You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So Clarke Carlisle is now the Paul Gambaccini of football soundbites?

After his comments on the Evra and Suarez situation I wouldnt expect much of a balanced programme.

One of the interviewee quotes on the advert for this programme was "Racism is racism. I don't care what anyone says."

That depth of insight is beyond me.

Suarez never said negrito.

Just a point of correction.

My apologies, it was negro.

(Point 6.http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/NewsAndFeatures/2011/~/media/Files/PDF/TheFA/Disciplinary/Written%20reasons/FA%20v%20Suarez%20Written%20Reasons%20of%20Regulatory%20Commission.ashx)

One of the interviewee quotes on the advert for this programme was "Racism is racism. I don't care what anyone says."

That depth of insight is beyond me.

It's really quite ignorant to not care what anyone says I think. Due to a spelling error my phone changed ignorant to orangutang I'm glad I spotted it.

The only person who gives a fuck that Clark Carlisle is black is Clark Carlisle. He fucking loves to remind us all as well.

Who commissions this shite? I hope he does follow up programmes like 'Is Figure Skating racist?', and I hope he points out the alarming lack of black darts players.

Just watching this now and, predictably, LFC has taken a shoeing - though Collymore was pretty fair.

Funny how Clarke Carlisle is documenting stereotype and prejudice about black men by featuring his white mother and absent father.

this whole racism thing is getting ridiculous, yes theres racists in football like there are in all walks of life in which thousands of people are involved, and if they get caught being racist they get punished if found guilty, hell they even get punished if someone alleges they've been racist with no evidence of what they've supposedly done at all

In fact in recent months, its seems as if racism the other way is becoming more regular(not that that makes a difference all racism is the same imo, but I doubt this will be picked up upon in the program), Ferdinand thinking its acceptable to call someone a choc ice, Johnson being expected to take the black guys side over someone he knows and is friends with, twats like Carlisle and Jason Roberts being allowed to slaughter people with no evidence to prove they are in anyway racists, can you imagine the outrage if some random mediocre white player came out and said Evra was a lying cunt and a disgrace with no evidence to back his statement up, there would've been uproar.

What the likes of Mcgrath, Powar Ferdinand etc are implying when they use language such as choc ice and coconut is that all people of one race should stick together regardless of the fact that they may harbour a different opinion to theirs.

No matter that they may know the accused more intimately than any of his accusers.

No matter that they are intelligent and articulate and capable of forming and expressing their own opinions.

No, according to the above mentioned, Glen Johnson, Ashley Cole, Parmjit Singh should abandon individual freedom of thought and expression and fall in with their own 'type' 'creed' 'race' or whatever over simplified racial pigeon hole the likes of Powar cares to categorise them as.

In a word, tribalism.

The problem with racism in this country is that we don't educate, we only punish.

The racists with half a brain cell keep shtum for 90 minutes, racism is engraved into people, it's not something that is turned on and off for 90 minutes.

I think it is also important to notice the difference between ignorance and racism. A lot of racist behaviour is down to ignorance.

And speaking of Powar... where the fuck is he now that the Terry trial has finished. Why is he not twittering his support for the view that the F.A need to take action independantly ?

Surely tribalism is not clouding Chelsea FC Foundation director's conviction?