You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I know it's the first preseason friendly and fitness is foremost and on and on but looking forward to this. 9pm start on a Saturday night is a nice touch too.

Almost everyone will get game time and we have lots of players to come back yet but it will be nice to see the lads on the park again.

Hope there is a good crowd because those trips to Luzern in Switzerland always felt flat, regardless of how good the game was. Good chance for the likes of Cole to show that he can play for the team and not just himself.

All things considered and going with a 433 I'd like to see -

------------Jones-------------

Kelly---Agger--Skrtel---Enrique

Shelvey----Aquilani-----Suso--

Pacheco-----Borini------Cole--

I know the score doesn't matter a fuck but I like introducing the younger players into a game where we are ahead and comfortable so they have no need to fear and are willing to try stuff that they do everyday on the training pitch.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelly won't play, as the England lads don't join till Monday.

It will be two different XIs each half. Mixture of youth and experience in both teams. Rodgers has said no one will play more than 45 minutes, Lucas might play less given his knee injury.

Kelly won't play, as the England lads don't join till Monday.

It will be two different XIs each half. Mixture of youth and experience in both teams. Rodgers has said no one will play more than 45 minutes, Lucas might play less given his knee injury.

Forgot Kelly was away with England over the summer, Flanagan at right back in his place. Also didn't expect Lucas to feature at all. Does anybody have any idea what the interest in this game is like over in Canada?

Guest ShoePiss
Forgot Kelly was away with England over the summer, Flanagan at right back in his place. Also didn't expect Lucas to feature at all. Does anybody have any idea what the interest in this game is like over in Canada?

There's still tickets available for the Toronto game, there was a good crowd when we played Porto there in 2004 though.

Blue Jays are playing at Fenway this weekend so Rogers Center can be fitted out for our game. Last time I was there, the place was still called the Skydome! The next week, Red Sox will have a long away schedule as Fenway is fitted out for the Roma game.

Guest San Don
I know it's the first preseason friendly and fitness is foremost and on and on but looking forward to this. 9pm start on a Saturday night is a nice touch too.

Almost everyone will get game time and we have lots of players to come back yet but it will be nice to see the lads on the park again.

Hope there is a good crowd because those trips to Luzern in Switzerland always felt flat, regardless of how good the game was. Good chance for the likes of Cole to show that he can play for the team and not just himself.

All things considered and going with a 433 I'd like to see -

------------Jones-------------

Kelly---Agger--Skrtel---Enrique

Shelvey----Aquilani-----Suso--

Pacheco-----Borini------Cole--

I know the score doesn't matter a fuck but I like introducing the younger players into a game where we are ahead and comfortable so they have no need to fear and are willing to try stuff that they do everyday on the training pitch.

They should have this live on the club channel rather than the pay for web site.

1st pre season game that is just about fitness and you have to pay for it or else wait for delayed transmission? WTF!?

How the fuck is this on ESP fucking N and not our own TV channel? What a complete fucking balls up. What's the point of even having LFCTV if the club's just going to hand this kind of game that the fans blatantly want to watch to ESPN? It's really just somewhere to watch "Top 10 goals against Everton" and a rolling advert for the Boot Room restaurant isn't it. There are some thoroughly useless fuckers at our club. Premium dvertising opportunity lost. Fucking hopeless.

Guest San Don
How the fuck is this on ESP fucking N and not our own TV channel? What a complete fucking balls up. What's the point of even having LFCTV if the club's just going to hand this kind of game that the fans blatantly want to watch to ESPN? It's really just somewhere to watch "Top 10 goals against Everton" and a rolling advert for the Boot Room restaurant isn't it. There are some thoroughly useless fuckers at our club. Premium dvertising opportunity lost. Fucking hopeless.

Couldnt agree more! Im really surprised this is on espn and not the club channel.

Guest davelfc

Pre season games like this should not be televised, call me old fashioned there. I remember the days that you could rarely find the result of these fitness warm ups. Usually inside the back page of the echo, tucked away with a result from Cadbury11 v Squibbs.

A lot of our fans just don't have the mental capacity to deal with these games for what they are.

A lot of our fans just don't have the mental capacity to deal with these games for what they are.

It is ultimately about fitness, getting used to the new tactics etc.

However it is more than that as a lot of these players are playing for their future at LFC over the next three games.

Someone like Pacheco has to impress Rodgers really if he want to be invilved in the first team squad, as does Eccleston who has been told to find a new club and even Sterling if he wants to prove he should stay at the club rather than go on loan.

The game has moved on and scrutiny is higher than ever - players and clubs understand that it is part of the game now days.

These games are a rare opportunity for some of our fringe players and youngsters to impress Rodgers and the fans. As in the next match it is going to be even harder to impress as the English lads will be back and that means less action for others.

I can only imagine that the game would find a wider audience on ESPN than it would on LFCTV. How much more (if any) I can't say as I've no idea about viewing figures, and also because it's just a friendly. There are neutral viewers out there that are happy to watch any football that's being shown, but as neutrals they are unlikely to gravitate towards the club's own channel, but will probably watch as it's on a neutral channel. The game might pique their interest to check out the club channel and/or maybe take a greater interest in the club. Potential new fans.

Of course, the above could just be utter bollocks because if you are able to receive ESPN, you should be able to receive all the ESPN channels as well as LFCTV. In which case, why not just show it on LFCTV where you've got an audience already?

I'm going to miss the game as I've been invited to a restaurant opening so I'll just have to catch the highlights I guess (if there are any!).

Sara (TSO)'s nephew is going to be a mascot for this game. I've no doubt he's going to be made up for this so I hope he enjoys the moment.