You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The '2012 London Olympics' Thread

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Funny as fuck that knob Phil Jones trying to interview the marathon winner Stephen Kiprotich.

Bring on the last boxing finals. Could we round off our great Olympics with another Gold or two.

Stupid fucking clown just kept steaming on with complicated sentences when Kiprotich had told hi. he wasn't understanding him....and then silence

Guest Pistonbroke
Stupid fucking clown just kept steaming on with complicated sentences when Kiprotich had told hi. he wasn't understanding him....and then silence

I was laughing my arse off...a simple well done would have sufficed and then just held the mike out for the lad to say something himself.

Good points lads about the BBC and showing other sports.

So what if the BBC don't have live f***ball rights, these olympics have shown that there is a lot more choice out there and sports crying out for more TV coverage that a public service broadcaster should cater for.

Guest Pistonbroke
Good points lads about the BBC and showing other sports.

So what if the BBC don't have live f***ball rights, these olympics have shown that there is a lot more choice out there and sports crying out for more TV coverage that a public service broadcaster should cater for.

It is there if you look mate. I bet the major channels will be clambering for the rights to certain events in the next year though.

It is there if you look mate. I bet the major channels will be clambering for the rights to certain events in the next year though.

Unfortunately I don't think there'll be a massive following after the games, yes it's been fantastic watching all of these niche sports, but that's exactly what they are, niche.

Once the glow has dimmed and the overpaid and hyped f*********s are back and dominating the back pages then it'll all be a wonderful memory which will be talked about for ages, without the majority actually bothering to keep up to date with the latest developments.

Sad, but inevitable.

Guest Pistonbroke
Unfortunately I don't think there'll be a massive following after the games, yes it's been fantastic watching all of these niche sports, but that's exactly what they are, niche.

Once the glow has dimmed and the overpaid and hyped f*********s are back and dominating the back pages then it'll all be a wonderful memory which will be talked about for ages, without the majority actually bothering to keep up to date with the latest developments.

Sad, but inevitable.

All about public demand, it the public want then the TV companies will have to act. I can see a few sports getting more coverage and hopefully on the main free to air channels. Guess we shall have to wait and see mate.

Guest Pistonbroke
Yeah, abit of a shame.

I hate the way they interrupt the fights with the medal ceremonies.

The last one usually has nobody there except today will have a brit in it.

Spinning it out...gives the public more chance to buy refreshments.

Guest Pistonbroke

Evans is being far too cautious, seems more concentrated about getting hurt than actually going for the Gold medal. 10-5 down and it looks like an ominous defeat on the cards.

Guest Pistonbroke

Bottled it, pure and simple. Still did well to get to the final and win Silver, but he showed me there that he wouldn't get to the top if he turns pro.

Guest Pistonbroke
Community Shield is on, I'd forgotten all about it. I'm watching the mountain biking and boxing. I just can't get worked up about the other sport at the moment, maybe it'll change when the season gets going.

hahaha, i didn't even realise that was on now. Can't say i'm arsed about missing it.

As someone who has seen quite a few olympic games over the years, only because it is a host of live sporting action across the whole spectrum of sports out there. I have to admit a kind of dread of us hosting the games and it being a mess and let down compared to other games.

So it has been a great feeling to witness one of the greatest games ever to be held and to show the rest of the world how a games should be held. The crowds attending the games and there vocal passion in supporting not only the British athletes but also athletes from other countries,is what has made these games not just great but outstanding.

The two main sports I was looking forward to in these games have imo been the biggest let down of the whole games for me. The f++++++l was the biggest failure for me and I really feel it is a sport that should not be part of the games. It was the thing I was looking most forward to and it hurts to say it should not be included as a olympic sport.

The sport is to PRO for me to be played in the format they are doing it. The way it should be dont is for none of the big look at me PRO players being involved,the whole f++++++l should be open only to players who havent turned PRO but only open to players up to the age of 16 or 17. It would imo be a totally better way of doing it and a way for players who have not already household names to showcase there talents as the future of the game.

On the flip side of the coin,the womens f++++++l has been one of the major hits of the games for me. There has been some class matches and played without any of the tantrums of the male game imo.

The other big letdown for me has been the boxing and thats down to the judging more than anything.

Especially in the early fights the judging was a farce and nobody can change my feeling that people have made serious money by betting on these early bouts.

It is a shame and it hurts to see the corruption which has certainly gone on in these early fights and the wrong person being declared the winner,when even Stevie Wonder would of judged it on what happend instead of the obvious brown envelopes some judges have got.

The womens boxing has been a total joke for me imo it is more like lesbian come dancing than boxing but thats just my view on it.

Tennis is another sport that should be aged limit to 16 or 17 year olds and not open to the top PRO players who have already made it to the top of the game. It just dosent sit right for me to be watching the top players competing for a olympic gold medal,even though it has been a great crowd pleaser with Murray winning gold.

The games are nearly over now and when it s all over and everyone has been given there pat on the backs for a great games the reality then hits home. All these new stadia built solely for the games and the total cost of hosting the games will become the focal point.

How many of the new stadia will be getting filled out or even in use in say four years time. The most hurtful thing will be after so much British success in these games,will be knowing that the government will still continue to close down recreation centers and decrease there spending on sports for children in this country.

So the question for me has to be has it been worth the cost of hosting the games and has/will it make anything change in the way sport for children will be funded in this country in the future or has it just been a un needed highly priced show of hey look at us,look how good we are PR white elephant.

The answer to that will be if the governments whole attitude towards childrens sport changes from the penny pinching bureaucrats in Whitehall has some sort of major turn around in there ways of doing things.

I wouldnt hold your breath on that happening if I was you.