You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 minute ago, KMD7 said:

I put mine off for years mate but eventuallyIt became too painful in the end and had to go get it done.  Tell your friend to do it.  Not sure how he can blag it off though as I'm sure he'd have to produce a sick cert for work? 

Another mate of mine said he's never felt right since he had his done ?

6 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Another mate of mine said he's never felt right since he had his done ?

Can only speak for myself Shep but I took rested up well after and I feel fine now. Couldn't move much for the first week after but improved steadily after that.  I was lucky in that they only had to stitch up mine as it wasn't that large a hole (painful as fuck though!), I know the larger ones require a mesh to close it off. Rest is important though while the wound heals 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Now I've got this good friend who's just been given a date for surgery for his umbilical hernia. This mate is scared stuff of surgery and the hernia is tiny and gives him no pain whatsoever. However, my friend's employer must give him 2 months off work with full pay to recover.

Bit of a quandary because sat on the kitchen table is the letter from the hospital with all the relevant info about the surgery, dates and times. If my friend decided to bin off the surgery and blag work for those 2 months off "recovering" would there really be any way his employer could suss if?

Just asking for a friend.

Yes they will

You'll need a sick note. Amd if it gets worse you'll need time off. 

As someone who has had the same thing its nothing. And really not something to leave. By the time mine was done it was looking like the first time you see the alien in Alien. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

I’ve got the worst hangover in the world.   Solid boozing for 4 days.  My shits are green, I’ve had 2 hours sleep and the sleep I did have was punctuated by terrifying nightmares.  Woke everyone up screaming.  I’d have all my internal organs out if I could. 

That's not just ale mate. What else you have?

13 hours ago, Fowlers God said:

Just had Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy to remove my Gallbladder. 

2 weeks off work min

DC75EA7D-2CAB-4E9E-B224-CD38244A8787.jpeg

EABA42C2-E571-4C7E-838F-8E6693F31C97.jpeg

A bit of Kratom would sort that right out. 

1 hour ago, rico1304 said:

I’ve got the worst hangover in the world.   Solid boozing for 4 days.  My shits are green, I’ve had 2 hours sleep and the sleep I did have was punctuated by terrifying nightmares.  Woke everyone up screaming.  I’d have all my internal organs out if I could. 

Sounds like a a job for Kratom. 

• 1 month later...

Ailment doesn’t seem to quite cut it but this was the first thread I came across that seems remotely appropriate.

Seeing Doddie Weir on The One Show. What a fucking inspiration.

Go on someone tell me what a youknowwhat he is in real life

22 minutes ago, Champ said:

Ailment doesn’t seem to quite cut it but this was the first thread I came across that seems remotely appropriate.

Seeing Doddie Weir on The One Show. What a fucking inspiration.

Go on someone tell me what a youknowwhat he is in real life

He played rugby for Melrose & is therefor a posh twat.

*in all seriousness, he seems a decent sort