You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

5 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Didn't he have massive brain damage? Not defending him but he was well liked at one point. That said so was dr Shipman 

He had the brain of a 80 year old alzhiemer patient according to one report I read. 

But if you read what he did I'm not sure that stands to much. 

Nancy Benoit died of strangulation sometime on Friday. Police found her tied up and wrapped in a towel in an upstairs bedroom. There was a bible next to her. Injuries to her back suggested that Benoit jammed one knee into her back while he was strangling her. Blood beneath her head indicated that she fought for her life, but officially no signs of a struggle were recorded.

Then the next day he drugged his son(7 years old) up with Xanax before suffocating him. 

Then somewhere between 24-48hrs later hung himself. After looking up the quickest way to do it by breaking your neck. 

To much of that's thought through for it to be just blamed on the CTE

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, ElishaScottBC said:

Good documentary on Vice about New Jack recently. Scary guy.

Aye, that's what prompted my post.

Did you watch their two parter on Benoit? I thought it was really good. I don't want to make excuses for the guy, but when they were describing his reaction to Eddie's death, my heart sank. Hugging another man's pillow and constantly crying in Eddie's gym is grief on a scale that just floors me.

The New Jack episode is unreal. When they show Jim Cornette the stabbing match for the first time and he's going mental - I live for shit like that.

9 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Aye, that's what prompted my post.

Did you watch their two parter on Benoit? I thought it was really good. I don't want to make excuses for the guy, but when they were describing his reaction to Eddie's death, my heart sank. Hugging another man's pillow and constantly crying in Eddie's gym is grief on a scale that just floors me.

The New Jack episode is unreal. When they show Jim Cornette the stabbing match for the first time and he's going mental - I live for shit like that.

Yeah the Benoit episodes were a hard watch. Tragic story. I found Regal's comments to be pretty hard hitting and disturbing.

Loved Cornette's death stare during this:

16 minutes ago, ElishaScottBC said:

Yeah the Benoit episodes were a hard watch. Tragic story. I found Regal's comments to be pretty hard hitting and disturbing.

Loved Cornette's death stare during this:

Cornette is wonderful. His podcast is outstanding, especially when he does deep dives on his booking. He explains psychology and storytelling at a level that always makes you want more.

I think you'll like this - https://mobile.twitter.com/theashleyray/status/1249919652676784133

On 28/03/2020 at 19:35, Lee909 said:

Also it shouldn't be forgot that Remmie is pro murder suicide as proved by his picking Benoit in the draft

Haha yes I picked him, shitcunt of a person to do what he did, I picked him on wrestling ability and he was clearly a great wrestler.

Butwotabout Tyson? Also a shitcunt of a person and a great boxer but not worthy of the ridiculous hype from people who don't really know boxing. Might scrape top 10 all time heavyweights.

The difference being that Tyson is overrated all over the shop, Benoit was perhaps underrated as a wrestler because he was shite on the mic and didn't have a good gimmick.

Both are probably victims themselves to an extent from a life of violence.

You've both (Lee and Bjornebye) called me out on my hypocrisy and it's fair enough really, when it comes to Tyson I've been called out before pointing out I wanted Mayweather to beat Pacquiao even though he's a woman beating prick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

British wrestling is currently being given then#metoo treatment on twitter. Dozens of accused, even more victims. Names like Ligero, Jimmyy Havoc, Velveteen Dream, Will Osprey, Joe Coffey, Mikey Whiplash and Del Rio flying about. 

El Ligero has been known as a dodgy twat for years, shagging young ring rats, I'm surprised WWE didn't know about it before they signed him. Was only a matter of time before it caught up with him.

• 3 weeks later...

On a more positive note, the Undertaker documentary series is being uploaded to Dailymotion.  Worth watching, all about his prep for his last match and how he allowed a crew all-access to him beforehand. But then the match was crap so it turns into a 3/4 year story of him chasing a final send-off worthy of his career.

Produced by WWE so polished and edited accordingly, but still genuinely interesting to hear all these guys talking about how the good matches propel them into the bad, which means they need to go for another good 'final' match.  Along with the family pressures and how, obviously, it becomes harder and harder to get in good enough shape.

3 minutes ago, Pidge said:

On a more positive note, the Undertaker documentary series is being uploaded to Dailymotion.  Worth watching, all about his prep for his last match and how he allowed a crew all-access to him beforehand. But then the match was crap so it turns into a 3/4 year story of him chasing a final send-off worthy of his career.

Produced by WWE so polished and edited accordingly, but still genuinely interesting to hear all these guys talking about how the good matches propel them into the bad, which means they need to go for another good 'final' match.  Along with the family pressures and how, obviously, it becomes harder and harder to get in good enough shape.

Yeah, it's a really good general sports documentary.

An icon trying to piece together how he should sign off as his body keeps decaying on him. Every bad  match demands an immediate fix and every good match deserves an encore.

Can't stay and can't leave, both at the same time.

• 4 weeks later...