You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Been bad with it since Sunday night.

Felt it coming on all weekend and just been turbo fucked by Jimmy Savile's ghost all day every day since, no chance of going outdoors.

Sweating and shivering constantly, bedsheets like a swimming pool every morning, temperature through the roof, coughing incessantly, ever tightening pressure band round my head and feel like I'm on hallucinogens popular in the rain forest.

So at least there's that silver lining.

Yep. Although you might be a tad worse than me.

Fourth days of shitting through the eye of a needle, went to the Nurse Practitioner under duress from Mrs VD, knowing full well they could do nowt.

Blood Pressure fine, shit sample on Wednesday if still unwell. Glad now I never booked to go away for Xmas and my Birthday.

I like a nice squirty shit. The warm ones that hurt a bit.

Lads have ye ever thought of getting yearly flu jabs?  I do and touch wood haven't had any serious sounding doses like you have at the moment

I've been eligible, and mostly had one, every winter since I was a kid mate. 

Hadn't had one for a few years, did this (some time back) and got the fucker anyway!

So it goes!

Guest Pistonbroke

Lads have ye ever thought of getting yearly flu jabs?  I do and touch wood haven't had any serious sounding doses like you have at the moment

I had one of those flu jabs in 2002, it was one of these work initiatives where the boss organised and paid for everyone to have it done. Quite a few people were still complaining of having flu type symptoms but without the fever. I've never bothered with one since, but then I rarely ever get a full on cold, never mind the flu. I do get the sniffles every year, sometimes it lasts for a few months, other times it is on and off over the winter period. Apart from having a blocked nose of an evening it is hardly worth having a jab for. 

I had one of those flu jabs in 2002, it was one of these work initiatives where the boss organised and paid for everyone to have it done. Quite a few people were still complaining of having flu type symptoms but without the fever. I've never bothered with one since, but then I rarely ever get a full on cold, never mind the flu. I do get the sniffles every year, sometimes it lasts for a few months, other times it is on and off over the winter period. Apart from having a blocked nose of an evening it is hardly worth having a jab for.

Apparently no live bacteria are used in flu jabs so it must have been the body's immune system reacting to the jab or its other ingredients.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got an arrhythmia, which presents itself in various ways. Every now and again my heart does a really heavy THUMP which feels a bit weird, and sometimes that is followed by anything up to 30 minutes of rapid but regular heart rhythms - sometime visibly beating out of my chest. Anyway, last time that happened to me was 3 years ago and I was fully checked out (private) and given the all clear in terms of blood pressure, furring of the arteries and all that. I figured I'd dodged a bullet and that's when I quit smoking.

Move forward a few years and now I'm fitter than I've been in a long time, don't smoke, don't drink caffeine.. and the fast heart rate has happened again 4 times in about 6 weeks. Going back to the cardiologist on Monday for another check-up. It's annoying because if they can catch it in the act and give me an ECG, they can diagnose which type off arrhythmia it is and generally sort it out permanently. The chances of catching it happening are slim though. I'm going to request a monitor that I can just apply when it happens. The other option is to call an ambulance when it happens and hope they get to me in time to record it.

Annoying more than anything, but can't help having that niggling thought in the back of my mind that I'm about to drop dead!

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to hear that chief, did you have complications from the surgery?

Long and complicated story

Its on this thread a good while back.

The caused pancreaticis,7 months in hospital,having to learn to walk again,kidney dialysis,type 1 diabetes and removal of gall bladder and 85/90% of my pancreas.

And the good folks on here doing a damn good colombo impression off tracking my mum down to find out where i disappeared too

• Upvote 1

Long and complicated story

Its on this thread a good while back.

The caused pancreaticis,7 months in hospital,having to learn to walk again,kidney dialysis,type 1 diabetes and removal of gall bladder and 85/90% of my pancreas.

And the good folks on here doing a damn good colombo impression off tracking my mum down to find out where i disappeared too

Fuck sake, glad you're back up now.

If a similar fate awaits me and any of you reprobates try to find me you all go on the gulag list.

• Upvote 1