You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

7 minutes ago, Mook said:

Anybody know any miracle cures for a tickly cough?

I have one at the moment & I can't fucking sleep. Whenever I lie down it feels like there's a wee man running about in my throat with a feather duster.

My Mum swears by honey and lemon. The honey coats the throat taking away the tickle apparently.

Haven't tried it myself like because I don't like honey and I'm diabetic anyway.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Mook said:

I have one at the moment & I can't fucking sleep. Whenever I lie down it feels like there's a wee man running about in my throat with a feather duster.

Cough syrup. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

My Mum swears by honey and lemon. The honey coats the throat taking away the tickle apparently.

Haven't tried it myself like because I don't like honey and I'm diabetic anyway.

Cheers, I'll give it a go.

20 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Cough syrup. 

Usually works for about 5 minutes so not much good when I'm going to my scratcher.

40 minutes ago, Mook said:

You just have to wait it out. It's fucking annoying though, like lung tourettes.

The bomb squad had to be called to a hospital in Gloucester after a man got an artillery shell stuck inside him.

The army sent an explosive ordnance disposal team to Gloucestershire Royal Infirmary yesterday morning (December 2) after a patient told staff he had the ammunition stuck in his bottom.

It is understood he told staff he fell on the World War Two shell.

Gloucestershire Police confirmed its officers attended the hospital after "a report that a patient had presented with a munition in his rectum".

A spokesperson for the force told ITV News: "The item had been removed prior to police arrival and the Explosive Ordnance Disposal team (EOD) were contacted.

"They attended and confirmed it was not live and therefore not a danger to the public."

An Army spokesperson added: "We can confirm an Army Explosive Ordnance Disposal team was called out to Gloucestershire at the request of local police."

The hospital told ITV News it followed the relevant safety protocols were followed to ensure there was no risk to patients, staff or visitors.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Elite said:

The bomb squad had to be called to a hospital in Gloucester after a man got an artillery shell stuck inside him.

The army sent an explosive ordnance disposal team to Gloucestershire Royal Infirmary yesterday morning (December 2) after a patient told staff he had the ammunition stuck in his bottom.

Bomb squad or bum squad?

1 hour ago, Elite said:

Gloucestershire Police confirmed its officers attended the hospital after "a report that a patient had presented with a munition in his rectum".

A spokesperson for the force told ITV News: "The item had been removed prior to police arrival and the Explosive Ordnance Disposal team (EOD) were contacted.

"They attended and confirmed it was not live and therefore not a danger to the public."

An Army spokesperson added: "We can confirm an Army Explosive Ordnance Disposal team was called out to Gloucestershire at the request of local police."

The hospital told ITV News it followed the relevant safety protocols were followed to ensure there was no risk to patients, staff or visitors.

This is a mortar shell. Imagine that. 

786579F9-828A-4BB7-8158-ED2F632B5B1E.jpeg

2 hours ago, Elite said:

If it had gone off it would have rectum.

2 hours ago, Elite said:

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

This is a mortar shell. Imagine that. 

786579F9-828A-4BB7-8158-ED2F632B5B1E.jpeg

This is an American mortar (practice round?) found in one of my students garden. The size of my size 45 wellie will give you some idea of the size. He would have needed an arse the size of the Mersey tunnel to fit that. Given the weight of it, all he'd have to do is stand up to get it out.

Culinary joke -its now used by the family as a pestle.

IMG_20200129_133608.jpg