You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Allen thread

MLB

Xabi starts for Real. Xabi is Spanish. Xabi cost 30m.

As for Mascherano, he was significantly better for us than Lucas has ever been. The best combination is so clearly Allen and Sahin, in my opinion. We'll have to see how it works out, but I don't think we need to be playing a destroyer in a 4-3-3 against most of the league.

I don't rate Mash the way some people seem to. he was fantastic at breaking up play and then he'd give the ball straight back to the oppersition, what's the point of that? I see he is playing for Barca at centre back, anywhere but the midfield, eh Barca?

I don't rate Mash the way some people seem to. he was fantastic at breaking up play and then he'd give the ball straight back to the oppersition, what's the point of that? I see he is playing for Barca at centre back, anywhere but the midfield, eh Barca?

Mascherano's passing, predictably, has improved immeasurably at Barcelona.

Lucas is an excellent player, as the vast majority of our fan base know. Allen having a good game against City doesn't really change that.

Gotta agree with Hank here. As good as Lucas is, do people really see him paying £15m for a player who he thinks is gods gift and leaving him out of the team? No. And the same goes Sahin who he would have had to do alot of convincing to get him to come here.

Gerrard may well play front 3, but we'll be signing another couple of forwards anyway who wont be left out either. That's without even mentioning Suarez, Sterling and Borini.

We need a good squad and Lucas will be part of that.

Gotta agree with Hank here. As good as Lucas is, do people really see him paying £15m for a player who he thinks is gods gift and leaving him out of the team? No. And the same goes Sahin who he would have had to do alot of convincing to get him to come here.

Gerrard may well play front 3, but we'll be signing another couple of forwards anyway who wont be left out either. That's without even mentioning Suarez, Sterling and Borini.

We need a good squad and Lucas will be part of that.

We're signing a couple of forwards? We'll see.

Guest ShoePiss

He was brilliant today, always moving either with the ball, looking for the return pass or chasing down the opposition. Very intelligent movement and range of passing. He's going to be great for us, really looks like a good signing.

• 8 months later...
Guest Numero Veinticinco

We'd played two games until the points I'd posted that. Sahin had never played a game for us at that point. I'd no idea he'd never be used in his proper position or that he'd never be given a game with Allen as the deeper two of a three man midfield. What's your point, you semi-literate shithead?

We'd played two games until the points I'd posted that. Sahin had never played a game for us at that point. I'd no idea he'd never be used in his proper position or that he'd never be given a game with Allen as the deeper two of a three man midfield. What's your point' date=' you semi-literate shithead?[/quote']

Dear oh dear oh dear, the small man syndrome hitting hard again James, ah well.

Allen is easily our best signing since Suarez. Unbelievably impressed with the lad.

He is like a leopard hunting down its prey with precisely the right mix of pace, guile and aggression.

This lad is going to be a giant for us. Brilliant.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSboRE-5i34QxYR0yzZGeMHp8xoSu5HJ-2qu23ca-NjiflY3Nsndw

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'll never forget his performance against Man City early last season. He was absolutely brilliant. He dominated their entire midfield, including Yaya Toure (who then tweeted that it was the hardest game he's played in England). He has real talent and potential. I'm really pleased he's at the club.

We'd played two games until the points I'd posted that. Sahin had never played a game for us at that point. I'd no idea he'd never be used in his proper position or that he'd never be given a game with Allen as the deeper two of a three man midfield. What's your point, you semi-literate shithead?

You come across as a know-all cock.

Where in fact you know the same as most of us, which is the square root of not much at all.

Has nobody ever told you that?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Yep, frequently. Thanks for the reminder, though. Coming from such a knowledgable and well respected poster, I feel a little blessed. I'll try to be more considerate, and I'll review the way I post. Thanks again.

EDIT: Reviewed it. Fuck your Nan.

I'll never forget his performance against Man City early last season. He was absolutely brilliant. He dominated their entire midfield, including Yaya Toure (who then tweeted that it was the hardest game he's played in England). He has real talent and potential. I'm really pleased he's at the club.

He was class in that game. Some of the disguised passes he was throwing around were genius