You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fabio Borini

moof

I don't understand why he would think the fanbase would be excited about it? Because he has a foreign name? Because he has some talent?

Man we have fallen far. I'm worried that this our "star" purchase this summer. I remember the summer we signed Torres along with a 12m youngster. No Torres this year it seems...

If Borini is the 'exciting' player he's talking about then I'll assume Rodgers thinks the fans will be excited because he's already a very good player with the potential to become one of the best forward players in the league.

Also, stop fucking whining.

If Borini is the 'exciting' player he's talking about then I'll assume Rodgers thinks the fans will be excited because he's already a very good player with the potential to become one of the best forward players in the league.

Also, stop fucking whining.

You're right, my last few posts have been a bit pessimistic. Im not "whining" though - unlike some on here I've been right behind Rodgers. People are allowed to voice their worries though. So to summarise, fuck off, i'll say what I please.

I assume you've watched him a fair bit so you're a better authority on how good he actually his. As I said, he may become a good player for us. He may even be outstanding. But he could also be mediocre/rubbish.

Im optimistic. But excited? Not really. I was excited when we signed Torres, Suarez, Mascherano, etc. Genuine world class players who have proven their quality. Borini hasn't even been a consistant first teamer, last season being his only substantial appearance in the first team with 24 appearances.

The lad has good movement and can finish, so that's a plus. Hopefully he will settle quickly and hit the net regularly for us. He is not enough though. We need another striker, especially if Carroll leaves.

For the sake of argument, let's say that we hold onto out top players and our aim is to challenge for the top 4; I'd say we need two goalscoring wide forwards, a proper CM, another striker and a CB(unnecessary if we use Kelly there).

He's been linked with us for at least a month, hardly out of the blue.

Also, a month is plenty of time for a transfer to be hijacked. Obviously nobody else thinks it's worth the risk.

Obviously.

We're getting a seriously highly rated young player for a relatively small fee (by our standards). How can people be on a downer about this?

Obviously.

We're getting a seriously highly rated young player for a relatively small fee (by our standards). How can people be on a downer about this?

Probably because he's they type you'd want as a back up striker and until we actually sign some proper good players the pessimistic types will assume that he is the best signing we're going to get and that won't be good enough.

Obviously.

I don't think people are on a downer about this singing. They are on a downer on the prospect that this is all we really have to look forward to.

Of course that might not be the case.

Guest ShoePiss
Echo saying its sorted, medical to follow 11m euros

also says if Carroll goes and Bellamy more forwards will be in too

I bet that's Carroll off to Fulham in exchange for Dempsey and £9m.

books balanced.

books balanced.

Theres a guy who is spot on when it comes to Liverpool info.

He said two days ago that the Borini deal was almost complete and he said 11 hours ago we had signed him.

We are also in talks about Dempsey and he has said that if a offer comes in for Andy then we will sell.

So your call on Dempsey and cash for Carroll could be a goer.

books balanced.

I'd be disappointed with that, genuinely... but the club can say that Dempsey is worth like 15m and be like, "We didn't do too bad there."

Granted, I think Borini is a good signing. Rodgers obviously knows him from Chelsea, and Swansea's loan of him before... and he's young, looks quick, and looks like a good finisher.

Guest ShoePiss

Yeah and at 29, 30 before the season is over and a year left on his contract Deuce is worth about £6m. Fulham reckon he's worth £10m.

Caymen Islands, that's interesting.

I thought that to and I think he is in Spain on holiday at the moment.

He gets bits of info about other clubs to now and again,as you can see he called the AVB spurs thing a week before it was official and also called the Syg one to.

But his main info is about us.

He even called the Ramirez totally false straight away.

What's up with the hand biting celebration?

New Swansea City loan signing Fabio Borini explained his debut celebration in the 3-2 win against Nottingham Forest, saying he has the 'knife between his teeth'.

The 20 year-old striker explained that it is a saying in his native Italy, which means that when you want to achieve something so badly, you're 'angry to reach your goals'.

Borini scored twice on his debut and whilst celebrating one of the goals, he put the side of his hand in his mouth to demonstrate his delight at finding the net in his first game.

'I've been planning that celebration for a long time,''

'In Italy it means you've got the knife between your teeth.

'When you want to achieve something so badly that you are angry to reach your goals, you put the knife between your teeth.

'That's what I was trying to show by putting the side of my hand in my mouth.''

'It was important to break down all the barriers mentally with a goal in the first game rather than it dragging into the second or third game,''

'I scored against Forest and that's the barriers gone. Now I can play freely and look to score as many goals as I can.

'It's going to be tough physically and mentally to play seven games in the next four weeks, but we all need to keep our concentration and pick up as many points as possible.''

Borini is out of contract this Summer as he has yet to receive a new contract offer at Chelsea, and Swansea City look to have first opportunity to sign him. Due to his age, compensation would need to be paid.

Borini also said that he likes English football and could be tempted to stay:

'I did not know he (Preiti) was there, but I do know there's interest in Parma for me.

But even then, they are not the only team and if I start thinking about how many are following me it will end up detracting from my real goal.

'And that's to score five more goals by the end of the season with Swansea. I want to play and grow and I have finally found a place where I can. And I know I earn a great future as well if I continue like this.

'We'll see what happens but I really like the English atmosphere and English football - I think that's my football.'

Anyone watch ESPN Press pass?

Gab Marcotti was on last night talking about Borini and he was saying he is a player that coaches love because he has a very good understanding of the game, and is tactically very aware, and that whilst he has faults almost every coach he has spoken to loves working with him and raves about him.

He's deffo got character.

Italian lad training in the Chelsea youth team, bosses it.

Sent to Swansea on loan, nails it, doesn't complain.

Flogged to Roma/Parma, owns it.

Scoring goals at a club like Roma, that's not an easy place to go either, bit like here. But he's not fazed, just does it.

Odd definition of 'bosses it' and 'nails it' with regards to his Chelsea and Swansea career.