You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What a load of shite. United are masters of marketing and sponsorships, it's the reason that, despite being in massive amounts of debt, they can still spend out on top players year after year.

If people want to compete, suck it up. Different priorities. Yeah, those benevolent Glazers. FFS

David Conn ‏@david_conn

Always puzzling when Sir Alex Ferguson praises the Glazers, to work out if he actually realises they have drained £550m from his club.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not totally convinced we need massive investment in the playing squad to take the club forward. If you look at our 15 most expensive signings of all time roughly half of them have been duds who can't hold a torch to the contribution made by the likes of Gerrard, Carragher, Fowler, Hyppia, Arbeloa and other similar players who cost little or nothing.

Finding players that can provide the qualities our squad lacks at the right prices is the name of the game. Newcastle have shown the progress that can be made with proper scouting so hopefully we can have similar success.

I am convinced that, at a minimum, Reina, Johnson, Kelly, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Shelvey, Suarez and Borini are all capable of playing the style of football that Rodgers wants so it is only a matter of supplementing that group with a few astute additions.

If,and it's big if,those players are prepared to stick it out while we go through seasons of slow improvement.

Guest davelfc
It will cost them another 5 mill when they tell him to fuck off in a few months.

Mr Dodd Jnr, they're hardly likely to show their own man the door after a few months. And I cannot think of a Liverpool fan that would actually want that to happen, some manc pricks and bluenose cunts maybe.

Mr Dodd Jnr, they're hardly likely to show their own man the door after a few months. And I cannot think of a Liverpool fan that would actually want that to happen, some manc pricks and bluenose cunts maybe.

I'm not happy with his appointment at all mate.

I hope you had some Salad with your meal and swilled it down with plenty of ale.

I think a lot of people who say they don't want a 'Sugar Daddy' but moan at the first opportuinity are actually lying or at least deceiving themselves.

Even If FSG invested £40-50m of their own money every season we'd still not be able to compete with Chelsea or City.

Apart from the stadium I don't think we could have expected a great deal more from them tbh.

After the last two, people have every right to be skeptical but I still think its way to early to be making concrete judgements either way.

Its a horrible modern day football thought that throwing money at a problem is the only way to sort it. Fuck hard work, good coaching and a better tactical approach..... the only way to improve is to spend money & lots of it. We spent a lot of money on players in the last 18 months & look where that got us. We've spent hundreds of millions of pounds in the last two decades and with the exception of a few individuals our best players have come through the youth system.

Guest davelfc

I don't want a 'sugar daddy' I just want them to stop the ones with the 'sugar daddies' from fucking up the game. I know they won't, money talks.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
With a heavy heart you showed no faith in his judgement from day one.

For somebody who constantly declares himself to be on a higher level of debate than others, you've got a serious problem with comprehension.

Are you now defending the Glazers?

QED.

For somebody who constantly declares himself to be on a higher level of debate than others, you've got a serious problem with comprehension.

QED.

What am i failing to comprehend? Did you show any faith in Dalglish's ideas or did you piss and moan on an internet forum for months on end telling everyone how instead we should be signing the likes of Juan Mata?

Did you miss the quote from David Conn?

David Conn ‏@david_conn

Always puzzling when Sir Alex Ferguson praises the Glazers, to work out if he actually realises they have drained £550m from his club.

trollol

I don't want a 'sugar daddy' I just want them to stop the ones with the 'sugar daddies' from fucking up the game. I know they won't, money talks.

Only regulations can do that. TBH i'd ignore transfer fees and concentrate on limiting wage bills (including bonuses) to a certain percentage of income.

Guest davelfc
Only regulations can do that. TBH i'd ignore transfer fees and concentrate on limiting wage bills (including bonuses) to a certain percentage of income.

While there's money flying around like it is and corrupt institutions like UEFA and FIFA nothing will be done. I agree wage bills would be a good idea, but it just won't happen.

FFP will be a white elephant, they've already watered it down and I expect them to continue to do that.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
What am i failing to comprehend? Did you show any faith in Dalglish's ideas or did you piss and moan on an internet forum for months on end telling everyone how instead we should be signing the likes of Juan Mata?

You're dumbing down again; simple words to pacify simple minds. Juan Mata was just one option I gave. Can't get him for whatever reason? Fine, move on to the next option. For me, that's far more sensible that attempting to 'believe' Downing into greatness. How much blind faith is required for Downing to get 5 assists? You seem to have a lot of it, but it didn't make any difference.

I still supported Kenny, but just didn't agree with his signings. It was, as I keep saying and you continually fail to understand, his vision for the future of the team which made me lack belief. Rodgers clearly sees the problems and looks to be attempting to fix it. That's a good enough start for me to get behind it.

Did you miss the quote from David Conn?

David Conn ‏@david_conn

trollol

Erm, no, I didn't miss it. I just don't see how it's in any way relevant to what I said. I see how it's relevant to what you think I said, but I've no real interest in that.

Attempting to believe Downing into greatness, haha what the fuck is that.

Huge gaps in your thinking have got you swinging from one extreme to another.

How's about waiting and seeing what Dalglish could do with these players? Acknowledging the improvement of a number of players since his return and taking faith from that? Blind faith? That's what many would describe as your views towards the owners and the new manager. Really don't want to know your view on Ian Ayre.

It sounded very much like praise you were dishing out earlier for the Glazers. 'They can still spend out' you said despite those huge debts. Imagine if they hadn't have drained the club of over half a billion.

These little details seem to get in the way of most of what you're trying to say and then you accuse others of 'dumbing down again.'

You're a troll.

Guest davelfc
He has done fuck all in the game to convince me he is good enough to manage Liverpool.

What a struggling mid table team, some might say he's too good. :whistle:

What a struggling mid table team, some might say he's too good. :whistle:

If were a struggling mid table team, Kenny would still be in a job,

Expectations were for CL football,we never got it,

that's why Kenny got sacked

What's your idea of progress for next season?

Yes, but also failed miserably in this league with Chelsea. I can see the reasons they avoided Villas Boas, though I would have been happy enough with him.

Chelsea were 3 points behind Arsenal in 4th when he got sacked and they were still in the CL and FA Cup.

Guest davelfc
If were a struggling mid table team, Kenny would still be in a job,

Expectations were for CL football,we never got it,

that's why Kenny got sacked

What's your idea of progress for next season?

I'm not even giving the coming season much thought. I'm far more concerned that we keep our best players, ditch the overpaid shite and get some decent players in to improve us.

For me the season could go any way, but let's see what happens to our squad in the next few weeks.

Blaze.jpg

"Hello, and welcome to The Lifestyles of the Disgustingly Rich and Famous. Tonight we will be looking at the world's your-only-as-young-as-the-woman-you-feel football billionare, Mr. John W'LFC' Henry.

Behind me, Mr. Henry's Boston mansion; he had the whole building transported brick by brick from half a mile down the road just to get away from the neighbours. Now that's the kind of cash that opens anybody's legs!

The gravel in his drive came from Buckingham Palace. John bought Buck Palace and had it ground down just to line his drive. This man has a wad so thick you could use it to beat Neil Ruddock to death.

He calls his home Xanadu, not in reference to the famous movie Citizen Kane, but as a tribute to the hit single by Dave, Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick, and Tish.

But John has musical aspirations of his own. Only last year his first single, We're In The Money, shot to No. 1 when he personally purchased three million copies. You'll never be short of an ashtray in his house.

Like many people who appear to have everything, John's life has been tinged with tragedy. Well, actually it hasn't, but we can only hope."