You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Assistant Manager, etc, finally on the website.

JohnnyH

It’s finally on the website that they are in place. Colin Pascoe Assistant Manager , Glen Driscoll Head of Performance and Chris Davies Head of Opposition Analysis. Odd that it took this long.

Achterberg remains as Reina fattening up coach, so I assume the Valero stuff was all nonsense. Shame, as he could have turned Pepe around.

Link here in case you think I’m a stinking liar. First Team - Liverpool FC

There's a video of him doing the rounds when he was at Swansea. He knows his onions.

Was that the video where he essentially had sensi soccer on an Amiga 500 as his technical tools. He was enamored with jpegs of players. I can't help but feel he will become the lawn mower man after getting his hands on our technology.

Was that the video where he essentially had sensi soccer on an Amiga 500 as his technical tools. He was enamored with jpegs of players. I can't help but feel he will become the lawn mower man after getting his hands on our technology.

I could get my MatchDay II out on the Speccy. I'm fucking ace at that.

It’s finally on the website that they are in place. Colin Pascoe Assistant Manager , Glen Driscoll Head of Performance and Chris Davies Head of Opposition Analysis. Odd that it took this long.

Achterberg remains as Reina fattening up coach, so I assume the Valero stuff was all nonsense. Shame, as he could have turned Pepe around.

Still not named the head of the Cheerleaders and hot dog stall.

Guest San Don

They were appointed a day or so after rodgers got the job. Dont see what the issue is \ was with them not being named on the offal website myself.

as for reina, he's a professional, so he should be able to work with any coach. Im getting tired of this shit that he's only playing below his standard because he hasnt got his favourite GK coach with him.

I too noticed John Achterberg is still listed as GK coach. Were all those rumours just bollocks then? Was it just some bellend on Twitter who saw Achterberg going home for the day and just assumed he was part of the cull? I've no idea if Achterberg is actually any good at his job, but what I do know is that both our goalkeeper and forward line were much more effective when Xavi Valero had that role.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
There's a video of him doing the rounds when he was at Swansea. He knows his onions.

Yeah, as ridiculous as it sounds, he's the piece of Rafa's mind that concentrated on how to beat the opposition.

They were appointed a day or so after rodgers got the job. Dont see what the issue is \ was with them not being named on the offal website myself.

as for reina, he's a professional, so he should be able to work with any coach. Im getting tired of this shit that he's only playing below his standard because he hasnt got his favourite GK coach with him.

I'm guessing here, but perhaps they had to go on gardening leave?

I reckon that managers, perhaps some coaches, and players are generally regarded as contractors. They have a fixed term contract that can be bought out. Support staff will be full time employees, like the majority of people, and if you quit you may be required to work your notice period or to go on gardening leave before you start your new post if your old employer insists on it.

Like I say, just a guess.

No issue, I was just saying that it was odd they weren't names sooner.

Lucky I didn't even remotely suggest that then isn't it.......

Reina was at his best under Valero. Our strikers at the time also said he was excellent for advising them on what ‘keepers liked to do such as go to ground early when one on one, or stay on their feet, if they favoured their right or left sides, etc. Given this, I’d like to see him back. I am not for one second even hinting that Reina has his panties in a twist.

You appear to have some sand in your vagina; go and wash it out.

personally I don't see why Reina needs Valero to be on form, he is 29 and has spent the last twelve years in the senior squads of Barcelona, Villarreal, Spain and Liverpool, obviously it helps to have the best coaches but not having Valero there shouldn't mean he has gone from being the 2nd best keeper in the world (my opinion) to pretty poor in the last season or so

personally I don't see why Reina needs Valero to be on form, he is 29 and has spent the last twelve years in the senior squads of Barcelona, Villarreal, Spain and Liverpool, obviously it helps to have the best coaches but not having Valero there shouldn't mean he has gone from being the 2nd best keeper in the world (my opinion) to pretty poor in the last season or so

Because it's not necesarily about being a good shot stopper. A good goalkeeping coach also studies the attackers of the opposition and is able to pass this information on to the keeper to ensure he's in the best posible position to cut out attacks, whether a player favours placement or power, likely things a player will do on a one-on-one.

A shit keeper coach will spend most of the training pinging ball at the keeper to catch and save.