You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 3 weeks later...

A close friend of mine found a lump in her neck last week and went to a doctor. After a few days of MRIs and blood tests, she was told she had terminal Lymphoma of several years duration, no chance of a cure. She took her own life last night, leaving those who knew her devastated.

17 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

A close friend of mine found a lump in her neck last week and went to a doctor. After a few days of MRIs and blood tests, she was told she had terminal Lymphoma of several years duration, no chance of a cure. She took her own life last night, leaving those who knew her devastated.

Fucking hell. Condolences mate.

6 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Absolutely terrible, mate. Sorry for your loss.

6 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Thats absolutely awful mate. Condolences. x 

7 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Wow. Lost for words. Deepest sympathy.

14 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Fuck that’s terrible mate, hope you’re ok.

Bit more than an ailment like.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Just awful. There are no words, are there?

On 25/04/2019 at 13:22, Evelyn Tentions said:

man, I'm so sorry to hear that.  Bloody hell.

On 25/04/2019 at 13:22, Evelyn Tentions said:

That's tragic news. 

• 4 weeks later...

I've been having neck problems for weeks & it's gone down into my back now, should I go to the doctor or try to see a chiropractor or something instead?

It's got to the stage now where I'm struggling to put a t-shirt on or pick up the bairns.

43 minutes ago, Mook said:

I've been having neck problems for weeks & it's gone down into my back now, should I go to the doctor or try to see a chiropractor or something instead?

It's got to the stage now where I'm struggling to put a t-shirt on or pick up the bairns.

See your GP to rule out anything serious but they are a waste of time for treatment, they generally work through a list and you have to keep going back. You'll be prescribed Naproxen at first, guaranteed (It's shite). You can then self-refer to see a physio but the waiting lists are about 2 months (In England).

You're better going private to a good physio or oestepath. I can't comment on Chiropractors as I've never been to one.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mook said:

You’ll wait forever to see someone in the NHS. As I’ve said before, the NHS is a great acute illness service but doesn’t do this kind of stuff well at all.

If you can I would definitely recommend the physio/chiropractic route. Few things more debilitating than pain.

Edit. I know just the man for you but he’s my side of town which may not be the handiest for you. I’m happy to pass on his details if you want though

17 minutes ago, Elite said:

See your GP to rule out anything serious but they are a waste of time for treatment

You're better going private to a good physio or osteopath

This, with bells on.

Osteopaths have been superb for me with back and neck issues. 

Cath’s right about the NHS with this stuff versus acute treatment too. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Champ said:

You’ll wait forever to see someone in the NHS. As I’ve said before, the NHS is a great acute illness service but doesn’t do this kind of stuff well at all.

If you can I would definitely recommend the physio/chiropractic route. Few things more debilitating than pain.

Edit. I know just the man for you but he’s my side of town which may not be the handiest for you. I’m happy to pass on his details if you want though

Out of rep, sorry. I'll drop you a text.