You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I wasn't sure where to post this. 

Some of you might remember me posting about my youngest Grandson a while back.

He has Downs Syndrome and as a result he is way behind where a non Downs child would be.

He's two and a half and has a lot of needs and my lad and his partner are working miracles with him.

They were told he would have extreme difficulty walking.

Well today, the little lad gave the experts the finger and walked.

I couldn't  love or be more proud of him if I tried.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 22

On 20/01/2022 at 19:34, Harry's Lad said:

He has Downs Syndrome and as a result he is way behind where a non Downs child would be.

He's two and a half and has a lot of needs and my lad and his partner are working miracles with him.

Great to hear, brilliant 

Get in. 

• 3 months later...

Fell down the stairs 17 days ago. Fell like a cartoon where my legs went above my head and hit every stair on the way down. Ended up with a bad back, a blue, black, yellow arse cheek and a huge cog on my arse. The bruising has finally gone down but the cog is still there and looks like my arse is misshapen! Sitting down is still very uncomfortable and if I sit a certain way it's like someone has hit me with a flame thrower, the pain is incredible. I work from home a fair bit so been standing at the kitchen worktop to work, rather than at a desk.

Giving it another fortnight to improve or I'm off the quacks to get them grab my arse and take a feel. 

Superb!

• Upvote 1

That's boss that, mate.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Furmedge said:

Fell down the stairs 17 days ago. Fell like a cartoon where my legs went above my head and hit every stair on the way down. Ended up with a bad back, a blue, black, yellow arse cheek and a huge cog on my arse. The bruising has finally gone down but the cog is still there and looks like my arse is misshapen! Sitting down is still very uncomfortable and if I sit a certain way it's like someone has hit me with a flame thrower, the pain is incredible. I work from home a fair bit so been standing at the kitchen worktop to work, rather than at a desk.

Giving it another fortnight to improve or I'm off the quacks to get them grab my arse and take a feel. 

Bloody hell mate get there pronto 

12 hours ago, Furmedge said:

27 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Bloody hell mate get there pronto 

Stig's right mate, don't leave anything to chance especially after a fall like that.

Soft tissue damage is one thing but you need to see a medic just in case there's a fracture.

It might be worthwhile buying one of those donut cushions, at least you might be able to sit until you've healed.

I used to work with a fella who had a boil lanced on his arse who said his was a Godsend.

We still ripped him to fuck like.

2 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Stig's right mate, don't leave anything to chance especially after a fall like that.

Soft tissue damage is one thing but you need to see a medic just in case there's a fracture.

thank-you-cry.gif

On 17/05/2022 at 06:43, Furmedge said:

Do what your internet friends are telling you and go and see someone now

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

Fucking hayfever allergies bastards hit me like a tonne of bricks the last 24 hours. Haven't felt like this for a few years. Always used to get sick for a few days in May but have been ok recently. It's definitely back though. 

Get some Pirinase, excellent stuff. You'll need it.

https://news.sky.com/story/uk-weather-thunder-fever-warning-as-thunderstorms-predicted-to-whip-up-super-pollen-12629832

1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

I'll look into it, cheers. I'm on some generic allergy tablet from the chemists, paracetamol and will get some ibuprofen.

Funny, you tell people its "hayfever" and they just think (as I probably would) it's just a sniffle and watery eyes, but when it hits you like this it's aches and pains and headaches, tiredness. Great stuff. 

6 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I'll look into it, cheers. I'm on some generic allergy tablet from the chemists, paracetamol and will get some ibuprofen.

Funny, you tell people its "hayfever" and they just think (as I probably would) it's just a sniffle and watery eyes, but when it hits you like this it's aches and pains and headaches, tiredness. Great stuff. 

Yeah, I've thought I was coming down with the 'flu a couple of times in the past before realising that it was actually hayfever. My aunt has hayfever bad and swears by Pirinase; I tend to get it for a week or so right at the start of the pollen season and use the Beconase nasal spray to get me through.

2 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Fucking hayfever allergies bastards hit me like a tonne of bricks the last 24 hours. Haven't felt like this for a few years. Always used to get sick for a few days in May but have been ok recently. It's definitely back though. 

Same. I'm looking after my mates dog again and it hit me a little yesterday morning but I took him for a walk around tea-time last night, within an hour of being home my eyes were streaming I looked like I'd been smacked in the face a few times. Couldn't stop rubbing my eyes. 

One of my neighbours sadly passed away today. An ambulance had been called around 2.30 am this morning as my dog stirred hearing voices from the adjoining bungalow. At lunchtime, a private ambulance was parked outside and some besuited gentlemen carried her out on a stretcher into the vehicle. She has various ailments and isnt particularly old, probably between 65-70. Just very sad.

I moved into this bungalow after my Mum died as we had dogs here and it was at the height of COVID. I am somewhat younger than most bungalow dwelling residents but I guess in a close of older people, this kind of sight is probably something that will be seen more of.

I messaged the old boy next door with condolences and to not hesitate to pop round if he needs anything, even if its just a brew. Devoted couple, he is going to be lost without her. Just a heavy heart today.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, House of Dirk said:

One of my neighbours sadly passed away today. An ambulance had been called around 2.30 am this morning as my dog stirred hearing voices from the adjoining bungalow. At lunchtime, a private ambulance was parked outside and some besuited gentlemen carried her out on a stretcher into the vehicle. She has various ailments and isnt particularly old, probably between 65-70. Just very sad.

I moved into this bungalow after my Mum died as we had dogs here and it was at the height of COVID. I am somewhat younger than most bungalow dwelling residents but I guess in a close of older people, this kind of sight is probably something that will be seen more of.

I messaged the old boy next door with condolences and to not hesitate to pop round if he needs anything, even if its just a brew. Devoted couple, he is going to be lost without her. Just a heavy heart today.

Sorry to hear that mate. Good on you for letting him know where you are if needed, people like you are gold. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Sorry to hear that mate. Good on you for letting him know where you are if needed, people like you are gold. 

They were great when my Mum was in her last days. He did a bit of work around the place fixing the gate and the fence (shite I cant do) so the dogs could stay in the garden without buggering off. The old boys bones are fusing so he is in a tonne of pain and he has good and bad days. Luckily its a nice close so theres a few of us keeping an eye out.

• Upvote 2

I’m beginning to think I may have something wrong with my back. I’ve had two painful episodes of late that lasted about a couple of days each. I just put it down to arthritis attacks.

This morning though, jeez. 

I’d just completed my morning bowel movement and, as I stood from the thrown, my lower back just gave way, throwing me into a hunched position from which I struggled to get upright again for the pain.

I’m currently lying flat on the bed, painkillered up to the eyeballs, and dreading having to go to the toilet again. 

1 minute ago, YorkshireRed said:

I’m beginning to think I may have something wrong with my back. I’ve had two painful episodes of late that lasted about a couple of days each. I just put it down to arthritis attacks.

I’d just completed my morning bowel movement and, as I stood from the thrown, my lower back just gave way, throwing me into a hunched position from which I struggled to get upright again for the pain.

I’m currently lying flat on the bed, painkillered up to the eyeballs, and dreading having to go to the toilet again. 

You mean your hungover, cant be arsed doing anything and you've typed that incase your missus reads the forum. A bit like updating your facebook status with "never felt so sick in my whole life" on a Monday when you've rang in to work sick. Pathetic. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Get on the blower to a good physio tomorrow. They'll sort you right out. I'd recommend one I've used but not sure a 90 minute drive to Liverpool would be good for you! 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You mean your hungover, cant be arsed doing anything and you've typed that incase your missus reads the forum. A bit like updating your facebook status with "never felt so sick in my whole life" on a Monday when you've rang in to work sick. Pathetic. 

You don’t know my wife. She wouldn’t care if I was on my deathbed. I’d still have to put the bins out. 

I’m now going to fantasise which poster is actually my wife and I never knew. She could be Gnasher, or possibly Turdseye. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

There’s no pain like it. I put my back out just innocuously walking down the stairs once and ended up stuck in that hunchback position for a while. 

14 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Yes, it’s absolute agony. Bad backs can fuck right off. 

It's also weird that in this day and age so much is unknown about back pain (most of it is 'non-specific') and there are so many different opinions in professional circles.