You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

On 22/12/2017 at 12:26, Pistonbroke said:

I had one of those flu jabs in 2002, it was one of these work initiatives where the boss organised and paid for everyone to have it done. Quite a few people were still complaining of having flu type symptoms but without the fever. I've never bothered with one since, but then I rarely ever get a full on cold, never mind the flu. I do get the sniffles every year, sometimes it lasts for a few months, other times it is on and off over the winter period. Apart from having a blocked nose of an evening it is hardly worth having a jab for. 

Got offered a flu jab similar to the above and got it earlier in the week. Don’t even know why I took it since I haven’t had so much as a cold for ages. 

Felt fine for a couple of days but started to feel sick a few days ago and now have full blown shithouse aids. Throat is red raw and haven’t used so many tissues since Rachel Stevens was on the cover of FHM. Only thing missing is the fever as PB said. Ears are ringing as well and keep popping. Anyone else get this shit after having a flu jab?

And yes, pics or GTFO. 

D56FCD5E-80CF-4AEA-8F37-3A23B9EA21D6.jpeg

FE567690-D215-4D8C-8FE3-5095FEFE61A7.jpeg

• Upvote 2

On 15/10/2019 at 15:58, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

As a species we need to go back to pre-medical science days when gout was celebrated as a badge of honour because it advertised a rich lifestyle.

Being a proper working

class vote left fellow I was horrified when i thought I had a bout of gout.

My mate had it up North but it was mainly

because he lived on a diet of rye whiskey, red meat and ale. The only vegetable/fruit he ever ate was cauliflower, always raw and he maybe went through two a month. I told my then wife, the nurse in the community, he probably had scurvy as well. 

Anyhoo, after reading about gout I had no doubt, and not to flout l, that I was in the clear. I could sleep at night and sheets didn’t bother me. 

My big toe did hurt like a fucker for a few days though. 

My mates troubles had just begun. He got into a weird marriage with a Mexican bird from Juarez and it didn’t last, she hated the cold. He’s in the Yukon now, not even Whitehorse, probably still subsisting on rye, red meat and cauliflower.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Got offered a flu jab similar to the above and got it earlier in the week. Don’t even know why I took it since I haven’t had so much as a cold for ages. 

Felt fine for a couple of days but started to feel sick a few days ago and now have full blown shithouse aids. Throat is red raw and haven’t used so many tissues since Rachel Stevens was on the cover of FHM. Only thing missing is the fever as PB said. Ears are ringing as well and keep popping. Anyone else get this shit after having a flu jab?

And yes, pics or GTFO. 

D56FCD5E-80CF-4AEA-8F37-3A23B9EA21D6.jpeg

FE567690-D215-4D8C-8FE3-5095FEFE61A7.jpeg

I haven't got a cold but I am also going through quite a few tissues myself.

Guest Pistonbroke

Do any of you on this forum have any experience with the 'Feldenkrais Method?'

The reason I'm asking is due to my Biceps/Triceps/Shoulder muscles in my left arm/shoulder being totally fucked due to rheumatism, arthritis and 3 operations to fix my shoulder, also years of abuse due to various sports/training. Basically your muscles twist like a wet towel to afford movement, mine are just permanently tensed and as hard as leather, thus causing pain when i move and a lot of movement is restricted.  

I'm undergoing intensive physio at the main hospital over here and the physiotherapist mentioned that this method might be useful. After doing research I realise that it isn't available through the health system and you have to foot the cost yourself, it also has a mixed bag of reviews from professionals.  

On 20/10/2019 at 06:04, Nunavut Patrick said:

Being a proper working

class vote left fellow I was horrified when i thought I had a bout of gout.

My mate had it up North but it was mainly

because he lived on a diet of rye whiskey, red meat and ale. The only vegetable/fruit he ever ate was cauliflower, always raw and he maybe went through two a month. I told my then wife, the nurse in the community, he probably had scurvy as well. 

Anyhoo, after reading about gout I had no doubt, and not to flout l, that I was in the clear. I could sleep at night and sheets didn’t bother me. 

My big toe did hurt like a fucker for a few days though. 

My mates troubles had just begun. He got into a weird marriage with a Mexican bird from Juarez and it didn’t last, she hated the cold. He’s in the Yukon now, not even Whitehorse, probably still subsisting on rye, red meat and cauliflower.

Not even Whitehorse you say???

I’m due to get my kidney transplant tomorrow. Me and my auld

man checked into the hozzy today.

had one op cancelled at the end of September due to a fuck up over booking surgeons, which was a bit of a bastard as I had given notice at work. Luckily work let me rescind and I finished up last Friday.

had a bit of a rough week last week, as they found some blood in my urine in last set of tests, which resulted in an unwarranted finger in the hole, along with canes down the bellend, though thankfully it was nothing to prevent surgery going ahead.

3 months of sitting on my arse watching the unbearables beckons, just a dodgy next 48 hours to get out the way first, hopefully the morphine is up to scratch and will settle with the spiritualised / L’Épée soundtrack I have planned.

• Upvote 9

Guest Pistonbroke
2 hours ago, arthur friedenreich said:

I’m due to get my kidney transplant tomorrow. Me and my auld

man checked into the hozzy today.

had one op cancelled at the end of September due to a fuck up over booking surgeons, which was a bit of a bastard as I had given notice at work. Luckily work let me rescind and I finished up last Friday.

had a bit of a rough week last week, as they found some blood in my urine in last set of tests, which resulted in an unwarranted finger in the hole, along with canes down the bellend, though thankfully it was nothing to prevent surgery going ahead.

3 months of sitting on my arse watching the unbearables beckons, just a dodgy next 48 hours to get out the way first, hopefully the morphine is up to scratch and will settle with the spiritualised / L’Épée soundtrack I have planned.

Best of luck mate. 

Cheers lads, just looking forward to getting it done now. Been a rough last few months stress and health wise, ended up in bed most nights by 930 due to getting up 3 times for a burst every night. Managed to keep up cycling to work and getting in a decent 45k ride along the yarra most weeks. Weird the way yer brain slows down as yer body shuts down. Hoping to watch the city game at home.

1 hour ago, arthur friedenreich said:

Cheers lads, just looking forward to getting it done now. Been a rough last few months stress and health wise, ended up in bed most nights by 930 due to getting up 3 times for a burst every night. Managed to keep up cycling to work and getting in a decent 45k ride along the yarra most weeks. Weird the way yer brain slows down as yer body shuts down. Hoping to watch the city game at home.

Was wondering if you had it done yet Cev. Best of luck mate. Everything crossed for you. 

Just gone on the list myself so family are currently getting tested to see if there's any potential donors. If that doesn't work then I've been told that the average waiting period on the transplant list for someone with my blood type (A positive) is 18 months to 2 years.  Not on dialysis yet thankfully but I'm not too far off it. 

• Upvote 3

Good luck Cev, if all goes well I may take you up sorting out your wiring in exchange for a stop off point on my way to Bathurst at some point in the future. Just need to know that I am safe from waking up in a bath filled with ice and sporting some suspicious scars. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Was wondering if you had it done yet Cev. Best of luck mate. Everything crossed for you. 

Just gone on the list myself so family are currently getting tested to see if there's any potential donors. If that doesn't work then I've been told that the average waiting period on the transplant list for someone with my blood type (A positive) is 18 months to 2 years.  Not on dialysis yet thankfully but I'm not too far off it. 

Same blood group as me mate, mine is pre-emotive as I have a donor, so managing to avoid the dialysis at this stage - hopefully you get the same result, a is spot on as we can take a donation from most others.

its a weird as fuck vibe though, just had to wave me da off as they wheeled him down, said to him last night I’ll never be able to thank him properly.

if you are suffering with itchiness, ask about potassium and phosphate binders, I was on Resonium a every night, with renagel tablets with every meal, didn’t half help with the symptoms.

11 minutes ago, chevettehs said:

Good luck Cev, if all goes well I may take you up sorting out your wiring in exchange for a stop off point on my way to Bathurst at some point in the future. Just need to know that I am safe from waking up in a bath filled with ice and sporting some suspicious scars. 

Cheers man, the 944 has been taken down to Porsche a few week back to see if it is repairable, have t heard back yet. They are doing the once over and estimate as a favour due to my missus cousin working for them.

he had a brand new 911 Carrera S over to ours a few weeks back.

fucking stupidly quick and tight to the road, took it for a spin up and down the beach road by us,  fucking awesome machine, the booster buttons are great fun at traffic lights. Instant wanker in a box car, but great for a 30 minute spin.

3 minutes ago, arthur friedenreich said:

Same blood group as me mate, mine is pre-emotive as I have a donor, so managing to avoid the dialysis at this stage - hopefully you get the same result, a is spot on as we can take a donation from most others.

its a weird as fuck vibe though, just had to wave me da off as they wheeled him down, said to him last night I’ll never be able to thank him properly.

if you are suffering with itchiness, ask about potassium and phosphate binders, I was on Resonium a every night, with renagel tablets with every meal, didn’t half help with the symptoms.

Legs were itchy as fuck the last few nights, have cuts on them from scratching so will mention it to my neph when i see him in a few weeks. Cheers.

Was a bit rundown last week so went to my gp Friday so she tested my urine and (as far as i can remember) its the first time protein was found in it. My gfr is bouncing up and down between 14 and 11.

8 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Legs were itchy as fuck the last few nights, have cuts on them from scratching so will mention it to my neph when i see him in a few weeks. Cheers.

Was a bit rundown last week so went to my gp Friday so she tested my urine and (as far as i can remember) its the first time protein was found in it. My gfr is bouncing up and down between 14 and 11.

That’s quite a gap that mate, I have been 11-10 for the last 18 months, hit 8 once and was pretty run down, but changed diet and pretty much gave up the ale, had the odd couple of pints, or glasses of wine but nothing heavy session wise.

neck has been itchy as sin for last few days, but started my immune-suppressive Saturday, not sure if they are having an effect or it is all just nerves but feel like my core temp has risen a couple of degrees over last few days. Will see how it all pans out medication wise as I know I get smashed with immunosuppressives for first 3 months and then they taper, to a more manageable level for life.

3 minutes ago, arthur friedenreich said:

That’s quite a gap that mate, I have been 11-10 for the last 18 months, hit 8 once and was pretty run down, but changed diet and pretty much gave up the ale, had the odd couple of pints, or glasses of wine but nothing heavy session wise.

neck has been itchy as sin for last few days, but started my immune-suppressive Saturday, not sure if they are having an effect or it is all just nerves but feel like my core temp has risen a couple of degrees over last few days. Will see how it all pans out medication wise as I know I get smashed with immunosuppressives for first 3 months and then they taper, to a more manageable level for life.

Yeah fuck this feeling rundown shit. I feel like I'm burning up but my temperature is stable. All part of it I guess. Was a shock when my last gfr came back as 11 as i had been a constant 14-16 the last year or so.  I reckon the humidity this summer contributed to it, I couldn't deal with it at all and was constantly necking down water.

• Upvote 1

had the new kidney in 24 hours, filtration rate has gone from 10% to 36% had 45 minutes kip overnight but feels sharper than I have in a good few years.

Good luck with getting sorted KMD7, you will feel fuckloads better.

It's hard going on the donor though, me da looks a fair bit fucked, but he should start to improve from tomorrow. 

I was up and did a lap of the floor this morning, sore as fuck, but the medication is decent.

• Upvote 8

9 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

That's brilliant news mate, delighted it all went well. Hope your dad recovers quickly too. 

i could have had this done 12 months ago, but wanted to save up  enough dough to be able to take 3 months off for recovery time, i was scared shitless going down, but fuck me i feel so much better. Don't wait around if and when. you can get done mate, the gradual slowdown made me a bit complacen that i was coping I think.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, arthur friedenreich said:

had the new kidney in 24 hours, filtration rate has gone from 10% to 36% had 45 minutes kip overnight but feels sharper than I have in a good few years.

Good luck with getting sorted KMD7, you will feel fuckloads better.

It's hard going on the donor though, me da looks a fair bit fucked, but he should start to improve from tomorrow. 

I was up and did a lap of the floor this morning, sore as fuck, but the medication is decent.

Brilliant news