You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

ATK Thread

Guest alantkayll

Compete? It's a discussion, not a competition!

You really are struggling with context and connotation, aren't you, Major? Is it an Enzed, English-as-a-second-language thing?

"Compete" is not the same word as "competition" and both have slightly different contexts and connotations in themselves as well. I think you've been watching too much 1500m-type competition lately.

But, if you insist... yes, I am thoroughly enjoying winning the discussion.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really are struggling with context and connotation, aren't you, Major? Is it an Enzed, English-as-a-second-language thing?

"Compete" is not the same word as "competition" and both have slightly different contexts and connotations in themselves as well. I think you've been watching too much 1500m-type competition lately.

But, if you insist... yes, I am thoroughly enjoying winning the discussion.

Well, this was certainly a confusing interaction. I'll look out for you in the future.

Well, this was certainly a confusing interaction. I'll look out for you in the future.

I'm not confused, Major.

Just enjoying myself, as Basil Fawlty once memorably said to his Mrs.

It is about having a bit of fun, isn't it, mate?

As long as it's not a racist joke, of course. :thumbup:

Bloody hell aws I just reread it and you are right it has been compared to a player who came through the ranks, ie Jamie. So take the transfer fee add wages and compare and contrast to academy product who didn't cost anything, my word how pathetically misleading....

Bascombe.

The Italian’s lucrative contract equates to around £6.5 million a year, an expense which has only been reduced in recent years thanks to loan deals. He spent last year at AC Milan and has also been loaned to Juventus in the past.

To put it into perspective, the £125,000 a week he is currently costing the Anfield club double what Anfield stalwart Jamie Carragher earns.

Which begs the question,who from the club "leaked/gave that info to Bascombe

I'm not confused, Major.

Just enjoying myself, as Basil Fawlty once memorably said to his Mrs.

It is about having a bit of fun, isn't it, mate?

As long as it's not a racist joke, of course. :thumbup:

Jesus, you actually think you're being quite clever here don't you? I actually think you're ok, Skaro but trust me when I say, you're not really coming across as clever at all. Just someone attempting to be clever who clearly can't quite pull it off.

I'll leave this thread now.

Jesus, you actually think you're being quite clever here don't you? I actually think you're ok, Skaro but trust me when I say, you're not really coming across as clever at all. Just someone attempting to be clever who clearly can't quite pull it off.

I'll leave this thread now.

You don't think I'm ok at all, Major.

Stop being so patronizing and disingenuous.

You clearly trust me as little as I, and others on here, trust you.

You're one of those who can dish it out, but can't take it.

It takes all kinds, I guess.

I'll even rep you for it.

See ya, maybe next time.

Its hardly the leaking of the Davinci Code is it Durango. Most journo's have written something along them lines. I don't think your bezzie Bascombe is the only one who knew this thats if he did.

So those journos all got their info from the same source within the club.

You trust the club/sources within the club to have stopped playing silly buggers?

Because I fucking don't.

Its hardly the leaking of the Davinci Code is it Durango. Most journo's have written something along them lines. I don't think your bezzie Bascombe is the only one who knew this thats if he did.

The point I was trying to make was, not concerning which Journalist leaked it,

but the club wanting it in the public domain

I would also like to say I have never voted or been a member of the BNP in my life, the thread was a wind up, but I can't argue because the quotes are there.

Have FSG been giving you lessons on PR?

What's your opinion of Ian Ayre? The same as it was a couple of years ago?

The point I was trying to make was, not concerning which Journalist leaked it,

but the club wanting it in the public domain

The club has been trying hard to spin stuff in the recent past. The efforts are so transparent and laughable they really should stop.

Does this kind of spin work for them over in America?

No idea. Don't follow any US sports.

And TBH I'm pretty sure this started before they took over. There was all sorts of bollox about Insua's wages until an italian team he was negotiating with let the cat out of the bag.

The other problem of course is that everyone in the chain spins it. Club spins it. Bascombe spins it a bit more. Atk spins it a bit more. Before you know it, it's all jackanory and hand-rubbing.

Bloody hell aws I just reread it and you are right it has been compared to a player who came through the ranks, ie Jamie. So take the transfer fee add wages and compare and contrast to academy product who didn't cost anything, my word how pathetically misleading....

Bascombe.

The Italian’s lucrative contract equates to around £6.5 million a year, an expense which has only been reduced in recent years thanks to loan deals. He spent last year at AC Milan and has also been loaned to Juventus in the past.

To put it into perspective, the £125,000 a week he is currently costing the Anfield club double what Anfield stalwart Jamie Carragher earns.

He definitely learnt that type of storytelling at the tabloids anyway. Really shitty way to spin a story to wind up the fan base. Mission accomplished though.