You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

Longest walk of lockdown to date yesterday  (circa 10.5 miles).

Please see below a list of things that hurt. 

Left knee.
Lower back.
Right hip.
Right shin.
Left ankle.
Right ankle.
Left foot.
Right foot.
Left big toe.

Please see below a list of things that feel better:

Soul.
Mind.

Stick with it mate, once you get past the initial pains it becomes easier. 

2 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Left knee.
Lower back.
Right hip.
Right shin.
Left ankle.
Right ankle.
Left foot.
Right foot.
Left big toe.

Soul.
Mind.

Thanks - I’ve been walking quite a bit these last few weeks so the stiffness this morning isn’t quite as bad as it ordinarily would have been.

I never thought I’d enjoy it as much as I do. The physical and mental benefits are a godsend just now. 

Guest Pistonbroke
6 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Thanks - I’ve been walking quite a bit these last few weeks so the stiffness this morning isn’t quite as bad as it ordinarily would have been.

I never thought I’d enjoy it as much as I do. The physical and mental benefits are a godsend just now. 

Indeed, I used to go running loads but just go walking for long distances these days and just walk at a faster pace. Stick Spotify etc on my mobile and enjoy the countryside. Added bonus of walking is I can have a tab. 

2 hours ago, Mook said:

'Emergency appointments only & try the drops for 2 weeks before phoning back'

I really don't know why I ever bother with the doctor, get absolutely fuck all from them under normal circumstances, never mind just now. No wonder blokes don't bother going & end up dying of cancer that's been there for months unchecked.

When did you start using them?

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

Indeed, I used to go running loads but just go walking for long distances these days and just walk at a faster pace. Stick Spotify etc on my mobile and enjoy the countryside. Added bonus of walking is I can have a tab. 

Is there a good bit of countryside around Bielefeld?

3 hours ago, Mook said:

'Emergency appointments only & try the drops for 2 weeks before phoning back'

I really don't know why I ever bother with the doctor, get absolutely fuck all from them under normal circumstances, never mind just now. No wonder blokes don't bother going & end up dying of cancer that's been there for months unchecked.

I had a really bad bout of this a couple of summers back mate, started when swimming in the pool on holiday. Deaf as a post, felt dizzy and sick loads, constant headaches. Doctors said I was filled up with wax, but wouldn’t help as they no longer syringe ears.

As well as those otex drops and the bulb syringe (which weren’t working on their own) I bought one of of these ear pick things. The ex kindly suppressed her disgust and used it on me, managing to dislodge and claw out a ridiculous-sized piece of impacted muck, meaning I could then sluice the rest out with the syringe.

Dizziness went off the scale for an hour or two after, just had to lie down in a dark room, but after that the relief was incredible.

Annoyingly sold out atm, but this is the one I used in case it’s any help for reference.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00NBXVPMU?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

I had a really bad bout of this a couple of summers back mate, started when swimming in the pool on holiday. Deaf as a post, felt dizzy and sick loads, constant headaches. Doctors said I was filled up with wax, but wouldn’t help as they no longer syringe ears.

As well as those otex drops and the bulb syringe (which weren’t working on their own) I bought one of of these ear pick things. The ex kindly suppressed her disgust and used it on me, managing to dislodge and claw out a ridiculous-sized piece of impacted muck, meaning I could then sluice the rest out with the syringe.

Dizziness went off the scale for an hour or two after, just had to lie down in a dark room, but after that the relief was incredible.

Annoyingly sold out atm, but this is the one I used in case it’s any help for reference.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00NBXVPMU?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I'll have a look for them elsewhere, cheers Lizzie.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
41 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Is there a good bit of countryside around Bielefeld?

Loads mate, the City is basically in the Teutoburg Forest. We are aprrox  a 30 minute drive from the Statue of Hermannsdenkmal  which is a tribute to Arminius ( which is Hermann in German) who along with his followers wiped out three Roman legions in the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest in 9AD. Added to that the City has a huge park which runs through it with various other green areas of beauty. Just got back from my daily walk actually and it's Fathers day and a bank holiday over here. 

8 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Loads mate, the City is basically in the Teutoburg Forest. We are aprrox  a 30 minute drive from the Statue of Hermannsdenkmal  which is a tribute to Arminius ( which is Hermann in German) who along with his followers wiped out three Roman legions in the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest in 9AD. Added to that the City has a huge park which runs through it with various other green areas of beauty. Just got back from my daily walk actually and it's Fathers day and a bank holiday over here. 

Glad you didn't mistype 'walk' and 'bank' holiday there. Would have ruined my whole weekend!

On 21/05/2020 at 03:24, Mook said:

My fucking right ear has been blocked for nearly two weeks, 'been putting the drops in twice a day every day & tried the Otex home syringe thing tonight, didn't work.

The doctor is refusing to see me, constant sore heads, constant ringing in my ear, constantly being half deaf. I would happily pay someome £100 to syringe it properly but the private places I've tried are all shut as well.

Fuck off.

Get yourself one of these off eBay. Once you/your missus has cleared out your lughole, you can use it to see if there is anything you've forgotten about up your arse.

Screenshot_20200522_095313_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

• Upvote 2

I’m so fucking ill today. Constantly feel like I’m gonna puke and my head is booming. It’s like a really bad hangover except I didn’t drink yesterday.

I woke my missus up this morning by kicking her repeatedly while I was asleep. She woke me up by getting out of bed and I remembered that in my dream I was having a fight with a giant sentient tablespoon who was being a cunt to me and I was volleying it/him at the exact moment we woke up.

• Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m so fucking ill today. Constantly feel like I’m gonna puke and my head is booming. It’s like a really bad hangover except I didn’t drink yesterday.

I woke my missus up this morning by kicking her repeatedly while I was asleep. She woke me up by getting out of bed and I remembered that in my dream I was having a fight with a giant sentient tablespoon who was being a cunt to me and I was volleying it/him at the exact moment we woke up.

Get the family in the car and drive to Sunderland mate 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Pistonbroke

Received a message an hour ago that a very good friend of mine, Tony Elliot (originally from Huyton) died of a Heart attack at the end of January. Only 57 and leaves a wife and young daughter behind in Kenya where he settled. Fucking gutted.  

On 21/05/2020 at 18:31, YorkshireRed said:

Left knee.
Lower back.
Right hip.
Right shin.
Left ankle.
Right ankle.
Left foot.
Right foot.
Left big toe.

Soul.
Mind.

Roots Manuva over here:
 https://youtu.be/XtjbIHHYtPA

On 28/05/2020 at 21:07, Captain Turdseye said:

No spooning rule at casa turdseye from now on.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Great news. Are these new drugs guaranteed to improve your quality of life,tried and tested?

Thank you, Vlad. Very much so mate. Off the scale.

The average improvement level is known, proven, many many people have had the drugs and the results have absolutely wowed doctors, patients and academics alike. Of course some benefit more than others for a whole range of complex reasons. But yes, the drugs I was given in January were handed over with the description "life-saving". The ones above, I was told if they can get them to me in the coming years would be "life-changing".

I was preparing myself it to be another 5-10 years tbh, after the Covid hit to the economy. Bolt from the blue.

• Upvote 5