You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Allen thread

MLB

I'm stating a fact then asking a question, I'm not saying anything.

Typically cowardly Code assertion; make snide insinuations about our players, manager etc using numbers, and then when challenged on them, say "I'm not giving any opinion here, just asking a question".

You think Henderson is better than Allen. Just come out and say it. Stop being a pussy.

Take it you didn't see the Chelsea and arsenal home games.

Thinking back he had a good game against Arsenal, so fair enough. And that was Chelsea's second team, so I wouldn't read too much in that game. If you think we'd have beaten Chelsea 4-1 in a normal game then you should think again.

But my point still stands, 2 games and a 30 minute spell isn't good enough for a Liverpool player. He could still improve but last season was far from good enough from Henderson, the position he was being played in isn't an excuse, because he played there plenty for Sunderland.

Typically cowardly Code assertion; make snide insinuations about our players, manager etc using numbers, and then when challenged on them, say "I'm not giving any opinion here, just asking a question".

You think Henderson is better than Allen. Just come out and say it. Stop being a pussy.

This makes no sense.

Think before you write.

This makes no sense.

Think before you write.

Again, cowardly evasion of the point.

Someone praises Allen over Henderson. You counter with stats about the number of games they have played (?!), with the only possible purpose to disagree with the original post, and then when someone points out that using the total number of games someone has played as evidence of quality is totally ridiculous, you suddenly step back and say "What, I wasn't making any judgements, just posting facts and asking a question"

Bullshit. You were doing your typically snide takedown (in this case, I assume Allen is on your hitlist for having the temerity to be favoured by Rodgers, who you plainly really, really, really want to hate, and are searching for as many reasons as possible to do so) using pointless stats and then equivocating like a muthafucker when called on it.

Again, cowardly evasion of the point.

Point?

Are you telling me you had a point?

If you did it would have been nice if you did not contradict yourself in your two lines long post, some achievement that actually.

Hilarious.

• Downvote 1

Allen or Henderson Code, which do you think is the better player?

I have never looked closely at Allen so its impossible for me to give you an answer to that question.

I have watched him twice against us and probably with half an eye in some other games Swansea have played I have had on at the telly while I've probably been doing other things so I really cant tell, what I can tell though is that he has never catched my eye in any way.

People suggesting in this thread that he is superior to Henderson is a bit daft though, where is the logic behind it, Henderson is a great young player with a bright future and is widely recognised as one of the most promising players in England and Europe.

He has played in the PL for years, he had more than 100 PL games at the age of 21, he is the U-21 captain, he has got games for England under two different managers, Kenny bought him to Liverpool and Fergsuon wanted him at Utd.

If Allen with his 36 games in the PL with almost identical stats to Henderson this season apart from the fact he tackles more but less successfully is supposed to be head and shoulders above him as some people suggest in this thread you have to wonder why clubs have not lined up to take him away from Swansea earlier?

Could it be because its actually a load of bollocks and they are both good young players with Henderson a few steps ahead at the moment because of his experience.

I have never looked closely at Allen so its impossible for me to give you an answer to that question.

I have watched him twice against us and probably with half an eye in some other games Swansea have played I have had on at the telly while I've probably been doing other things so I really cant tell, what I can tell though is that he has never catched my eye in any way.

People suggesting in this thread that he is superior to Henderson is a bit daft though, where is the logic behind it, Henderson is a great young player with a bright future and is widely recognised as one of the most promising players in England and Europe.

He has played in the PL for years, he had more than 100 PL games at the age of 21, he is the U-21 captain, he has got games for England under two different managers, Kenny bought him to Liverpool and Fergsuon wanted him at Utd.

If Allen with his 36 games in the PL with almost identical stats to Henderson this season apart from the fact he tackles more but less successfully is supposed to be head and shoulders above him as some people suggest in this thread you have to wonder why clubs have not lined up to take him away from Swansea earlier?

Could it be because its actually a load of bollocks and they are both good young players with Henderson a few steps ahead at the moment because of his experience.

Good answer here - I happen to agree.

Now get to work on that list of CB's.

Allen played much better than henderson last year. I think that's what most people are basing it on. Granted almost all our players under-performed last year and henderson was definitely not in a setup that got the most out of his strengths. But that is the long and short of it.

Allen would be a good signing. Henderson is a good young player. I can't say which one is better but both would be nice. Add Shelvey to the mix, Lucas coming back, and Suso starting to knock on the door, and there are a lot of options there. Adam and Spearing aren't really needed. Aquilani could possibly be of use but is likely not worth the wages, probably the same as Cole.

The way I see it is approximately like this, with six players for three positions:

Gerrard (Shelvey)

Lucas (Henderson)

Allen (Suso)

In front of them will be another set of three, again broadly speaking, comprising of Suarez, Borini, and, I'm hoping, another very good forward signing. The likes of Downing, Dempsey (if we sign him) and Bellamy would then be back ups for the main three, but we need one more signing who will be a main front three player.

Anyway, much that was a much broader post than just Joe Allen, but that's how I see this shaping up.

A spray tan and some tribal tattoos wouldn't be a bad idea either. Try and mask the fact he's only got 37 appearances or whatever it is. If he can't play like an elite level Premier League balancing midfielder he might as well at least look like a complete fucking helmet.