Quantcast
Joe Allen thread - Page 26 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
MLB

Joe Allen thread

He is class.. Had an awesome game today.. Wants the ball, and uses it well.. You could always see what he was trying to do, even if all he did was a 5 yard pass.. Unlike say Henderson, who sometimes looks like he is passing it short for the sake of passing it short, if that makes sense..

He's everything Henderson was supposed to be but didn't have the balls

That's said' date=' what's the future for young Jordan now? Is that 16 mils down the shite tube?[/quote']

It wouldn't have been too encouraging for him to see Shelvey brought on instead of him, that's for sure.

That's said, what's the future for young Jordan now? Is that 16 mils down the shite tube?

The Sunderland fans singing "Thank you very much for buying Hendo" on his debut last season was a reliable indicator of that. At least Allen looks like his ability extends beyond vampirically sucking money out of the club.

Rodgers after the game:

...because for us to dominate games we need players with courage to have the ball..

The future doesn't look too good for Hendo..

Guest Numero Veinticinco
That's the spirit.

It's okay, a nasty case of Oompaloompaism hasn't hurt Xavi, or half of the Barca team.

yaya toure is quoted as saying the liverpool game is always a hard fixture but this was the toughest game he has ever had in england

testament to the quality of allen (and shelvey/gerrard to a lesser extent) that he got the upper hand against one of the best midfielders in the world - also testament to rodgers tactical nous

yaya toure is quoted as saying the liverpool game is always a hard fixture but this was the toughest game he has ever had in england

testament to the quality of allen (and shelvey/gerrard to a lesser extent) that he got the upper hand against one of the best midfielders in the world - also testament to rodgers tactical nous

Good compliment from Toure.

I'd imagine Raheem would have contributed to that somewhat re Toure's comments. He was buzzing around all over the fucking place!

I actually think that Shelvey should get a lot of credit for that. I thought Shelvey did really well in a number of aerial battles against Toure. Shelvey is a big lad himself and I thought other than his composed game going forward he also held up really well in the physical battles against the City mids.

Gotta say that I really like the big fella, defo one of the best midfielders in the world, and we did put a couple of naughty tackles in him yesterday.

A proper game of footy.

Gotta say that I really like the big fella, defo one of the best midfielders in the world, and we did put a couple of naughty tackles in him yesterday.

A proper game of footy.

Yaya Toure's class, definitely the most likeable mercenary in the league. His brother on the other hand...

I've seen Allen play for Wales a few times so was pleased when we signed him but was still a little surprised at how good he was yesterday. Whereas at the time 15m looked a little steep it now looks like a bargain

He's been quality in both league games so far. The point about the goalscorer being needed, as become even more evident over those games.

I thought you said he couldnt play the defensive midfield anchor role?? Did this not come up in the 20 games you watched last season?

:whistle:

You got a link to that mate?