund,Flair,Angle,Owen,Benoit,Malenko,Bret,Kerry Von Erich,Michaels,Steamboat (quick list from top of my head)etc....

He is arguably the biggest superstar ever in wrestling would sit with me better if that makes sense.