You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 1 month later...

Anyone had any arthritis issues in their knee. My mum's had to leave her job as it was 12hrs on her feet and killing her. Today conformed as arthritis in the back of her knee. 

Anyone had any luck with anything to help. She tried doing a bit of yoga and couldn't even sit with her knees crossed 

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Anyone had any arthritis issues in their knee. My mum's had to leave her job as it was 12hrs on her feet and killing her. Today conformed as arthritis in the back of her knee. 

Anyone had any luck with anything to help. She tried doing a bit of yoga and couldn't even sit with her knees crossed 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Elite said:

Is there not specific medication for arthritis?

A few of them cause issue with the heart so taking them long term not always for the best. 

Just looking into it all now, at the moment they are offering pain injections. Just looking for a few options.

2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Excercise wise swimming is obviously good and low impact, good soak in the bath helps a lot. The usual heat and cold treatments and a bit of Voltarol.

I guess drowning would solve the issue forever. 

Eric the eel is a better swimmer, by the fact he can float 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

A few of them cause issue with the heart so taking them long term not always for the best. 

Just looking into it all now, at the moment they are offering pain injections. Just looking for a few options.

Yeah that's the problem with medication, they fuck up other things in the body or have side effects. You can't win really.

• 2 weeks later...

Got full blown flu. Not a cold, but proper flu. Don’t know how I made it through today and got loads of family stuff I’m meant to do tomorrow. 

Sitting on the couch drifting in and out of consciousness watching Peep show probably isn’t the best preparation for it. 

Fun New Years for me. 

Was getting some muscle tiredness/weakness in arms and legs. Checked into emergency about 845pm last night. 

They had had no idea until they ran more blood tests and discovered that my level of phosphates was so low it was undetectable. So I’m on an overnight stay hooked up to a drip as they fill me with phosphates. 

Phosphate levels? I didn’t even know that was a thing until tonight!  Not sure the cause. I’m not an alky- didn’t even get a chance to have a sip for New Years!

Can’t sleep as a) I’m in a hospital, and b) this bloody blood pressure monitor is going off every 15 mins. 

Oh well. Happy 2019!

• Upvote 5

51 minutes ago, Alan Sex said:

Fun New Years for me. 

Was getting some muscle tiredness/weakness in arms and legs. Checked into emergency about 845pm last night. 

They had had no idea until they ran more blood tests and discovered that my level of phosphates was so low it was undetectable. So I’m on an overnight stay hooked up to a drip as they fill me with phosphates. 

Phosphate levels? I didn’t even know that was a thing until tonight!  Not sure the cause. I’m not an alky- didn’t even get a chance to have a sip for New Years!

Can’t sleep as a) I’m in a hospital, and b) this bloody blood pressure monitor is going off every 15 mins. 

Oh well. Happy 2019!

I believe that is something to do with Potassium levels? Get well soom Mr Sex.

I’ve been bed bound since yesterday. Can’t eat and am just sweating cobs. Lay there unable to get asleep all through last night head absolutely spinning. Worried it might be a bout of depression coming back , I’m really hoping not and it’s just a bug

42 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I’ve been bed bound since yesterday. Can’t eat and am just sweating cobs. Lay there unable to get asleep all through last night head absolutely spinning. Worried it might be a bout of depression coming back , I’m really hoping not and it’s just a bug

That’s got to be a virus. There are some bad bugs going about 

Yeah loads of shitty bugs going round.

Feel like shit and started having issues with my eye starting to swell and due for my annual diabetic eye test tomorrow but i doubt thats happening now. Got drops so hopefully i'll kill it before it starts. Every bloody year i get this since i got a bad viral eye infection in India about 7-8 years back

11 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Still got this bloody multiple sclerosis. It’s proving a right pain to shake off. 

If yer on the Twitter, follow @rachchippendale - she’s an auld mate of mine from Crewe. Suffered really bad with it over the last 20 or so years, ended up having to pack in her job with Network Rail. But she’s really well informed, think she might have done a book, and she is involved a fair bit in trials. She’s a top bird and a Red, good drinker and used to party like a motherfucker.

• Upvote 2