You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Domestic Cup double "still not enough" to save Kenny says Henry

silverlining

Just like I did... erm, never.

he was talking about redderz.

he forgot about dre.

as much as I loved being back at wembley , nothing for me beats the champions league anthem before a big game at anfield. and signing big name players.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I liked having days out to wembley... I'd like to see us in champs league when weve won this fucking league!

It's a lot easier to win the league if first of all you are playing CL football.

Top four = better players through money and stature whether people like it or not.

Who incidentally were the last team to win the League without finishing in the top 4 the year before?

Barring a miracle it's going to be a gradual progression.

? so they'd replace chelsea for years on end would they? going foward of course...

Obviously not as Chelsea having already been in the CL for years and having won the league in previous years were already where Spurs were trying to get.

Had Chelsea not won the CL and thus qualified for it, they wouldn't be able to call Eden Hazard their player.

Cause and effect.

There seems to be a direct link between those who prefer us to compete for League Cup trophies and those who don't want us to spend speculatively to help improve the club. Small mindedness is rife in these parts. Lets just hope the owners and Rodgers don't have the same attitude or we'll become Aston Villa for good.

The league cup get get fucked if it means we'll get back to regular top 4 spots and are competing for the league and in the CL.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I prefer being with scouser's singing liverpool songs.

"We won it five times,

We won it five tiiiiiiimes,

but wanted the league cup instead

Oh well, never mind"

"We are the champions,

Champions of Europe. Unfortunately"

"A Liverbird upon my chest

We are the men of Shankly's best

A team that doesn't play the Liverpool way

And wins the league cup in Feb'u'ry"

"We are the champions, champions of the reserve sides in the league cup"

"Fuck off, Chelsea FC,

You ain't got no history

8 leagues cups, that's what we call history"

"we shall not, we shall not be moved.

We shall not, we shall not be moved!

We're the team that's gonna win the league cup (AGAIN!)

We shall not be moved"

You get the idea with that.

no I'm saying I couldn't give a shit about the champs league music being played!

I could. How can you not stand in the city of your birth at the home of the club that carry your name and not feel immense pride at the sound that indicates your club is in the greatest club cup competition in the world?

Still get the goosepimples thinking about the great nights I've been in Anfield and heard this sound.

[YOUTUBE]zbTzxbyjvxY[/YOUTUBE]

It's about opinions and some people still want the best for our great club and remember when it was run properly by football people.

Have you got your LFC Boston scarf yet.

What does that mean? When was the last time we were run by "Football people" and who were they? Are Arsenal run by "Football people" - what have they won for the last 7/8 seasons?

It was the wasting money on shit players, that was the problem they had with him. They don't want to see the money wasted on shit.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I get the idea you're a knobrot yes. have I said Lc over the league or any over trophy? NO have I said trophies over constant 4th and 3rd place spots YES.

I was 'aving a joke. Yer Strap-on, ye.

But look, we're not going to get major trophies in the long run unless we're consistently in the top competition. It's just not going to happen. It's how you build a top side.

It symbolise knobheads that think the league and european footy started in the 90's.. if that makes you hard and not quim then fuck off you (probably noggy, and not the nogga dogz) queg fuck

did you morph into a pissed rapping duck half way through there? what the fuck was that?!

and no it doesn't. are you a taxi driver round wavertree by any chance?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
NO these days money builds you a side!

Sure it does, but when you've not got an owner with bags of cash (although, we do, actually), you need to generate that money by being in the most profitable competition in the sport. Sponsors, TV money, Prize money, the Champions League is where the money is for that. Then we can both afford and attract the sorts of players we'll need to win the league and European Cup consistently.

It symbolise knobheads that think the league and european footy started in the 90's.. if that makes you hard and not quim then fuck off you (probably noggy, and not the nogga dogz) queg fuck

Tiresome argument, what it actually symoblises is the coronation of the Champions of Europe which is why it was taken from Handel's Zadok the Priest which is adapted from the bible reference about the crowning of Solomon which has been used to anoint every king/queen in this country since 1727.

Sorry if that's not scouse enough though la.

For me, that piece of music played at Anfield symbolises that we're in the best club competition on the planet, that we are challenging for top honours and that we're in with a shout of signing some of the best players in the game.

If you prefer 'Poor Scouser Tommy' at Wembley in February with a scrappy League Cup win and waving our little three handled trophy at the likes of Arsenal and the Mancs who haven't finished outside the top four in fucking donkeys years then good luck to you. Personally I'd prefer to be a properly successful club.

What does that mean? When was the last time we were run by "Football people" and who were they? Are Arsenal run by "Football people" - what have they won for the last 7/8 seasons?

John Smith And Peter Robinson - You must remember them.

Are you suggesting that they were not interested in money? You do realise we were the first team in England to have shirt sponsors don't you?

Personally I would rather we challenged for trophies and finished in the top four, you know like Arsenal, United, Chelsea and City tend to do! Like we used to do not so long ago.

If you haven't won a trophy for 5 years I can totally understand winning the Littlewoods cup and focussing on the FA cup over 4th, but we have done that now, long term we need to challenge for the champions league spot and trophies.

And the most succesful aswell.

That wasn't your point though was it? And it is not what you are arguing now, otherwise you wouldn't be arguing for or against how they run the club, just that it is successful.

Interestingly, we were also one of the last clubs to have Corporate Boxes! Which suggests they became complacent and lacked long term business acumen.