Quantcast
The Ailment thread - Page 82 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

1 hour ago, arthur friedenreich said:

had the new kidney in 24 hours, filtration rate has gone from 10% to 36% had 45 minutes kip overnight but feels sharper than I have in a good few years.

Good luck with getting sorted KMD7, you will feel fuckloads better.

It's hard going on the donor though, me da looks a fair bit fucked, but he should start to improve from tomorrow. 

I was up and did a lap of the floor this morning, sore as fuck, but the medication is decent.

Brilliant news

6 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Brilliant news

getting used to a catheter is a bit fucking weird, every time i cough it shoots a burst of piss out, which starts me laughing which fires off another burst, very odd sensation.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, arthur friedenreich said:

getting used to a catheter is a bit fucking weird, every time i cough it shoots a burst of piss out, which starts me laughing which fires off another burst, very odd sensation.

Been there

Count your self lucky its that end lol

• Upvote 1

Plenty of water I guess

On the good side of it now though. Pretty amazing how quickly the body will respond in recovery to what's really invasive and complicated surgery. 

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Plenty of water I guess

On the good side of it now though. Pretty amazing how quickly the body will respond in recovery to what's really invasive and complicated surgery. 

aye, the hozzy i've had it done at average 7 kidney transplant a week at the minute, with 1-2 live ones, really lucky to have swapped and got sorted at such short notice, first scheduled op for 30/09 got cancelled at another hospital on 12/09. When we spoke to surgeon here, she said we are glad you have moved here, they were asking for us to send one of our surgeons over there to operate on you. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

My plantar fascitis has kicked off again now I'm standing up for 6 hours a day in school. Agony. 

That's a tear in the arch of the foot isn't it? 

4 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

My plantar fascitis has kicked off again now I'm standing up for 6 hours a day in school. Agony. 

are you wearing some birko's? excellent foot support and de rigeur for yer intellectual types

5 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

More of an inflammation. Was fucking agony when I had it. I got a steroid injected straight into my heel last year and hasn't bothered me since.

Edit. Not sure it was a steroid but whatever it was worked 

The wife, also a teacher, suffers from plantar fasciitis as well as having dodgy knees. She's just shelled out £150 for some bespoke inner soles which, after a month of bedding in, seem to have done the trick. Pricey as fuck but they seem to be working.

My UC has been playing up recently, just had my IV medication upped to 4 weekly from 8, I dread to think what condition I'd be in without the NHS. I've been diagnosed with fatigue as a side effect, so that's an added bonus. 

17 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

The wife, also a teacher, suffers from plantar fasciitis as well as having dodgy knees. She's just shelled out £150 for some bespoke inner soles which, after a month of bedding in, seem to have done the trick. Pricey as fuck but they seem to be working.

My UC has been playing up recently, just had my IV medication upped to 4 weekly from 8, I dread to think what condition I'd be in without the NHS. I've been diagnosed with fatigue as a side effect, so that's an added bonus. 

had chronic fatigue for the last 18 months. before op, it's a struggle to do anything, constantly fucked and look like a lazy bastard at work due to constant yawning, and generally looking bollocksed. getting in a much exercise as possible helped us, as bizarre as that sounds

Got an appointment with a consultant next week for my Hernia. Hoping they'll just operate now rather than waiting for it to get worse. This weekend I'm doing my first stint at the rally school since I've noticed having it, guess I'm going to find out how badly a full competition harness affects it. 

31 minutes ago, arthur friedenreich said:

had chronic fatigue for the last 18 months. before op, it's a struggle to do anything, constantly fucked and look like a lazy bastard at work due to constant yawning, and generally looking bollocksed. getting in a much exercise as possible helped us, as bizarre as that sounds

Fucking malingerer. 

21 minutes ago, chevettehs said:

Got an appointment with a consultant next week for my Hernia. Hoping they'll just operate now rather than waiting for it to get worse. This weekend I'm doing my first stint at the rally school since I've noticed having it, guess I'm going to find out how badly a full competition harness affects it. 

Fucking malingerer. 

mos def

47 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Congrats on the new kidney, AF. And fair fucks to your old man. Solid proof right there that he doesn’t think you’re a knob. 

i wouldn't go that far Turdsy, one of the funny things about getting the tests down, is i have had a dr sit there and tell me i'm not related to my wife and he is defy my da.

Apparently there have been some difficult conversations with patients ts over the years, when parents donate.

When me dad had his last appointment last week, they sat him down and said, you still happy to donate, you can change your mind blah blah, then told him. a story of a fella who donated to his wife, found out she had been carrying on, then dragged her back age hozzy and demanded his kidney back.

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, arthur friedenreich said:

i wouldn't go that far Turdsy, one of the funny things about getting the tests down, is i have had a dr sit there and tell me i'm not related to my wife and he is defy my da.

Apparently there have been some difficult conversations with patients ts over the years, when parents donate.

When me dad had his last appointment last week, they sat him down and said, you still happy to donate, you can change your mind blah blah, then told him. a story of a fella who donated to his wife, found out she had been carrying on, then dragged her back age hozzy and demanded his kidney back.

'You wanna piece of me? Well do ya?'

38 minutes ago, chevettehs said:

Fucking malingerer. 

I hope your op for a hernia goes better than mine, I've been left with a bit of nerve damage... 4 years ltr and they are still fucking around with me...

Crps is what they think it is now...

49 minutes ago, arthur friedenreich said:

Hopefully he got at least a credit note.

3 hours ago, arthur friedenreich said:

Horrible things. Due to complications with a severed muscle I had one for ten days after a Hip replacement, felt like my Urethra was on fire. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

Fuck Google. Since making the above post I keep getting adds for fucking prostrate problems. Need to empty my Cache. 

Fnarr.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Inflamed tendon. 

15 hours ago, arthur friedenreich said:

are you wearing some birko's? excellent foot support and de rigeur for yer intellectual types

I have clarks boots and just bought some insoles to help. Will look at birkos. 

15 hours ago, KMD7 said:

More of an inflammation. Was fucking agony when I had it. I got a steroid injected straight into my heel last year and hasn't bothered me since.

Edit. Not sure it was a steroid but whatever it was worked 

Was that through your GP mate?

15 hours ago, Karl_b said:

Do you remember where your kisses got them from mate?

14 hours ago, arthur friedenreich said:

Negged for making me look like a moaning cunt for having sore feet. 

21 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Inflamed tendon. 

I have clarks boots and just bought some insoles to help. Will look at birkos. 

Was that through your GP mate?

Do you remember where your kisses got them from mate?

Negged for making me look like a moaning cunt for having sore feet. 

Go to a physio and get moulded orthotics for your shoes. 

I had foot and knee issues and they've improved massively since I got orthotics. I couldnt be without them to be honest. 

@Paulie Dangerously

Had it done as an outpatient in hospital a few months after being referred by my gp. (Not sure how it works on the NHS) Took 2 minutes and I was able to go straight into work. It pretty much took away the inflammation immediately.