You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Allen thread

MLB

Does anyone think Allen is part of Rodgers 180 page doc in which he say controlling & keeping the ball will win you games?

After watching last weeks game in the Europa Cup, we sure controlled that game.....

Yeah, because with all the time he's had to work with the players and change the style of play, it should have been a given that he'd have them all fully briefed and ready to play his way last week in the first game of the season about 6 weeks after he was appointed.

It also says that Swansea are keen on Bolton's Mark Davies to fill the void. I thought I heard a rumour that Rodgers, or Kenny, were interested in Davies for us a little while back?

If he's cheap like, fuck it, get him in too. No harm in some better quality back-up than Spearing. We can then go balls out and sell Adam with no remorse at all.

I am happy with Allen signing.

The fee was always going to be high, given his age, his nationality, coming off a good season and his ex manager wanting him. We had to trigger the transfer clause, luckily there was one otherwise I suspect it would be higher.

But forgetting the fee, he is exactly what our midfield has lacked. We have needed someone to replace Alonso and make us 'tick'. That is exactly what Allen does. However he will also get stuck in and make tackles, which will help Lucas win us possession back and between them we should control games far more. Allen can also cover for Lucas, which will be important as he is coming back from injury and I think we all feel Spearing isn't really good enough in that defensive midfield role.

I like the look of our midfield options and that is without the potential addition of Sahin. I can think could probably afford to let Adam go as well and if Sahin does join maybe consider using Gerrard in the front three positions?!

Anyway back to Allen, I think he will be a very important cog under Rodgers.

Can you inform the silly twat that Allen and MVilla are very different midfielders?

If we sold Lucas then I'd welcome MVilla. Otherwise if we had MVilla and Lucas together then we'd have the most sterile midfield combination since Alonso and Zenden.

Ye, will let him know that he's a silly twat, silly twat who at a very young age is working for Liverpool.

Maybe he was just taking orders from his superior to put together a video of m'villa and his superior decided against buying him and opted for Allen.

Was yaya toure a holding midfielder for Barcelona? Mancini has given him the freedom to get forward and look how impressive he has become.

Ye, will let him know that he's a silly twat, silly twat who at a very young age is working for Liverpool.

Maybe he was just taking orders from his superior to put together a video of m'villa and his superior decided against buying him and opted for Allen.

Was yaya toure a holding midfielder for Barcelona? Mancini has given him the freedom to get forward and look how impressive he has become.

Your mate is a jammy twat, that's what he is. I've got Sports Sciences diploma and I'm now in a totally different line of work, just to demonstrate how very easy it is to 'train' as someone in his position. I've met hundreds of them, Johnny Sixpack who want to be PE teachers or go to the States to coach football and then end up selling windows back home 2 years later. Go into any room, anywhere in Britain, at any time of day, and ask for a show of hands for people with sports science degrees, and 34% of them will have their hands up.

He's a lucky bloke, but he obviously made a shit job of putting together that MVilla video though, some might argue.

Buck wants Allen, Allen stated that he wants to come, Liverpool meets buyout clause.

Love it.

Now all we need to do is wait until Tuesday to see him in a Liverpool shirt.

Lucas and Allen in the middle with Gerrard in front of them; we are going to dominate possession. All we need to do now is to make sure we score the goals.

Your mate is a jammy twat, that's what he is. I've got Sports Sciences diploma and I'm now in a totally different line of work, just to demonstrate how very easy it is to 'train' as someone in his position. I've met hundreds of them, Johnny Sixpack who want to be PE teachers or go to the States to coach football and then end up selling windows back home 2 years later. Go into any room, anywhere in Britain, at any time of day, and ask for a show of hands for people with sports science degrees, and 34% of them will have their hands up.

He's a lucky bloke, but he obviously made a shit job of putting together that MVilla video though, some might argue.

Or Brendan Rodgers just rates Allen over m'villa?

Or Brendan Rodgers just rates Allen over m'villa?

Or maybe he rates both but realises M'vila is not what we need and would probably be nearly 10m more expensive than Allen? The only way we'd buy M'vila is if we were selling Lucas.

I am now on the Allen bandwagon. He is going to be excellent.

I'd imagine we will be selling one out of Adam and Henderson.

Shelvey appears to be "first reserve" and I guess we'll keep Speo.

Sell Adam and keep Henderson and give him time to come off the bench for Gerrard and show what he can do.

Henderson in this system could really thrive but he needs to be given time and people need to realise he was a 21 year old who was bought for a fortune then played as a makeshift.

Adam is a small fish who doesn''t like being in a big pond. Prove me wrong, please! Same goes for Downing.