You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The '2012 London Olympics' Thread

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Yes, he's just said he'll be on holiday.

That was my first thought

We'll be in Tenerife, Proctor and Gamble are paying for my Mum and Dad to go.

Don't you wish you were going? Great for your folks though

That was my first thought

Don't you wish you were going? Great for your folks though

Kind of, but it was quite a recent thing so we had booked our holiday already, his girlfriend who is a physio(sp) for UKSports can't get a ticket.

Guest davelfc

I think I've watched 2 opening ceremonies, one was in the 80's and I was based in the middle of nowhere and it was all that was on tv. I volunteered to count the bullets in the police armoury in the end to escape the rest of it and clean all of the weapons, around 2000 of them. The other was the last olympics and mainly because whatever they did, we had to follow. Plus I was travelling to China a bit around that time.

I'll watch the London opening for two reasons, one to see just how shit it's going to be, probably more cringeworthy than shit. Two, well I think we all know that one.

It's a bit weird, people go on and on about specific sports they dislike and others understand and shut up. Mention that you don't like olympics (summer or winter) and it's like you called god a cunt, which by the way, he is. (read his book, it's full of cunts tricks) That doesn't mean I'll be haunting olympic threads while it's on, I need a break from this place and this will be perfect for that.

How naive am I that I assumed at the beginning that friends and family would just get tickets

We can't believe it either but as I said he only qualified in his very last two races. If he does get to the final my Mum and Dad get tickets for that too.

Who's that pic of LT?

Shoepiss - Don't know. I'd like to but have got a lot on.

Just been watching some of the athletics on BBC. Is Brendan Foster the most utterly droning boring man in the entire world of sport?

Edit - Steve Cram's not much better.

Who's that pic of LT?

Shoepiss - Don't know. I'd like to but have got a lot on.

Just been watching some of the athletics on BBC. Is Brendan Foster the most utterly droning boring man in the entire world of sport?

Edit - Steve Cram's not much better.

Hilarious bit at the trials when Chambers won the 100 and started shouting 'fuck off, fuck off, fuck off' at the camera & Steve Cram who makes no effort to hide his hatred of Chambers says ' well , there's no need for that' like a maiden aunt.

Hilarious bit at the trials when Chambers won the 100 and started shouting 'fuck off, fuck off, fuck off' at the camera & Steve Cram who makes no effort to hide his hatred of Chambers says ' well , there's no need for that' like a maiden aunt.

Hahah that's class. Didn't know about that.

Not just that but for someone who was a good athlete himself it never ceases to amaze me what bollocks he talks in his commentaries....you can almost predict that whatever he's describing the exact opposite is just about to happen

I like it that they aren't hiding the fact they think he shouldn't be competing at the olympics.

Just watching the Grand Prix now (thanks for the heads up, RL....nothing else doing chez Champ this afternoon). Oh, fuck, please let the sun come out for the Olympics....puts me in mind of a wet Tuesday evening in Stoke

Haha steve cram? Me lil brother broke his 20 year record the other day by 3 seconds on sky sports. Shame the london olympics is two years too early. Good of rafa to phone him before his race to wish him good luck, a process he tells me was horrible haha I had him on me shoulders when rafa brought the ears home and was the first to take him out running with and then told him to join a club and get in the gb team. Watch out for him, Ive given him a love for running that means he will leave others for dust and hes gonna be a world champ, runs for liverpool harriers. Proud of him cos of all the work he has put in while his mates go out on the lash gettin smelly fingers. Oh an am just getting started with developing that same love with my youngest sister but am not putting no pressure on her.