You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gaston Ramierz...

Redder Lurtz

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did you not find impressive?

He's good on the ball, good in the air, decent passer and finisher.

I think he loses the ball too much and Rodgers wants us to keep the ball.

He would get the ball last season for Bologna and try and dribble past players and he would often get tackled easily.

He does have a good touch, he can beat a player (but as I said more often than not doesn't), he is a decent passer - but if you are spending £15 million plus, we need better than decent.

I think he best attributes are his finishing as you say and he does have a very good free kick, as he showed in the Olympics.

But I think he will struggle with the pace of the league, if he was losing possession in Seria A he'll struggle more in this league.

He's decent, but we can do better IMO and I think Walcott is better and will give us what our attack lacks - pace, goals and assists.

I think he loses the ball too much and Rodgers wants us to keep the ball.

He would get the ball last season for Bologna and try and dribble past players and he would often get tackled easily.

He does have a good touch, he can beat a player (but as I said more often than not doesn't), he is a decent passer - but if you are spending £15 million plus, we need better than decent.

I think he best attributes are his finishing as you say and he does have a very good free kick, as he showed in the Olympics.

But I think he will struggle with the pace of the league, if he was losing possession in Seria A he'll struggle more in this league.

He's decent, but we can do better IMO and I think Walcott is better and will give us what our attack lacks - pace, goals and assists.

Fair enough.

I think that sometimes skillful players look and perform a lot better in England than in more technical leagues. I don't think anyone thought Suarez would be able to rip the piss out of defenders quite as easily as he does for example, even though people knew he was a good player. The same could be said for Zola, Cantona, Bergkamp, Torres, Silva etc, etc.

I think this might be the case for Ramirez.

The Ramirez rumours are coming from caught offside website. That site is worse than Twitter. Don't hold your breath lads.

This Is Anfield ‏@thisisanfield

Reports tonight that LFC have had an £18m bid for Gaston Ramirez accepted and the Uruguayan is due on Merseyside tomorrow for a medical.

Someone posted that earlier...

Guest San Don

sly sports are saying southampton's bid of just under £12m has been accepted. They arent saying the player has agreed to move.

TBH, I cannot see him moving to Southampton given his wage demands appear to have been a stumbling block wih us and one or two other clubs.

Im also skeptical of the fee being quoted (under £12m) when rumours of £18m being wanted.

15m euros agreed, four year contract, 2m euros "net" (after taxes?) per season plus 1million signing fee.

He flies to England today to pass his medical and finalise the deal.

Corriere dello sport report quotes from the player, saying that he agreed personal terms and he's leaving to Southampton.

Ramirez al Southampton. Bologna, giusto cederlo?

@OliverKayTimes: RT @tancredipalmeri: Gaston Ramirez joins Southampton for around 19m €: 13m € to Bologna, 6m € to Penarol

15m euros agreed, four year contract, 2m euros "net" (after taxes?) per season plus 1million signing fee.

He flies to England today to pass his medical and finalise the deal.

Corriere dello sport report quotes from the player, saying that he agreed personal terms and he's leaving to Southampton.

Ramirez al Southampton. Bologna, giusto cederlo?

This is the same Southampton who've gone through administration and dropped down to the third division ('League 1') since they were last in the Premier League and spending money like a drunken sailor on shore leave?

He can fuck off then.

Wants to be a big fish in a small pond, let him.

What he's failed to grasp is that this is probably one of the last windows where players will go for big fee's. Sure he may do well and Southampton decide to cash in a few years down the line, who's gonna cough up the 20-30M they want?

Not a fucking soul as FFP or some variant of it will have kicked in and any profit they make will be minimal.