You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

9 minutes ago, mattyq said:

My fuckng knee has exploded. I can barely walk and sleep has been non existent. Have decided to get badly pissed and see whay happens.

The pain is much better but I can't speak so well or function ;ile a normal human being

Swings & roundabouts

You’re in the best place under such conditions 

I have arthritis that’s getting progressively worse. It mainly effects my shoulder, hands, knees, ankles and feet.

The flair ups in my ankles and feet can be agonising. Apparently it’s not gout but I’m not so sure that was an accurate diagnosis. There’s definitely a stress element to it though, worst attacks often happen when I’ve been wound up for a period.

Hurts so bad I can’t stand to have the quilt on it and can’t walk at all some days. I keep some crutches under the bed so I can get to the toilet.

It’s there all the time but the worst attacks last a few days then I’m mostly ok again.  

Runs in the family but I seem to be getting it particularly badly. Probably karma. 

On 04/09/2020 at 18:03, YorkshireRed said:

I have arthritis that’s getting progressively worse. It mainly effects my shoulder, hands, knees, ankles and feet.

The flair ups in my ankles and feet can be agonising. Apparently it’s not gout but I’m not so sure that was an accurate diagnosis. There’s definitely a stress element to it though, worst attacks often happen when I’ve been wound up for a period.

Hurts so bad I can’t stand to have the quilt on it and can’t walk at all some days. I keep some crutches under the bed so I can get to the toilet.

It’s there all the time but the worst attacks last a few days then I’m mostly ok again.  

Runs in the family but I seem to be getting it particularly badly. Probably karma. 

At least it’s stopped running in the family now. 

• Upvote 1

Not likely to interest many but i have found this quite interesting and plan to try out the diet and see if it works for blood sugar and insulin sensitivity. My sensitivity to insulin has got worse and its started leading to a shitty cycle of needing more insulin,meaning you end up putting on more weight and the more weight then leads to needing more insulin and worse sensitivity to insulin. Watched a podcast with two guys(https://www.masteringdiabetes.org/team/) who are both type 1 diabetics and have been looking into the science behind it. The general advice from doctors varies from a balanced diet to low carb high fat. I tried the later and while it started to improve my results i really didn't feel good alot of the time. Anyway one of them was studying old papers on diabetes while studying for his PHD in nutritional biochemistry and read a paper that when they lad was preparing mice for some experiments they fed them a high fat diet and the mice became a T2 diabetic and there insulin sensitivity got worse, so why are you telling diabetics to eat high fat when it makes insulin useless and you needing more. Im not really into conspiracy theories but you do have to wonder with the links between big pharma and doctors if its a case of the treatment being more profitable than cure/improvement.  I have bought the book and plan on trying their ideas. If anyone is interested in the results if they know a diabetic let me know and ill update in a few weeks. 

• 3 weeks later...

Something has bitten the top of my leg & all up my side, it's sore as fuck. Must've got me in my sleep. Anybody seen anything like this before...

20201001_195451.jpg

I accidentally brushed it against an arm rest as I sat down today & it was one of the most painful things I've ever experienced.

It looks like a fucking vampire bite

Or maybe a diseased rat

Lots of Sudocrem and if it hasn't gone in 4 days give the doc a call as it might have gone sceptic 

I was bitten by some random insect and ignored the fucker and it went sceptic quite badly which wasn't very pleasant

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, mattyq said:

It looks like a fucking vampire bite

Or maybe a diseased rat

Lots of Sudocrem and if it hasn't gone in 4 days give the doc a call as it might have gone sceptic 

I was bitten by some random insect and ignored the fucker and it went sceptic quite badly which wasn't very pleasant

Aye, it seems to be getting worse.

I'm not registered with a doctor at the moment so will need to get that sorted today.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Involved in a hit and run on the way home from work, I was cycling and a white van dickhead cut across me on a roundabout.

Multiple elbow fractures and on in the humerus.

When the fuck does the pain stop???

Fuck mate glad its not too bad! 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Involved in a hit and run on the way home from work, I was cycling and a white van dickhead cut across me on a roundabout.

Multiple elbow fractures and one in the humerus.

Sounds fucking horrible mate. Is it your wanking arm?

27 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Multiple elbow fractures and one in the humerus.

Do you have any witnesses/footage etc?

Get to a solicitors pronto.

9 minutes ago, Elite said:

Do you have any witnesses/footage etc?

Get to a solicitors pronto.

No idea, was in shock so tried to walk it off and told the bystanders I’m fine and not to worry. It was about 10 minutes later I realised how bad it was.

There should be cctv, it’s on a pretty big roundabout in London. 

• Upvote 1