You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

23 hours ago, Arthur Friedenreich said:

If yer on the Twitter, follow @rachchippendale - she’s an auld mate of mine from Crewe. Suffered really bad with it over the last 20 or so years, ended up having to pack in her job with Network Rail. But she’s really well informed, think she might have done a book, and she is involved a fair bit in trials. She’s a top bird and a Red, good drinker and used to party like a motherfucker.

I’m on there but I’m not on there if you know what I mean.

Had a hernia done a couple of years back & the standard first sick note was 6 weeks so sounds about right. Was really sore for 3 or 4 days but eased off after that. Realistically could have gone back to work 2/3 weeks after the op but I was a paper-pusher & it would obviously depend on the job. Mine was an inguinal hernia but doesn't seem much different in scale to the umbilical one.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a bird working in my ward, she looks EXACTLY how Lindsey Lohan would've looked at 30 if she hadn't fucked her face up. Her name is Erin & she's a pharmacist.

Sooner I get out of here the better or this is going to quickly turn into a Carry On Nurse sequel with a sinister twist.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Mook said:

There's a bird working in my ward, she looks EXACTLY how Lindsey Lohan would've looked at 30 if she hadn't fucked her face up. Her name is Erin & she's a pharmacist.

Sooner I get out of here the better or this is going to quickly turn into a Carry On Nurse sequel with a sinister twist.

Ailment thread? 

8 minutes ago, Mook said:

She probably looks like Hattie Jacques you lying bastard. 

Get well soon mate.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mook said:

We need to get you out of there!

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Mook said:

Female pharmacists do tend to be quite attractive,as do female vets.

• 2 weeks later...

In bed with a virus all last week, no big deal didn't go the Doctors as I'm not a pathetic worm, it's cleared up though and left me with a delicious cough, post viral cough I believe, so fucking annoying. Always worse of a night, had a coughing fit about 3am last night, felt like punching the fucking wall. Cough medicine is shite too, does absolutely nothing.

25 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Went to a chiropractor, paid good money to be beaten up, and it's still knackered.

Sounds like my one and only experience of a chiropractor. 

On 1/23/2014 at 6:57 PM, Captain Turdseye said:

He sweet talked me, made me strip to my boxers and then we wrestled for a while. £45 well spent.

He was way off on the diagnosis as well!

9 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

In bed with a virus all last week, no big deal didn't go the Doctors as I'm not a pathetic worm, it's cleared up though and left me with a delicious cough, post viral cough I believe, so fucking annoying. Always worse of a night, had a coughing fit about 3am last night, felt like punching the fucking wall. Cough medicine is shite too, does absolutely nothing.

Hot honey and lemon is better than cough medicine which is, as you say, fucking useless.

Come down with I think my 5th cold in as many months yesterday and it's battered me today. Think I've had a grand total of 3 well weeks in the 5 months. Starting to really get me down.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

Hot honey and lemon is better than cough medicine which is, as you say, fucking useless.

Come down with I think my 5th cold in as many months yesterday and it's battered me today. Think I've had a grand total of 3 well weeks in the 5 months. Starting to really get me down.

It's murder being really susceptible to the cold isn't it. I've started taking multi vitamins & am looking at my diet for 'superfoods' to help with my immune system.

I feel like I can't go a few weeks without a stinking cold.