You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fabio Borini

moof

• 4 weeks later...

Having now joined Sunderland permanently, he had this to say:

"I am delighted to be back at Sunderland. It is a club I know really well from my time here previously.

“It will be emotional for me to play at the Stadium of Light again and I can’t wait to get back on the pitch as a Sunderland player.”

So keen was he for a return to Sunderland that he waited all summer for a Serie A club to come in for him, and when it became obvious that Liverpool would rejected their offers because they were shit and the only other serious Premier League offer was from Watford, he had to accept a deal with Sunderland instead at the end of the transfer window. 

I'm pretty certain that he's not a trouble-maker and that his attitude to training was always to give it his best, but he was never good enough for where we needed to be. It's telling that he does the business every time he gets loaned out yet is never trusted when he's a full-time member of a squad. We'll see if that trend continues with Sunderland, whom he might have played for before, but not under the current manager.

Given that neither of them will play and Borini takes pens I dare say you are right. Doesn't alter the fact that he is absolutely shite.

Shit signing in the first place from Bren "he'll excite the fans" Rodgers, but we're just replacing one unremarkable striker who won't play in Borini for another in Ings. 

If we can get £10m from Borini for a Premier League club we could have got decent money for Lallana or Lovren this summer to try and rectify the fuckwittery of wasting £45m, but the arrogant wanker wants to prove a point at our expense. 

• Upvote 2

This is a good move all round. I'm convinced Borini is better than what he managed to show here, but at the same time he is nowhere near good enough for us. Given the money in the game now, 8M plus 2M with add ons is about right. 

Balotelli is a better player than Borini but unfortunately he is also a bit of a headcase. With the Euros coming up hopefully he bothers to remember he's a footballer. If he does we might yet get a fee next summer, but it will be modest.  

Oh you with your werdz!!

If you cant stand the heat then dont cook anything you cant leave to burn in ten seconds flat, you can stand there finding fault, fiddling while de niro burns his mole off his chevy chase lest to make quicker his escape

I wouldnt want to take up resources that could be of use to Fabio Borini for it is him whom seeks that which is proffessional help or else would he not be better to stop playing?

I mean Im happy for him to play fourth striker behind Werzl Sturgeon Sturridge Gummage and Luis Chewish Suarez and Ricky 'smokin ten' Lambert Im willing to comprehensively revise compromise with this but it wouldnt matter, I think even as a ten game a season player, we could do better, I think theres more purpler beetroots out there if we really want to make a stain on the cleansheets.

Fair point.