You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Allen thread

MLB

We needed a winger and bought a older carbon copy of a player we already have.

We needed another quality midfielder (wether he is or not I don't know as I haven't seen enough of him, I hope he is)

Last season when Lucas got injured the team suffered, do people not remember this? All of a sudden Lucas is back so it's not a problem? I for one think that added quality in the centre when Lucas was missing last year would've gone a long way.

Plus what you said is not the way to react when we have just signed a new player and a player the manager clearly rates, I like to be happy and excited when stuff like that happens but that's just me I'm not a bore

I can't wait to see him play for us, watched him grow as a player due to taking an interest in him internationally, he'll make it here no doubt.

Everyone on about his fee of 15 million but United paid 18 for Anderson lets move on, it's not as if he's an inexperienced player, PL yes but in terms of games he's not, he's improving all the time and has been playing for Swansea since he was 16, he'll fit in well here and can play a number of positions, I'm glad he's signed I've called it for about 2/3 years saying he would be a great signing for top club, he looks made up to be here as well, welcome to LFC Joe Allen, lets get a few more in now.

Winger and striker please !!

Getting a bit carried away.

I'm not sure he is. It's going to cost City a ridiculous amount just to add a squad player now. To improve the first eleven, which we've done, it'll cost City about £20m just for one player. They've inflated the market and are now moaning about it. Saying that, we had a much lower ceiling, Borini for example, wouldn't improve their starting eleven where he does ours.