You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Being Liverpool

bonesman

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clive Owen's narration is awful. I can't see how anyone other than Liverpool fans would find this interesting to be honest.

It's narration, not much to work with besides the voice and unless you get someone along the lines of Morgan Freeman then it's not really going to stand out is it?

My friend couldn't understand what Flanagan was saying at all though, and I suspect this might be a problem for most Americans, depending on how much they talk to him, Carra, and maybe a few others I can't think of at the moment of course.

Also totally forgot about Joe Cole until I watched this, I knew he "played" for us, but forgot he was actually capable of walking around.

I thought it was OK. For ardent fans it didn't reveal anything in particular, but it was a pleasant enough look at the club. I was pleased it was on over here as in a small way at least, it helped spread the word about LFC. It all seems to be Man Utd and Chelsea, and we are going to need to get our act together on the pitch soon, or else the global fan base we do have will start to erode as a new generation comes through who do not see us as an elite club. So this sort of programme helps, albeit in a small way, to plug the gap.

I was out yesterday and so missed this. All the links seem dead now. Anyone got a working one?

Being Liverpool EP 01 on Vimeo

Very professional, very geared to the American and international market.

There was a bit if Russian history about Kenny’s axing. It was suggested that Kenny was operating in a quasi caretaker role until the “right man” (?) came along, and that Kenny was happy with that. If so, why did we give, and Kenny take a three year contract instead of a one year rolling one?

Carra’s face during the breathing exercises is a picture. Rodger’s pre match Albion team talk a little too self-conscious.

Overall far better than I had hoped, much less worse than I feared.

Awarding a trophy the size of Big Ears for a training game four sider was odd- wouldn't first pick of the oranges have done?

To be fair it was a shit trophy with plastic fixtures that you could get any trophy shop around the country. Not anything substantial, I'd be more worried if the losing sides got small participation trophies...