You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

John Henry doesn't expect 4th this season

Kevin D

Possibly mate, but I still believe we would have a much better chance of qualifying for the CL, and therefore keeping Torres, that season had they got rid of Hodgson earlier. From September onwards it was a matter of when Hodgson was sacked, not if, so I don't see why it took them 3 months to sort it out.

A fair point, and if we'd had new owners who knew anything about football it could possibly have gone that way.

Sadly we can't turn the clock back, and I also have a feeling the cecils grubby little cuban heels and gob influenced the owners to some degree.

Now there's a cunt who has a lot to answer for.

think it was Billy Breane a baseball scout or something who's mates with them and comoli he's big on moneyball and that... surely they should of listened to football people beforehand and not baseball... much as I hate cecil he at least pointed to some warnings of how things could be!.. lets hope he was wrong.. he usually was/is..

On the plus side, they rectify their mistakes pretty quickly, apart from sacking KK, and maybe (just maybe) they will be proved right about that, in time.

I also thought Klinsman had some input regarding Comolli, but I could be wrong there, or mixed up with something else.

It's my first few days off for quite a while, so I'm taking advantage and having a few bevvies, which means my memory is likely to be a bit fucked up :lol:

Pretty much, yeah.

We over paid and over spent on shit and ended up going backwards, new manager comes in and has to put it right. That said Dalglish would have still been here if we had finished outside the top 4 but looked even remotely capable of challenging for it, as it was we finished closer to relegation than we did the top 4 and even when we had 'given up' on the league it didn't look like the management had any interest in even looking forward to the next season persisting with the same players and getting the same results.

Yep, the last line in particular...

It's not the money, it's the principle of the thing.

I haven't posted for a while because I've been busy with work, but I come back to see the same cunts gobbing off the same old shite in the same boring manner, with hardly a decent conversation in sight because the usual suspects take delight in being arseholes.

I'm not suggesting it's the money. After all, we're only talking the price of 2 or three pints, depending on what school you went to/pub you drink at.

And all these gobshite cunts you speak of are "gold" members, yes? That's why you don't want to join the MF?

What else do you get for your money?

You get what eventually made me join the MF: ie, the satisfaction of knowing you are supporting the upkeep of something you and others (supposedly) enjoy being a part of. And if you're not enjoying, why be a part of any of it, FF or otherwise, in the first place? :thumbsup:

I'm not suggesting it's the money. After all, we're only talking the price of 2 or three pints, depending on what school you went to/pub you drink at.

And all these gobshite cunts you speak of are "gold" members, yes? That's why you don't want to join the MF?

There's not many - just enough to spoil decent discussion, which is after all what we are all here for, with the odd exception as stated, and yes that's why I don't want to join the MF, because I can't abide fucking internet warriors who find it fun to hide behind their screen and send arsey messages to people they've never met, try to ruin every thread they don't like and generally act the cunt.

Let me put them with a few lads from my company and see how fucking gobby they are.

There's not many - just enough to spoil decent discussion, which is after all what we are all here for, with the odd exception as stated, and yes that's why I don't want to join the MF, because I can't abide fucking internet warriors who find it fun to hide behind their screen and send arsey messages to people they've never met, try to ruin every thread they don't like and generally act the cunt.

Let me put them with a few lads from my company and see how fucking gobby they are.

The threads on the MF generally don't get derailed like they do on here though mate. You can get some very good discussions on it.

You get what eventually made me join the MF: ie, the satisfaction of knowing you are supporting the upkeep of something you and others (supposedly) enjoy being a part of. And if you're not enjoying, why be a part of any of it, FF or otherwise, in the first place? :thumbsup:

MF? FF?