You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D.Graham: 2845 minutes - 589 passes = 1 pass every 4,83 minute. 12 goals, one every 237 mins

A.Carroll: 2065 minutes - 730 passes = 1 pass every 2,82 minutes. 4 goals, one every 516 mins

You have to wonder how Carroll will cope with all this posession football Rodgers teams have played in the attacking third.

By scoring more than four league goals? Just a thought.

An expert opinion from a team mate who'd dare not say anything else?

Dare not say anything else? He didn't have to say anything. We can question the motives behind the article if you like, an article that gives us some background as to why Carroll was so poor for the majority of last season.

Or just make the easy conclusion that he's shit and doesn't try.

Vice captain of the club is going to go on national telly and slate the King and a current player is he?

It's from Carragher's column in the Telegraph. You're not even paying attention to the 'shit' posted in this thread.

You're marvellous.

There is no point in that comparison. Graham isn't good enough for Liverpool.

From what I keep reading we are going to play like Swansea this season, Rodgers style and loads of our players will not fit in, based on what exactly?

Carroll is one of these strikers, can people guess who the others are?

Striker one: 3786 minutes - 15 goals = 1 goal every 252 minutes.

Striker two: 4135 minutes - 17 goals = 1 goal every 243 minutes.

Striker three: 4562 minutes - 16 goals = 1 goal every 285 minutes.

Striker four: 3658 minutes - 15 goals = 1 goal every 243 minutes.

What is making me uneasy about this is that BR is making this decision and may not have even had a training session with the lad. His decision will be based on a couple of games last season and whatever he has seen on the telly. People on here will know more about Carroll than Rodgers does yet he has decided to write off tens of millions of investment without really seeing what the lad can do.

And FSG are just letting it happen - this is scary.

Kuyt, Maxi and now Carroll. Smacks of the Souness years when we shipped out quality and replaced it with dross.

What is making me uneasy about this is that BR is making this decision and may not have even had a training session with the lad. His decision will be based on a couple of games last season and whatever he has seen on the telly. People on here will know more about Carroll than Rodgers does yet he has decided to write off tens of millions of investment without really seeing what the lad can do.

And FSG are just letting it happen - this is scary.

Kuyt, Maxi and now Carroll. Smacks of the Souness years when we shipped out quality and replaced it with dross.

Rodgers will have spoken to plenty of people about Carroll. I'd be astonished if he hadn't spoken to Steve Clarke for example. And he would provide insight that would surpass even even of those on here!

We're going to this Yankee pre-season tourny with no Suarez, no Carroll ,no Bellamy no Maxi and no Kuyt.

Are we taking the Spanish approach from Euro and not playing strikers??

Carroll is going.

Adam Morgan

Andy Carroll

Daniel Pacheco

Krisztian Adorjan

Fabio Borini

Nathan Eccleston

Just re-inforces how short we are up front. Interesting there's no Ngoo

Thing is, Souness tore apart a championship winning side and also had the retirement of Hansen.

Kuyt was no where near the player he has been for us last year.

Maxi was good but if he wants to go home, let him. We will (hopefully) replace him with someone better.

If Carroll doesn't fit into Rodgers system (That we all want to see implemented) then move him on early and use funds to purchase a striker in the mould he wants.

So, I for one have no worries about him ripping up our League Cup winning squad of heroes.

Carroll is going.

Adam Morgan

Andy Carroll

Daniel Pacheco

Krisztian Adorjan

Fabio Borini

Nathan Eccleston

Just re-inforces how short we are up front. Interesting there's no Ngoo

My understanding, is that Carroll has a special dispensation...extended leave of absence.

I think we need to keep the lad. He is a striker who can bring in Suarez and Borini playing with back to goal as part of a front 3. We have been linked with players like walcott, Sturridge who obviously edge AC for pace, however IMHO they both play like under 10's, running down blind alliys, turning instead of laying the ball off etc.

I agree he was never worth £35 mil, but we payed it, he is here, and was starting to play with a bit of confidence and presence, he needs kept - who will we bring in to improve without CL football?

I'd personally really like to see him given another season as I think he finally showed promise in the final quarter of last season and in the Euros. The way he bullied and panicked Terry in those two games showed to me how effective he can be. He clearly frightens defenders and there is much more to his game than heading the ball on for someone when he is playing at his best. I'm saying this after verging on wanting him gone following a very poor first half to last season.

Ultimately though it is obviously BR's decision, which will be a football one. He knows that he will live and die by such decisions so he clearly has to be allowed to do what he wants with the team. He might even keep him! I can't pretend though that I wouldn't be a little disappointed to see him go (if he goes) as I do think he should get another full season to establish what he is really capable of.

He is a striker who can bring in Suarez and Borini playing with back to goal as part of a front 3.

I don't think he is that type of player. He is at his best running on to through balls or dealing with crosses on the edge of the six yard box.

I think that Rodgers may release him because he is not as you describe him.

Pay up or fuck off. Why on earth should we loan a player out to strengthen a rival, who finished above us in the league and who we saw fit to give 35m to for the same guy 18 months ago and continue to pay some of his wages. Utter madness.

It's insane. The carrol money bought them cisse, ba, cabaye, Elliot, obertan, santon and now they could get carrol back after one season with a 20 million profit made on him. We built that side.

Liverpool shittest club at transfers in world football.