You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Why have FSG not yet appointed key staff?

Nathanzx

still nothing on dof, chief executive and stadium - with the stadium i can understand the delays

the dof/chief executive thing is a strange one

i know rodgers said he didn't want to work under a dof, so ayre and fsg then said they'd just tweak the model slightly and have different heads of departments with different responsibilities

well so far all it seems we have done is gotten a few scouts from man city

to not have this sorted by mid july is a bit strange

when rodgers was appointed, all the talk was that the following week or two would be very interesting with a whole new management model in place so what the hell is going on then? have they just decided to kabosh the idea cos rodgers said he can do everything himself? can't they find anybody willing to work in an arrangement where rodgers has the final say or are they just hoping people forget all about their talk of restructuring the management of the club? because at the moment the only men making decisions seem to be the new kid on the block rodgers and ayre who many believe should be sacked already or at least demoted for his part in the shambles that was last season

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've jettisoned the DoF thing. The fellows from Man City were brought into to handle recruiting. Ayre was given all the contractual stuff to handle. Mcparland/Segura have the academy.

I think they're all done and they've bet everything on Rodgers which seems pretty reckless to me but hey ho.

They're too busy telling people about their "vision". Actually doing things may seem important, but it's not, talking about long-term "visions" , or other grand but extremely vague rhetoric, is really what great owners do.

Sad thing is Rodgers barked a bit and they abandoned the vision. As all great leaders do.

Sad thing is Rodgers barked a bit and they abandoned the vision. As all great leaders do.

Rodgers may be great here but fucking hell - abandoning your vision for Brendan Rodgers. Whilst actively fucking off a certain world class manager currently residing in your city.

They better have called this right.

jaysus, fairly underwhelmed by what piscinin said if true

they do seem to talk rather a lot and then we must wait patiently for them to deliver on their promises until they say "it wasn't the right time" or "we had the best qualified people already at the club" etc etc

starting to worry that they might be full of shite with regard to some aspect of what is going on at the club

and ayre as a defacto director of football at the club is not the right decision, give the guy some job in the commercial department and leave it at that but to have him as a kind of chief executive and director of football goes 199% against what the owners have been promising us since they came in, it's like the second coming of parry

ayre has too much power

and fsg pulled down their trousers for rodgers too

worrying signs that they lack a bit of spine and integrity and that their grandiose plans for the club are subject to change at the whim of this or that

why doesn't someone hold them to account?

surely they should inform us of the following

a) update on stadium situation

b) update on their management model and what specifically has changed with regard to that model since rodgers was appointed and why that changed

c) if the oft-quoted "we'll only invest what we make" is actually true, i mean that's a fine philosophy if you are already on top but if your squad needs radical surgery and you are competing with city, chelsea etc than you need to splash a bit of cash

there seems to be occassional bits of spin and waffle from ayre in particular but no real straight answers or honest updates from anybody

as SOS seem to be quietened of late, how can pressure be applied on them to provide us with the info, that i think, we deserve to hear?

maybe jen chang, as a fan himself, knowing how frustrating this is for us, can enlighten us all

jaysus, fairly underwhelmed by what piscinin said if true

they do seem to talk rather a lot and then we must wait patiently for them to deliver on their promises until they say "it wasn't the right time" or "we had the best qualified people already at the club" etc etc

starting to worry that they might be full of shite with regard to some aspect of what is going on at the club

and ayre as a defacto director of football at the club is not the right decision, give the guy some job in the commercial department and leave it at that but to have him as a kind of chief executive and director of football goes 199% against what the owners have been promising us since they came in, it's like the second coming of parry

ayre has too much power

and fsg pulled down their trousers for rodgers too

worrying signs that they lack a bit of spine and integrity and that their grandiose plans for the club are subject to change at the whim of this or that

As I said before they've over-promised on under-promising and under-delivered on over-delivering.

Ayre is not the DoF, he's only doing the paperwork. Rodgers is the DoF and manager in one. He was even talking about tweaking the academy setup the other day. So it seems he has responsibility for that as well.

None of that is in and of itself a bad thing, it just seems like a lot to be putting on a guy with so little experience and who is basically a long shot. Benitez lost focus with that much on his plate, so it'll be interesting to see if rodgers can handle what seems like a pretty massive step up. And remember this guy does not have a track record of winning. He's never won anything. So he has to learn how to win at the same time.

No wonder he's trying out the extreme expectation management stuff. Challenge for top 4 in 2-3 years. Do me a favour.

I think we are only one key staff member away.

Rodgers has the manager/DOF role. i.e. no DOF

Man City scouts to help recruit players and discuss targets etc with Rodgers, who has final say.

Segura has the academy. He works in keeping with what Rodgers wants too so it's a good fit.

Here's where it gets problematic - Ian Ayre is doing the actual negotiations and deal making from a financial perspective? I'm not sure that he is the right man for this. Ian Ayre is at his best on the commercial side. He should help to grow that.

We need to hire a footballing man who can mix in the upper echelons of the FA and Premier League, someone who is well respected there and who also will represent our club very well. This is where we are lightweight in comparison to other big teams. Ideally this man will also have some business acumen and can easily handle negotiating player contracts.

Step forward Brian Barwick. He's the man we need. A gentleman and a red too.

Guest ShoePiss

They're fucking brilliant, the way they have managed perception has been much more effective than I ever thought possible. I knew they were a more intelligent version of G&H but fucking hell they're good.

Everything they do has fans coming out defending them, there isn't anything they've done that hasn't been defended by fans. The 'other side of the coin' is rolled out time and again.

Well done FSG, I think you've beaten us.

They're fucking brilliant, the way they have managed perception has been much more effective than I ever thought possible. I knew they were a more intelligent version of G&H but fucking hell they're good.

Everything they do has fans coming out defending them, there isn't anything they've done that hasn't been defended by fans. The 'other side of the coin' is rolled out time and again.

Well done FSG, I think you've beaten us.

This is becoming like Godwins law on TLW. Every conversation about the owners immediately turns into comparisons with G&H. What you dont seem to grasp is that G&H were cynical corporate raiders, they came in and loaded the club with an insane amount of debt to profit themselves, leaving it on the brink of financial ruin. They were literally the worst kind of owners an organization of any kind could have. They were forced out by lawsuit, or the club would have collapsed. Rangers style. Remember all that?

Now Im sure youre very upset with some of FSG's footballing decisions, or personnel decisions, or long term strategy. That doesnt make them fucking Hitler. They are in a completely different category. They came in and cleared our debt and are actually running the club, whether you agree with their decisions or not.

Guest ShoePiss
This is becoming like Godwins law on TLW. Every conversation about the owners immediately turns into comparisons with G&H. What you dont seem to grasp is that G&H were cynical corporate raiders, they came in and loaded the club with an insane amount of debt to profit themselves, leaving it on the brink of financial ruin. They were literally the worst kind of owners an organization of any kind could have. They were forced out by lawsuit, or the club would have collapsed. Rangers style. Remember all that?

Now Im sure youre very upset with some of FSG's footballing decisions, or personnel decisions, or long term strategy. That doesnt make them fucking Hitler. They are in a completely different category. They came in and cleared our debt and are actually running the club, whether you agree with their decisions or not.

Behave yourself. I know exactly what G&H were, putting it in simple terms they were stupid businessmen. FSG are not, they're rather intelligent.

I didn't make them 'fucking Hitler', their intentions are the same as H&G's only this time they may just be successful, that doesn't necessarily translate to success on the pitch, it doesn't have to. Honestly get to fuck with that shite.

The DoF thing is understandable and not much of a worry.

I do not share your view that having a manager with one year's Pl experience, a Board with virtually no football experience and little interest in it, and an MD with 18 months under his belt during which he humiliated the club , our manager and star player is "not much of a worry".

FSG, like Ayre, are frightened of having their shortcomings exposed. Good leaders appoint talent, bad leaders simply try to safeguard their power.

The way I understood it, they are not looking for a CEO, as Ayre is the permanent choice MD.

It is hard to understand, though, why the set up of the footballing staff hasn't been implemented and announced. For all the noices of either a DoF or a committee style setup back after Kenny was sacked, fuck all has happened. The journos should ask the club about that.

I do not share your view that having a manager with one year's Pl experience, a Board with virtually no football experience and little interest in it, and an MD with 18 months under his belt during which he humiliated the club , our manager and star player is "not much of a worry".

FSG, like Ayre, are frightened of having their shortcomings exposed. Good leaders appoint talent, bad leaders simply try to safeguard their power.

Sorry, that wasn't the point I was making. I meant that it wasn't much of a worry (should have used a different word) in that we already know the decision that has been made on that. Which is that it has been scrapped in favour for Rodgers. A decision I think is highly dangerous, like you, purely because Rodgers isn't very experienced at all. If we had appointed Rafa then it'd be a difference story.

By MD are you talking about Ayre? Dont really know much about what you're on about but I certainly don't think he has what it takes to be Chief Exec. Or play any similar role.

They did save us from bankruptcy.

Well, they didn't do it out of benevolence and altruism. They did it because they saw a chance to make money, which is fair enough. While I'm glad we're not totally fucked, I have no particular gratitude for FSG as their intentions aren't exactly honourable; they just did what made good financial sense.

Well, they didn't do it out of benevolence and altruism. They did it because they saw a chance to make money, which is fair enough. While I'm glad we're not totally fucked, I have no particular gratitude for FSG as their intentions aren't exactly honourable; they just did what made good financial sense.

This is what I dont get. Some people on here think we should be eternally thankful to them for buying one of the most successful and decorated British club in history for pittance, because in turn it helped us survive.

Yes, they did pay off a couple of hundred million in debt...but they also got to own the fucking club!!!!