You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I dislike online gaming too. It's something I'd do occasionally but as others have said there are kids and doleites who do fuck all except play online games and I can't ever get anywhere.

Bit reluctant to shell out for Fifa 13. I've got '12 - is there anywhere I can download a current squad file for it or do you have to buy the new game to keep up?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I get this do I need ultimate team or whatever it is??

You don't have to get it.

Ultimate Team is basically like baseball card trading but you make a football club with the player cards you get and play matches.

Personally thought it was a bit shit on FIFA 12 which was my first experience of it.

Got this today, first game online, got beat 4-3 by PSG, plays quite realistic, Pepe let's in every shot for a start :whistle:

There's some good little skill games where you have to lob the ball into bins or hit targets for points

It's a shame, there are historic kits that you can get for making progress in the game like Arsenal 1970 kit but not one for Liverpool, not one for the mancs either, must be licensing

I'm loving it. Pity Sterling and Suso's OVR ratings are quite low, but they do progress nicely over season mode. What I cant stand is that the commentator's call Suso "Silas", which isnt even close really.

Its also great not seeing shreks face everytime i start up the game.

I think it's good and I could see myself playing it for most of the year. Gameplay and player models are still not great. The game itself is fine, it's really nice having all the authenticity and such, but when you're not attacking it's just rather average. The defending is too simple and not rewarding enough for me. Like there's no gratification in making a last ditch tackle and saving a certain goal because there's not enough skill involved.

The difficulty settings are fucked as well. I think it was world class that I found to be a bit of a struggle, Stoke were passing and dribbling about like Barca, but the one down from that is too easy. I think the key is the slider settings, but I don't know the perfect ones because I didn't play enough of the game when they introduced them a few versions ago.

Seems they've improved the career mode a fair amount though. The daftest transfer I've seen so far is Masch to the Mancs, but it's an improvement on Lampard to the Mancs and Nani to Arsenal and shit like that. Also Rooney went to Madrid, but again, it's possible. I wanted to play the game semi-realistically so I sold Downing, Jones, Doni and loaned a few out, and bought Butland for the future, but didn't bring another striker in as I wanted to go through at least half a season with the current squad. Currently playing 4-4-2 but with a holding midfielder, two in the centre and Gerrard further forward. Basically a diamond without wingers. I find I dominate games this way and create plenty of chances, where as with the default formation I was just drifting inside with the wingers anyway.

Anyone know if you carry on as a club manager if you accept an international job? It's just Ireland and Cameroon are after me apparently and taking either to the World Cup would be fun.

I think it's excellent, but I agree with Adebisi about the defensive side of the game and the vast difference in difficulty between world class and professional, although I can beat the lesser sides on world class.